Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: 2007 Axial West Coast Championships

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-24-2007, 09:52 AM   #61
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by H3RESQ View Post
Can i run the 1:1 somewhere there? I figured it was a comp area only. If so I'll bring the wheeler.

I see a loser's trail run on sunday. I'm in. LOL
I am hoping so. I am bring my 74EB, Win, lose or ??? I plan on having a good time.
RandyatBBY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-24-2007, 11:13 AM   #62
I joined the Band!

NOTICE, THE 2.2 CLASS IS FULL.

SORRY, BUT WE CAN NOT TAKE ANYMORE THAN 50 COMPETITORS FOR THAT CLASS. THERE IS JUST NOT ENOUGH TIME IN THE DAY.

IF YOU STILL WANT TO COMPETE, WE RECOMMEND TO BORROW OR BUILD A SUPER AND GET YOUR REGISTRATION IN. OTHER THAN THAT, JUST SHOW UP AND WATCH. ITS GOING TO BE A GREAT TIME.

DONNER WILL NOT ALLOW WHEELING ON THERE PROPERTY, AND IM NOT SHURE IF THERE IS ANY OTHER CLOSE SPOTS.

Last edited by KING BLING; 05-24-2007 at 11:34 AM.
KING BLING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 11:31 AM   #63
RCC Addict

As far as I am aware, there isn't anything close to Donner to really wheel a 1:1. Its been a few years since I have been up there.
Trikster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 11:44 AM   #64
RCC Addict

Sorry for the pic size, don't have anything to resize at this moment...

Where are you holding the event?

Old 05-24-2007, 12:15 PM   #65
I joined the Band!

Good Idea.

Red Dots Are Camping.

Blue Is Vendor Area Only, No Parking.

Green Is The Rc Vendors Area.

Purple Is The Werock Vendors Area.

The Comp Site Is Not In That Pic. It Will Be Up The Road Where The Red Arrows Point.

THE CAMPING AREA IS GOING TO BE A TIGHT FIT. WE ARE SHARING IT WITH THE WEROCK COMPETITORS.
Attached Images

Old 05-24-2007, 02:52 PM   #66
Rock Crawler

Question rules questions

I have some questions with rules. Can you start a course in reverse going backwards? Can you progress threw a gate going backwards in reverse? can you progress threw a gate upside down in reverse going backwards or just upside down? at the final gate do you just have to brake the finsh line plane with one tire both tires one part of the tire? can you finish the course in reverse with back tires?
51504rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 03:10 PM   #67
I joined the Band!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 51504rock View Post
I have some questions with rules. Can you start a course in reverse going backwards? YES, IF YOU START A COARSE IN REVERSE THAT IS NOW CONSIDERED FORWARD DIRECTION. EVERY TIME YOU GO FORWARD WILL COUNT AS A REVERSE.

Can you progress threw a gate going backwards in reverse? YES.

can you progress threw a gate upside down in reverse going backwards or just upside down? YES, AS LONG AS NONE OF YOUR VEHICLE CROSSES OVER THE PLANE OF THE GATE. IF YOU ARE UPSIDE DOWN, BACK UP'S ARE NOT COUNTED.

at the final gate do you just have to brake the finsh line plane with one tire both tires one part of the tire? can you finish the course in reverse with back tires YOU CAN FINISH IN REVERSE. THE ENTIRE VEHICLE HAS TO PASS THREW THE GATE TO FINSH A STAGE OR FINISH THE COARSE.

DOES THIS HELP??
EYE

Last edited by KING BLING; 05-24-2007 at 03:13 PM.
Old 05-24-2007, 03:18 PM   #68
Rock Crawler

Yes thank you.
I can't wait. This is going to be a kick a$$ show.
Old 05-24-2007, 03:48 PM   #69
RCC Addict

So is werock music or crawling?
Old 05-24-2007, 04:34 PM   #70
Keep it real

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trikster View Post
So is werock music or crawling?
You're kidding right?
Tanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 04:55 PM   #71
I wanna be Dave

I have a question too. Why not use the exact USRCCA rules at an event of this size?
Rockpiledriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 08:54 PM   #72
I joined the Band!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockpiledriver View Post
I have a question too. Why not use the exact USRCCA rules at an event of this size?
DONT GET ME WRONG HERE, BUT THERE IS NOTHING WRONG WITH THE NATIONAL RULES. OUR VERSION IS ONLY A LITTLE DIFFERENT. EVERYONE CAN AGREE THAT THERE ARE ALOT OF GRAY AREAS. WE HAVE SOME VERY COMPETITIVE DRIVERS AT THE BPRCA AND OVER THE LAST 2 YEARS, THEY HAVE DONE THINGS THAT NEEDED TO BE WRITTEN IN THE RULES. THINGS IN THAT GRAY AREA.

EVERY LOCAL CRAWLING CLUB HAS THERE OWN "UN-WRITTEN" RULES. THERE ARE MANY THINGS THAT DONT HAVE EXPLANATIONS OR ARE JUST NOT VERY SPECIFIC. OUR RULES ARE NOT PERFECT, BUT THERE IS LESS GRAY AREA.

ONE MAJOR YOU WILL NOTICE IS THERE IS NO BREAK DOWN TIME. WE FELT THAT IF YOUR NOT READY TO COMPETE OR JUST BROKE FROM BAD DRIVING, INFERIOR PARTS, ECT, WE FELL THAT YOU SHOULD BE PENALIZED FOR IT. THIS RAISES THE LEVEL OF COMPETITION.

AGAIN WE JUST WANTED EVERYONE TO BE ON THE SAME PLAYING FIELD. SOMETHINGS ARE ALLOWED IN SOCAL THAT ARE NOT IN NORCAL, AND THAT GOES FROM CLUB TO CLUB EVERYWHERE. WE FIGURE THIS WAY THERE WILL BE LESS DEBATE OVER THE UN-WRITTEN RULES.

ON ANY COARSE AT ANY TIME, THE FINAL RULE IS ALWAYS THE JUDGES OR MARSHALS CALL. THIS WILL BE ENFORCED AT THE CHAMPIONSHIPS, SO PLEASE KEEP THAT IN MIND. IF YOU HAVE A RABBIT UP YOUR HAT OR WANT TO TRY SOMETHING DIFFERENT NO ONE ELSE HAS DONE. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO ASK THE JUDGE BEFORE YOU RUN.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:02 PM   #73
I wanna be Dave

who will be judging this event.
1beatjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2007, 09:10 PM   #74
I joined the Band!

6 Coarses Will Have 12 Judges. The Main 6 Judges Are Drivers At The Bprca And Know The Rules Inside And Out. The Other 6 Are Assistants That Will Help With Making Calls.

The 6 Main Judges Will Be Driving At The Event, And Will Rotate All Day. By Having 6 Assistants, They Will Stay At Each Coarse All Day Long. If A Bad Call Was Made At 1 Coarse, The Assistant Will Make Shure The Coming Judges Will Call It The Same For Everyone Throughout The Day.
Old 05-24-2007, 10:06 PM   #75
Rock Crawler

One of the reasons for the USRCCA rules is so everyone is on the same page as far as rules go. I thought at a big event like this they would be running the USRCCA rules. Not the rules that the local club is used to. It kind of gives the locals the advantage because they know "there" rules. I understand that at the local events you might run your version of the USRCCA rules but there are people coming from all over. Don't get me wrong, the rules for this event look good to me. I just thought that at big events like this they would want to use the USRCCA rules. Just a thought.

ROCK ON

Last edited by 51504rock; 05-24-2007 at 10:13 PM.
Old 05-25-2007, 02:16 AM   #76
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanis View Post
You're kidding right?
No not really... I don't do full scale rock crawling, nor do I follow it (don't get any of the channels that show anything related to it). I do, however, a lot of music and there is a werock music deal out there. Google is your friend when you are confused.
Old 05-25-2007, 05:52 AM   #77
I wanna be Dave

I'd like to make this trip, but the budet only allows for 1x west coast RC trip this summer. I have to wait for the Nationals date to be released before I commit. If I can't go to Nationals because of some date conficts then the chance are pretty good I will be there.

I have to requests if possible:
1) Would you post some pictures of the terrian where the courses will be. Perferably with some trucks in the pictures.

2) Could you post the specific variations or "grey areas" you cover in your "Local Rules"

I am not trying to be a wise a$$, SERCRC has its fair share of Local Rules, and we list them seprately so visitors can find them easily Heck even "National's tweaked a few of the rules for the 2006, and probably will again this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KING BLING View Post
IF YOU HAVE A RABBIT UP YOUR HAT OR WANT TO TRY SOMETHING DIFFERENT NO ONE ELSE HAS DONE. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO ASK THE JUDGE BEFORE YOU RUN.
LOL....I like this alot, and may have to borrow it sometime. Its happened a few times at our comps

Last edited by Fishmaxx; 05-25-2007 at 06:09 AM.
Fishmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 08:00 AM   #78
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishmaxx View Post

I have two requests if possible:
1) Would you post some pictures of the terrian where the courses will be. Perferably with some trucks in the pictures.

2) Could you post the specific variations or "grey areas" you cover in your "Local Rules"
Good ideas.
Skeeno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 09:11 AM   #79
Pebble Pounder

YOU SHOULD HAVE MARKED 49TH AND 50TH TAKEN BY AXIEL,that wasent posted when I called ,or when I made my post!!!! THANKS
twisted 420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2007, 09:16 AM   #80
Pebble Pounder

The terrain is very much like the moonrocks(see 1TOM2GOs videos for an idea...)The surface is high traction but not moab smooth rocks.

The rules arent much different, they have just filled in most of the grey areas.And I have yet to see a local win from a special rule....ask the cali boys who frequent these comps!!!!

The best part is nobody really has any secret set-ups,just ask most (if not all) nevada competitors will tell ya what they run!!!!At least in the supers!!!!

But either way bring your "A" game because DRIVNMF can set some coarses you are just happy to finish!!!
ROCKAPE is offline   Reply With Quote