Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: Green River-Crawl Fest 2005 Driver List/Results

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2005, 03:25 AM   #21
Pebble Pounder

This was a comp right? Someone has to win and someone has to loose. So what if jason won, he deserved it. I think as far as driving, jason did the best job. Fishmaxx, and Xtreme did a hella job driving too! but.....i got beat by a shafty!!! and im not complaning, CSR wooooped me like a lil' kid(lol) That damn hole screwed me too!!! I think i made a few newbie miss-happs. But I liked all the gates. If it wasent hard it wasent fun. I diddnt see anyone driving over the eazy stuff after the comp. I switched tires and killed those too big ol' rocks and i did it before anybody stacked rocks under it bottom line is........IT WAS A COMP!!! IT HAS GOT TO BE HARD. I had a great time and cant wait to crawl with you guys again!!! Highmark you did a awsome job!!!! i gotta remember to bring sun screen next time!
juggalo28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-2005, 06:03 AM   #22
06 Super National Champ

Yeah, the line you took after the comp over that section was nuts. I never thought about taking the gate marker penalty and going for it up the big rock face on the left.

GR is an awesome place. I hope the next time the river is down...there's tons of cool obstacles under water right now.
JasonInAugusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 06:25 AM   #23

Thumbs up everyone chill!

everyone seemed to have a great time to me and it doesn't matter where ya work!! Just because jia works for an r/c magazine doesn't mean a thing. GET OVER IT!!! He outdrove us all and won! {experience, and form} is everything in any aspect of life that any of us will ever do! Please can we do this again soon at green river? {ringgostack and the bionic leg} would deffinetly be there and smiling w/ my itty bitty tlt! That was by far the best experience w/ r/c's I have ever had thanks!!! and yes, I am also a red-neck now too!!

Last edited by RinggoStack; 04-05-2005 at 06:29 AM.
RinggoStack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 10:13 AM   #24
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Highmark
I won't be planning another GR comp-or judging-or planning another corse. At the most I wouldnt mind doing some -fun- get-togethers but I want no part in another compition.

Dude, don't be like that. Everyone appreciated the work you put into it, and I think everyone had a good time.

You can't please everyone ALL the time. Don't let a little criticisem get you down like that.

Doing what you did, putting together the comp, is what's growing this sport so fast.

There could have been some improvements...... But there ALWAYS can be room for improvements....that will never end.

So chin up lil' buckeroo
Heavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 11:54 AM   #25
Quarry Creeper

I agree with Heavy Highmark. Yes.......there were a handful of folks that didn't think too kindly of the one obstacle on the first course of the day. Perhaps a few trucks cleared it but the majority either pointed out and broke trying, or by-passed it. No big deal, as stated elsewhere ya can't please everyone. I do agree this IS a competition and if all the trucks could clear everything it wouldn't be much of a challenge other than from a points standing. I for one can say you take the cake for making all this go smoothly. Months, weeks and days before the event your keeping everyone updated here on the board was perfect. Letting us know how the river was doing, etc is what was needed for the long haulers to see if it was worth a trip down. Don't bail on us due to our voicing our opinion.........it is what makes these gatherings better and flow easier each time. Your staying focused on keeping track of points was good from what I saw/understood. The second course, I also liked that you told people when they got a reverse penalty, sure helped me .
We couldn't have enjoyed ourselves more. Making the little 4 hour trip from St.Louis was well worth it. Meeting everyone we could was awesome and hope we can make it to the next event that is close to us. Was a little peeved about our truck that I put SO much time into, how it faired. Then when I think about it, figure it was the first REAL rock running it had and it was pretty impressive...........for me at least. Was good for me because me truck shall now be improved.
RCALLOYS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 01:39 PM   #26
Colt Python/SR9c

very well put Bill ;)

we need someone to setup the next GR also ;) so don't back out Jon. Due to even the water level comming up, we had a blast and that's all that matters
TwistedCreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 02:43 PM   #27
I wanna be Dave

Thanks for the compliments guys. Highmark and I tried to be organized. We were thrown a few curve balls that got us both rattled. The river was up, and our score sheets were missing in action. We had a large number of drivers with most never competing before which added to the confusion.

Hindsight is 20/20, so YES we should have had a drivers meeting! I think we were too obsessed with trying to get the event started so we could get two runs in. Sorry about that! I don’t think a group of crawler’s this big has ever been put together!

Highmark was a little tight on the scoring of the first course, but I think he judged everyone the same. That’s all you can really ask of a judge! The next one I am a part of we will have a Judge and a Scorekeeper! Believe it or not its hard to do both at the same time!

As far as course design I think the goal should be about 50/50 on the more difficult obstacles. Half make it Half don’t Each course should have at least one of those! Obstacles can be made easy to drive over, but difficult to get between the gates! If you are sloppy you hit Gate Makers that’s were the challenge can be. Competitions that large have to have some flow or else people get bored.

If it weren’t for the drive I would be back this weekend! Whipping some more shafty butt!
Fishmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 03:11 PM   #28
CSR
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by juggalo28
i got beat by a shafty!!! and im not complaning, CSR wooooped me like a lil' kid(lol)
Yours wasn't the only Clod to get whipped by my shafty..... And to add to the humiliation, I was running K-rocks!

I can't wait to get together with you guys again.
CSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 04:29 PM   #29
MODERATOR™

I am so coming next time.

EeePee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 09:56 PM   #30
The Wheels Keep Turning

highmark, it would be a sad day if you eventually get out of crawling. it's been great having you as a fellow member and it would be a loss. i hope you stay in it.

putting on comps is work, especially if you get slammed with allot of competitors and your not prepared. I know how you feel highmark. I've found that if you have allot of drivers, it's allot less work if you have 3 people helping you out full time. The staff needs to know the rules and how the comp will run.

To keep the comp running smooth and get drivers through the course quickly:

Make sure whoever is up next knows it before the previous driver finishes. we tell the next driver he's next when the previous guy is starting the stage. we also determine a good point on the stage (usually half way) when the next guy can start, so there are two people on the coarse at one time.

we always make sure the courses are setup before we need them. setup just before the comp, or setup before the previous stage has been completed by all. also, we try to setup the first stage so it's fairly easy, the second stage intermediate, and the last stage difficult. this way everyone can get through the first stage and have fun and so on.

good score sheets and a way to organize them is important too! anyway, i feel your pain highmark, i know it can make you dislike the events. and sometimes crawling for fun is that, more fun than comps. but people have a tendency to make sure they make it to comps. if it's a get together, it's optional to them, and you don't get as many people. anyway, the comps are allot more fun when you have more people helping so you can take a break. take it easy man.
kevinlongisland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 07:52 AM   #31
Ace
Rock Crawler

Running comps is tough. I know all the bitching I've seen at comps makes me leary of running one.

I've come to the conclusion that when I or Griz and I run one this summer, I will of course listen to the griping but will try not to sway.

It seems about 5% of the people always ruin it for the rest (life in general) and people in charge tend to listen to those people because they are the loudest.

What I'm trying to say is don't let the 5% get you down cause the other 95% had a blast and really appreciate the effort!

The last Moab course people bitched that the 1st course was too tough then the organizers let the competitors lay out the 2nd course and people bitched cause it was too easy!
Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 01:29 PM   #32
I wanna be Dave

17 Drivers
28 Trucks
6 States
2 Courses
1 River
Tons of Fun

Last edited by Fishmaxx; 04-07-2005 at 06:36 AM.
Fishmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 07:35 PM   #33

Cool

I totally agree, that was one of the best r/c events I've ever been to!! I will be going back to green river soon.
RinggoStack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 08:14 PM   #34
06 Super National Champ

Some Wallpapers for those that asked for images.

I had to photoshop legs out of these.

http://projecttwin.com/files/GR/wallpaper/Fishwall.jpg

http://projecttwin.com/files/GR/wallpaper/AdamF.jpg

http://projecttwin.com/files/GR/wallpaper/CSRwall.jpg

http://projecttwin.com/files/GR/wallpaper/Heavywall.jpg

...and the new gallery has been uploaded...

http://projecttwin.com/files/GR/
Old 04-06-2005, 08:19 PM   #35
CSR
RCC Addict

Nice pics Jason, thanks!
CSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 08:35 PM   #36
Quarry Creeper

Errrrrrrr, nice pics. Wondering, did anybody happen to get any pics of my truck running either of the courses? I goofed and didn't do any poser shots while we were there. On the way home, somewhere in Indiana........my Dad was like "MAN, you should have showed me how to use your camera". Ack. Lemme know. If not, no biggie.
Old 04-06-2005, 08:40 PM   #37
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCALLOYS
Errrrrrrr, nice pics. Wondering, did anybody happen to get any pics of my truck running either of the courses? I goofed and didn't do any poser shots while we were there. On the way home, somewhere in Indiana........my Dad was like "MAN, you should have showed me how to use your camera". Ack. Lemme know. If not, no biggie.
Which truck was yours? I might have some.
Rockcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 08:43 PM   #38
06 Super National Champ

Bill, I got one..
Attached Images

Old 04-06-2005, 08:45 PM   #39
Quarry Creeper

Gee, thanks Jason.........and you're supposed to be the big fancy magazine photographer. Would prefer a picture of the truck running the course. However I do appreciate your documenting the carnage. Got a picture for you too:

Old 04-06-2005, 08:50 PM   #40
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCALLOYS
Gee, thanks Jason.........and you're supposed to be the big fancy magazine photographer. Would prefer a picture of the truck running the course. However I do appreciate your documenting the carnage. Got a picture for you too:

HAHAHA
Rockcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote