Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: Green River-Crawl Fest 2005 Driver List/Results

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2005, 08:53 PM   #41
06 Super National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCALLOYS
Gee, thanks Jason.........and you're supposed to be the big fancy magazine photographer. Would prefer a picture of the truck running the course. However I do appreciate your documenting the carnage. Got a picture for you too:

Great!

Go ahead and post pics of the top secret Rock Snake!
JasonInAugusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-06-2005, 08:54 PM   #42
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonInAugusta
Great!

Go ahead and post pics of the top secret Rock Snake!

Thats even better....go ahead.
Rockcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2005, 09:09 PM   #43
RCC Addict

EXCELLENT pictures Jason! Good pic of my rig there, got me a new wallpaper for sure!

This one cracks me up

AdamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 12:14 AM   #44
Quarry Creeper

Hey everyone! Thanks for taking some great pictures!

I realized I'd left my camera on the dishwasher half way to the comp., but it looks like you guys did a better job than I would have anyway.

Jason, thanks for the wallpaper man, I really appreciate it.

Anyone got the video of me smoking the waterfall?? ahem, I mean Heavy's hill

Heavy
Heavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 04:02 AM   #45
Colt Python/SR9c

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamF
This one cracks me up

Kristi seen it and LHAO
TwistedCreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 10:49 AM   #46
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonInAugusta
Some Wallpapers for those that asked for images.

I had to photoshop legs out of these.

http://projecttwin.com/files/GR/wallpaper/AdamF.jpg

Just realized that pic shows my upper link pulled out of the ball end
AdamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2005, 03:08 PM   #47
Quarry Creeper

Heavy i have the video. I will get someone to post it. It's Great!!
Xtreme RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 02:47 AM   #48
Quarry Creeper

Thanks man,

Highmark sent me a copy.

Jesus, did my neck REALLY look that red??? I know my ears were FRIED! I've been peeling these huge chunks of burnt flesh off 'em for the last two days.

Freakin' creepy..

Heavy
Heavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2005, 08:58 AM   #49
06 Super National Champ

To everyone that competed in the GR Crawlfest, I need some information from you guys. I pulled a bit of this from pictures taken, but would like to have complete information from everyone for the results table.

Just copy/paste the stuff below and PM it to me please. This is for the mag write-up.

Board name:

First and last name:

Base Vehicle (clod/jugg/maxx):

Chassis:

Wheels:

Tires:

Motor(s):

ESC:

Servos:

Radio:

The sooner I get this, the better.

If you have info for those that aren't members of RCC, I'd much appreciate it.

Last edited by JasonInAugusta; 04-08-2005 at 10:05 AM.
Old 04-08-2005, 03:07 PM   #50
06 Super National Champ

I've got everybody's info except for:

Wes, what type of radio did he use?

David (finished 3rd) Need his vehicle info.
Old 04-08-2005, 09:51 PM   #51
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinlongisland
highmark, it would be a sad day if you eventually get out of crawling. it's been great having you as a fellow member and it would be a loss. i hope you stay in it.

putting on comps is work, especially if you get slammed with allot of competitors and your not prepared. I know how you feel highmark. I've found that if you have allot of drivers, it's allot less work if you have 3 people helping you out full time. The staff needs to know the rules and how the comp will run.

To keep the comp running smooth and get drivers through the course quickly:

Make sure whoever is up next knows it before the previous driver finishes. we tell the next driver he's next when the previous guy is starting the stage. we also determine a good point on the stage (usually half way) when the next guy can start, so there are two people on the coarse at one time.

we always make sure the courses are setup before we need them. setup just before the comp, or setup before the previous stage has been completed by all. also, we try to setup the first stage so it's fairly easy, the second stage intermediate, and the last stage difficult. this way everyone can get through the first stage and have fun and so on.

good score sheets and a way to organize them is important too! anyway, i feel your pain highmark, i know it can make you dislike the events. and sometimes crawling for fun is that, more fun than comps. but people have a tendency to make sure they make it to comps. if it's a get together, it's optional to them, and you don't get as many people. anyway, the comps are allot more fun when you have more people helping so you can take a break. take it easy man.

Quote:
Running comps is tough. I know all the bitching I've seen at comps makes me leary of running one.

I've come to the conclusion that when I or Griz and I run one this summer, I will of course listen to the griping but will try not to sway.

It seems about 5% of the people always ruin it for the rest (life in general) and people in charge tend to listen to those people because they are the loudest.

What I'm trying to say is don't let the 5% get you down cause the other 95% had a blast and really appreciate the effort!

The last Moab course people bitched that the 1st course was too tough then the organizers let the competitors lay out the 2nd course and people bitched cause it was too easy!
Thanks alot guys-means alot comming all the way from the West Coast

Okay here's what's going down with who will be organizing future GR events:

We will be forming a comitee of around 4-5 local guys (and maybe one not so local to be our link to the S.E.R.C.R.C.). Each person will be responsible for certain things such as corse design, event publicity, and checking the river levels. During the event we will have a Judge to call penalties and be the last word in discussiones pertaining to the rules and a score keeper who will keep track of this. We will rotate so that each jude/ score keeper has a break and a period at which they can run the corse.

I'm hoping this and a drivers meeting will help to fix the problems we ran into this time and make next time alot more fun.

And speaking of next time, this is very tentative at the moment but a get-together sometime in early to mid July is looking very probable at the moment

BTW-Jason get in touch with David, he should know Wes's set-up.
Highmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2005, 08:54 AM   #52
Colt Python/SR9c

as far as setting the course, would it be an option to have the drivers meeting down on the course. have everyone look at it and discuss the course from there. If the drivers see a possible place to change something, take a vote on it??

That way kinda everyone has a say-so in the competition and it will not just fall back onto the course designers. that way " everyone" is to blame..

I have heard from people in previos comps, that is the way they done it and have had very good results in it and everyone walked away happy and had a great time..

just an idea
Old 04-11-2005, 01:49 PM   #53
Colt Python/SR9c

UTRCRC Rules for Crawling Competitions: (updated 4/01/2005)

5 penalty points for touching. At anytime while attempting a section, if you touch the vehicle in any way, whether by accident or intentional you will receive a touching penalty.

5 penalty points for reverse. At anytime the vehicle moves in a reverse direction more than the vehicles wheelbase you will receive a reverse penalty. You can receive only one reverse penalty per section.

5 penalty points for rollover. A complete rollover requiring reposition. Reposition to be done where the truck lays within 1/2 your vehicles length when it comes to a full stop. You can receive only one rollover penalty per gate.

5 penalty points for reposition. (rollover reposition excluded) At anytime you may choose to have your vehicle repositioned no more than 1/2 of your vehicles length. By-pass gate penalty points will be given for a reposition through a gate.

5 penalty points for gate marker offense. A penalty will be assessed when a gate marker is touched, moved or at anytime the marker comes in contact with the driver or the truck. Upon each occurrence, the competition will be stopped and the marker will be replaced. If the marker cannot be replaced due to the vehicle placement the vehicle will be repositioned enough to replace the gate marker at no penalty. Once a gate has been cleared you cannot receive any more gate marker offense penalties.

10 point Boundary Offence. At anytime during a section if any of the vehicles wheels cross completely over a boundary you will receive a boundary offence penalty.

20 penalty points for gate by-pass. You will receive a by-pass penalty when at any time three or more of the vehicle tires have passed outside of the gate. A gate will be considered by-passed when the next gate is reached. You may choose to by-pass any gate at any time during your run. You must clear a gate or a gate by-pass penalty will be assessed. A gate is considered cleared when three wheels break the plane of the gate (determined at the wheel/axle nut of the vehicle).

40 penalty points for time violation. Each section has a set time limit. You must complete each section within that time frame or you will be assessed a time violation penalty. Time starts when the vehicle breaks the plane of the first gate. Time stops when three wheels or the vehicle breaks the plane of the finish gate of a section.

Bonus/Alternate Gates. Some sections may include bonus gates. These bonus gates award you negative bonus points against your total if you are successful in clearing these gates. No bonus will exceed –10 points per section.

DNF (Did Not Finish). At anytime during a section you may elect to withdraw from that section. At that time you will receive a DNF score of 40 points.

Point Out. The maximum point you can accrue on any section is 40 points. At the time you receive 40 points while attempting a section you have pointed out. If during your run you are to point-out, your run is complete and you must remove your vehicle from the course. A possible 40 points maximum is possible per section with the exception of the 50 point disqualification penalty.

Vehicle Breakage. If your vehicle becomes damaged, tire bead failure, electronics failure, battery change, etc. during your attempt. You may attempt to repair the vehicle where it lays, however time will not stop. You will also receive a touch penalty for this. If you cannot remedy the problem within the time limit or where it lays, you can temporarily withdrawal to make needed repairs and choose to finish your run, from the last cleared gate, at the end of the line up for 5 penalty points. If you cannot complete repairs by the time it is your turn again, or you choose to not complete the section, you will be assessed a DNF score for that section.

Vehicle adjustment, parts change or vehicle exchange. While attempting a section you may not change your vehicle in any way. You must finish a section with the same vehicle, in the same configuration, that you started that section with. You cannot swap tires or adjust the vehicles physical parameters in any way during your attempt at a section. However, you may make these adjustments in between your section attempts. You can never exchange the approved vehicle entered in the competition for another vehicle during the competition, even if your vehicle brakes beyond repair. If a violation occurs you will be assessed a 50 point disqualification penalty for that section.

Winching of any kind is not allowed at anytime. The starting order will be a random draw for the first section. All subsequent sections the first to start will be the one with the lowest score in the previous section and the second to start will be the next lowest and so on. Lowest total score wins. Tied Scores In the event of a tie score the competitor with the lowest total time on all courses will be chosen the winner over the other competitor(s) with the same score.

Classes and Crawler Specs Class 1 - Super Crawler Class: No limits on wheelbase, vehicle track width or height. No limits on tire type or size. Crawlers are limited to 4-wheeled vehicles only. No limits to steering configuration. You must run a body (full tube chassis is acceptable). Buggy bodies are not allowed. The body must be 1/10th scale or larger. The body can be cut/modified but must retain 70% of its original form, The width at the cab must be the factory width and should still resemble that original form (a jeep body should still look like a jeep, etc.). If your body does not meet these specs you will be assessed 20 penalty points for each section you attempt.

Note: Class 1 – Super Crawler courses will be designed with a 1/10, 1/8 scale RC truck in mind.

Class 2 - 2.2 Crawler Class: Wheelbase maximum is 12.5” (measured from axle to axle). Vehicle track width maximum is 12.5” (measured from the farthest outside edge of tire to farthest outside edge of opposite tire). No height limit. Crawlers are limited to 4-wheeled vehicles only. Vehicles are limited to 2-wheel steering only. Tire must be a 2.2 sized tire with a maximum height of 5.5” (Pro-Line Masher 2000 and IMEX Swamp Dawgs are 5” in height. IMEX All-T Dawgs are 5.5” in height). If your 2.2 crawler violates any of these above guidelines it must be run in the Class 1 - Super Crawler Class. You must run a body (full tube chassis is acceptable). Buggy bodies are not allowed. The body must be 1/10th scale or larger. The body can be cut/modified but must retain 70% of its original form, The width at the cab must be the factory width and should still resemble that original form (a jeep body should still look like a jeep, etc.). If your body does not meet these specs you will be assessed 20 penalty points for each section you attempt. Note: Class 2 – 2.2 Crawler courses will be designed with a 1/10th scale, 2.2 wheel size RC truck in mind.
Old 04-11-2005, 02:33 PM   #54
PapaGriz Yo

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedCreations
If the drivers see a possible place to change something, take a vote on it??

That way kinda everyone has a say-so in the competition and it will not just fall back onto the course designers. that way " everyone" is to blame..

I have heard from people in previos comps, that is the way they done it and have had very good results in it and everyone walked away happy and had a great time..

just an idea
At the UTRCRC events I have been to that did not help. There was alot of bickering and some people were still not happy.

The it took a whole summer of comps to get the UTRCRC stuff settled in, we spent alot of time after each comp talking about what could be improved, but they seem to have it werked out. I went to the last one and they found a happy medium between keeping it competitive and fun. The rules Jeremy just posted work out real well. Give it time, if you keep trying and putting on comps you guys will get it sorted out.
Grizzly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote