17.... Jeep4x4
18.... Heavy
19.... RingoStack
20.... EeePee

MAYBE's

KrawlerTJ
4XADICT
Cummins Driver

Names not on the list ...........Please Let us know!

DRIVERS REMEMBER DAYLIGHT SAVINGS BEGINS SAT @ 2:OO AM
PLEASE TURN CLOCKS AHEAD 1 HOUR

Date & Time: April-3rd 11:00 AM (for CSR), compitition will start at around 11:15
Other Information: Hotel accomidations avaiable in nearby Morgantown, food and gass are also available there. Be sure that your car can handle charging batterys because there will be no source of power, or restroms in the facility. Mostly everyone is staying at the Motel 6

RULESThis time we will run the official Rc Crawler ruleset available here:
http://www.utrcrc.com/downloads/rules.pdf

With the exception of the box rule-it's to controversial and I'm sure someone might make the drive then fail tech, that to me is not what competition is about.

We will also not inforce the stop rule for safety reasons. And we will allow repositions but only via a judge.

Also we may need 1-2 volenters for judgeing, so anyone that doesnt have a truck and is up to it is welcome to come and help out!

Location The event will take place right on the Muhlenburge/Butler county line in a town called Rochester Kentucky. This spot is mostly used for fishing so occasionaly we get a spectator but there isn't really any traffic. It does have paved and gravel parking areas and is directly off the road so a 4x4 is in no way required.

The Info for the Motel 6 is-

(270)-526-9481

Address is

1460 S Main St.
MorganTown Ky, 42261

Other Junk We may run a 2.2 class if there is enough intrest, this will be for trucks with tires 5" or under, they do not have to be scale. We would run a modified version of the ORCRC rules to allow clod trucks and winching is a possibility.

Also as I mentioned earlyer we are in need of Judge(S) I would really rather it not be someone who is competing but if it comes down to it we can do that. I'll be willing to print the score sheets and print out the rules for reference.

If anyone needs assistance with anything feel free to PM me or send me an e-mail to
Highmark
Highmark@logantele.com
(270)-934-3971
Jon

Jmeredith@logantele.com
(270)-657-2976
JB

Last edited by Fishmaxx; 04-06-2005 at 06:11 AM.
Fishmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-30-2005, 10:30 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Had a great time!
Thanks to Highmark for getting this thing off the ground, and all his hard work!

Score sheets and Results Page
Attached Images

Last edited by Fishmaxx; 04-04-2005 at 07:02 AM.
Old 04-04-2005, 07:29 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

PICTURES, and VIDEOS Coming Soon
Old 04-04-2005, 10:05 AM   #4

Thumbs up GR ruled!

thanks for the great expeirience everyone! I have a very red neck though!
RinggoStack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 05:31 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RinggoStack
thanks for the great expeirience everyone! I have a very red neck though!

Ditto!!

Was a great time!
Can't wait to do it again!
Rufies97XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 06:05 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Yup, were all official Kentucky rednecks!

My wife said I look like a lobster!
AdamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 06:54 PM   #7
CSR
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamF
Yup, were all official Kentucky rednecks!
I'm burned up too. I've got blisters popping up on my forehead.

I had a great time, we're gonna have to get together and do that again this summer. ;)
CSR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 08:04 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Bunch of Pastey A*S White Boys
Old 04-04-2005, 09:17 PM   #9
06 Super National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishmaxx
Bunch of Pastey A*S White Boys
We're all Rock Lobsters now!

I had a good time. Didn't plan on competing with the stick but I managed to break everything else...actually snapped both front axle tubes and managed to rip a lower suspenison link on Jr in (almost) half. Those Savage shocks have got to go!

I had fun, enjoyed meeting everyone. I just wish things had been a bit more organized. With as many drivers as we had, I think the courses should "flow". We shouldn't be waiting 10 minutes for a driver to either point out or break while attempting a single gate. I'm all for challenging obstacles, but that large obstacle on the first course was downright evil.

I know the rules were unclear to some so that's something that needs to be addressed...perhaps a driver's meeting would help. I know this was mentioned a time or two, why it didn't happen I don't know.

I know a couple of people have made comments about being unhappy that I won because I work for a magazine. Here's a quick bit of information...EVERYONE that works for the mag competes in RC in some form or another, whether it be touring cars, monster trucks, 1/8 scale buggies, or even rock crawling. I'm not sure why people would be upset, I mean I gave the 1st place prize to someone that wants to get into the hobby. Where's the harm in that?

I've got an hour of video to rip to the computer, about 45 min are done. I'll make a movie sometime this week. Both kids are sick and threw up multiple times in the truck today. Made for quite the ride back.

BTW, thanks to Twisted and Adam for loaning me the lathe motors. I owe you guys a beer...or maybe dessert at Lone Star!
JasonInAugusta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 09:48 PM   #10
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonInAugusta
I know a couple of people have made comments about being unhappy that I won because I work for a magazine.

That's just stupid. You winning had NOTHING to do with working for a magazine. You won because you have a truck that is setup like no other, and with that massive center clearance you can climb like no other truck can. You are also a very skilled and patient driver. Congratulations on the win.

Quote:
BTW, thanks to Twisted and Adam for loaning me the lathe motors. I owe you guys a beer...or maybe dessert at Lone Star! .
No problem, I had no use for it, and I wanted to see you compete. If you want to send it back to me, I'll PM you my address. If you want to keep it, and twisted lets you keep his, we can work out a deal. I'll pass on the dessert!
AdamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 10:12 PM   #11
I wanna be Dave

A BIG thanks goes to everyone who came out-I hope everyone had fun even with rushing 33 runs through a period of seven hours And I really wish I could have gotten around to talking and meeting with everyone, this judging stuff limmited my social time I guess! Anywho, it was great talking to everyone and seeing all of the new ideas

Also, I'd like to personaly thank John (Fishmax) for assisting me throughout the day with rules and being my voice to the drivers while scoring-it was a huge help and I couldn't have done it without him!

Another big thank-you goes to David for securing some prizes and handing them out for us.

I do owe and appology to RockCrawler, I don't think the way in which I scored him on the first corse was fair given the fact that he assumed we were running the slightly more lax SFR rules and I was judging straight off the UTRCRC rules :?

Quote:
I know a couple of people have made comments about being unhappy that I won because I work for a magazine. Here's a quick bit of information...EVERYONE that works for the mag competes in RC in some form or another, whether it be touring cars, monster trucks, 1/8 scale buggies, or even rock crawling. I'm not sure why people would be upset, I mean I gave the 1st place prize to someone that wants to get into the hobby. Where's the harm in that?
No Jason won because he drove both corses strategicly, not because he drove "Da stick" or because he works for a magazine. Juggalo made the second from last gate in the exact same way Jason did only with a CX chassie. Personally I feel it was a mixture of a very good driver, a very good truck and a understanding of the rules that won it for him. A little bit of luck helps aswell

Quote:
I know the rules were unclear to some so that's something that needs to be addressed...perhaps a driver's meeting would help. I know this was mentioned a time or two, why it didn't happen I don't know.
This is true, a drivers meeting would have made heaps of diffrence but on the same token I had people telling me in all directions before we started that we where good to start running the corse, also everyone knew what rules we where running and they were available WELL before the compitition. But it was still my fault, I had to run back to the house, get the sign in that we didnt use and come back. When I finnaly got there I assumed that John had went already did it but I should have never assumed and guess what-it didn't happen

Anywho onto my rant about the first corse.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCALLOYS
First course blew donkey nuts as some may agree but it was worth a shot. Second course was a ton 'o' fun.
Glad you like it, so did Jason's dad as he was sure to tell me how horrible it was on a number of occasions until someone finnaly told him that I was the one who laid it out

Honestly, I'm a little dissapointed in some of the people who showed up and proceded to bitch about the difficulty level. YES it was very hard, and YES nobody made it through until after the comp when Juggalo did it easily with a tire change and RockCrawler drove through it with the his weeee little TLT, but that right there should tell you that it was a feasable obstical given the right driver. I mean how can you call this a "C o m p e t i t i o n" if every obstical can be driven by every driver easily and the only determining factor of who wins is reverse and roll-over penalties?

I've heard all kinds of people whine about the cost of the Bulu and TCS Xtreme, and as the saying goes: "If you can do it better-then please STFU and do it yourself."

Same thing applies here.
Highmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 11:10 PM   #12
06 Super National Champ

John, I appreciate all the work you put into things but, as odd as it may seem, I heard you were upset that I won, and syco133 made a post saying "Unfortunately JIA won".

Not sure why it bothered you guys that I won, but the word I got was that it was because I can get entire trucks for free through the mag. If that's the case, would one of you guys please convice my wife of that so she'll not complain the next time I spend $2,000 to build a truck.

As far as the 1st course...

I don't always agree with what my dad says, but what my dad said about that first course was what everyone was saying...apparently dad was the only one you heard. It took what...4 hours to get everyone through a 125ft course?

Most of us grumbled amongst ourselves about it, but when Adam went to get his Clod from the top of the hill when it was his turn, your comment about "This is the type of stuff that'll kill us on time" got to me. Waiting for Adam to come down the hill didn't kill us, waiting for every driver to break, point out, or bypass those two gates is what killed us.

By that point people were bored, sitting around. It was taking entirely too long to run that course. It wasn't just me, it wasn't just Bill or my Dad, it was everyone that felt that way. A tire change shouldn't affect things...people ran all sorts of tires on that gate...nobody made it, and several people broke attempting it. Because a TLT can fit through the hole doesn't mean anything...none of us were competing with TLTs.

Again, you did a good job scoring and such, but I've found it to be a better scenario for everyone involved when there's a group of people laying out a course and someone to pre-run the thing to see if it's feasable. You yourself said that you had only made that spot "once, but with no body and different tires".

Since you're a local it might not be that big of a deal, but when you've got people driving 4, 5, 6, or 7 hours to run, the last thing they want to do it see a course layed out that NOBODY can make...not even the guy that laid it out and knows "the line".

Last edited by JasonInAugusta; 04-04-2005 at 11:13 PM.
Old 04-04-2005, 11:23 PM   #13
06 Super National Champ

I had a good time regardless.

pics:

http://projecttwin.com/files/GR/
Old 04-04-2005, 11:26 PM   #14
RCC Addict

I was just kidding I thought i was the only one that took shit to serious JIA.
syco133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 11:30 PM   #15
Colt Python/SR9c

Jason, I would have to say that almost everyone would agree 100% percent with ya. In all honesty, I had more fun on saturday and the time after the comp where everyone was just together and having fun. Everyone ended up in a bad mood over the first course. and started to lighten up on the 2nd one. It doesn't have to be a course so hard that everyone breaks, but yet not easy either. The 2nd course was more of a drivers course, it mattered what line you took. That is putting more on the driver to have to think where to go, instead of lining up and go full throttle.. But I still had fun and that's all that matters
TwistedCreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2005, 11:39 PM   #16
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
John, I appreciate all the work you put into things but, as odd as it may seem, I heard you were upset that I won, and syco133 made a post saying "Unfortunately JIA won".

No not in the least Jason-you and your truck where 100% through both corses. Hell I congratulate you on winning twice Also what Syco says has nothing to do with what I say, you gotta keep in mind that he is a shafty guy so I assume what he said was a joke.

Quote:
I don't always agree with what my dad says, but what my dad said about that first course was what everyone was saying...apparently dad was the only one you heard. It took what...4 hours to get everyone through a 125ft course?

Hmmm 17 drivers....four hours.....so it took everyone an average of 14.12 minutes to complete the corse, that doesnt sound THAT horrible to me.

Quote:
Most of us grumbled amongst ourselves about it, but when Adam went to get his Clod from the top of the hill when it was his turn, your comment about "This is the type of stuff that'll kill us on time" got to me. Waiting for Adam to come down the hill didn't kill us, waiting for every driver to break, point out, or bypass those two gates is what killed us.
Uh, we did mannage to get every truck that was available to run through both corses and not run out of daylight so I don't see that we were exactly "killed" at any one point in time-but true what I said was out of line.

Quote:
By that point people were bored, sitting around. It was taking entirely too long to run that course. It wasn't just me, it wasn't just Bill or my Dad, it was everyone that felt that way.
You know...I seem to remeber dwindling numbers on the second corse aswell-in fact the last ten or so drivers had virtualy no-one watching them except myself. This was a big event, and people get bored of seeing trucks going over the obsticals over and over.

Quote:
A tire change shouldn't affect things...people ran all sorts of tires on that gate...nobody made it, and several people broke attempting it. Because a TLT can fit through the hole doesn't mean anything...none of us were competing with TLTs.
Actualy Juggalo made it sevral times realitively easily after the comp, the only changes where using Giant tracs and that he tried a route that no-one except JB and David tried during the compition.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasoninAgusta
Again, you did a good job scoring and such, but I've found it to be a better scenario for everyone involved when there's a group of people laying out a course and someone to pre-run the thing to see if it's feasable. You yourself said that you had only made that spot "once, but with no body and different tires".
Thanks,

I did pre-run the corse, in fact I believe you was one of the few who watched me do it. And please keep in mind that when I did it I was driving a 90% stock twin force with "substanderd" tires. So really a person would think that a clod with a nice proformance chassie could make that gate-wait....Juggalo did!

Quote:
Since you're a local it might not be that big of a deal, but when you've got people driving 4, 5, 6, or 7 hours to run, the last thing they want to do it see a course layed out that NOBODY can make...not even the guy that laid it out and knows "the line".
I love that quote-see this is the wonder of people speaking up and making a consecutive decision. If I remeber correctly I posted twice...well maybe three times asking for help cleaning the area and setting up corses on Saterday, I got nothing so I was there for three hours on friday cleaning dead fish, garbage and marking out a corse BY-MYSELF.
Old 04-05-2005, 12:04 AM   #17
Colt Python/SR9c

its all good.....honestly, i couldn't care less... I STILL HAD A BLAST AT GR

and just want to thank everyone that came to help make it fun

would have been better if everyone coughKENNYcough would have showed up
Old 04-05-2005, 12:17 AM   #18
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedCreations
its all good.....honestly, i couldn't care less... I STILL HAD A BLAST AT GR

and just want to thank everyone that came to help make it fun

would have been better if everyone coughKENNYcough would have showed up

Me either really

I won't be planning another GR comp-or judging-or planning another corse. At the most I wouldnt mind doing some -fun- get-togethers but I want no part in another compition.

But then again, I'm slowly etching my way out of R/c anyway....
Old 04-05-2005, 12:26 AM   #19
Quarry Creeper

Well i have several things to say but not sure where to start.

First off this was my first ever comp and have only been rock crawling for about 4 months and didn't have any idea what to expect and wasen't even completely sure about all the rules.

I asked John (fishmaxx) alot of questions once the comp started to figure out the rules and points. he was extremely helpful. Thanks. I agree there should have definitely been a drivers meeting before anyone ran. Should have had the drivers meeting by the first course explaining the course and the rules and let people ask any questions they may have had before we started. And that is coming from about 8 years of racing. But live and learn. You could tell everyone wanted to get the ball rolling and get it started. So we did.

Now as far as the first course goes..... I didn't see a problem with it at all. Not sure why everyone was doing so much bitching. But like i said this was my first comp. But every gate on the first course was made except the one. I didn't think it was that hard. But hey i came in 3rd. The first six gates were pretty easy until you got to the one that noone made. But a few people still rolled coming out of the three drop offs on the first sets of gates and had problems there. But many didn't roll. Then the seven gate!!! The one nobody made. yes it was hard but i see no reason why everyone thinks it shouldn;t have been in the course. others made it after the comp and so did i. I even made it through the crack so to speak. I just happened to be in the right position and gunned it and it kicked me over. a bit of luck but i did make. Anyhow so that one was hard. BOO! HOO! The eight gate was a little tricky but taking the right line made it a very easy obstacle. then the nineth gate which only two people made i think was a little hard but it was passable. jason with the stick made it and NOT SURE but i think Juggalo with the cX chassis made it to. And then the last two gates that most everyone made. So theres the first course.

Now i admit, it did take a little long and if that one gate wasen't in there it would have went a little faster but there are going to be obstacles that people can't make. hey i thought this was suspose to be HARDCORE ROCK CRAWLERS. Anyhooo, enough with that gate.

The second course i thought was pretty easy aswell except for the damn hole. i fell in it and it screwed me. That is how Fishmaxx passed me and took second. but i am not going to bitch about it. It was tough to but it depends on the driver and the setup of your truck.

Now as far as Jason winning. he won fair and square. he didn't just blow everyone away. He drove good. and so did several others. Him being part of the mag. has nothing to do with him winning. yes the stick crawls great. But you give the stick to someone else and they may roll it everytime. I think crawling is alot more driving than alot of people realize. I see people making stupid mistakes and taking bad lines and are not smooth on the throttle. If you watch the top five guys run and see how slow, cautious, and smooth they are on the throttle you will see why they come out on top. It is just like RC racing i think. The better driver will win everytime over just some one with the top of the line vehicle.

Well i had a great time and hope that there isn't to much hard feelings between everyone. This is suspose to be fun. Some people take winning to serious. Everyone learns from there mistakes. As we keep running comps in the future we will get all the bugs worked out to where they will run more smoothly and keep people happy.

thanks again to Highmark, Fishmaxx, JIA and everyone else for making it such a great day. I enjoyed it and can't wait to come play in Alabama somewhere.
Xtreme RC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2005, 12:38 AM   #20
Colt Python/SR9c

as done mentioned.... who cares? It is a bunch of oversized kids playing with toys out on the rocks it's all about meeting new friends and having fun

so let's start planning the next one somewhere