Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: NMRCRC...are we dead in the water?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-05-2007, 06:21 PM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnaby View Post
So we can expect you to be at the meeting here in a couple week DJ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd1803 View Post
Teamwork
Tim:I will be able to make any meeting or GTG starting on the 8th of July.I'm not sure how I should go about asking if anyone could make one.Don't know if anyone would.

Todd: Thanks for the out of box view.Everything helps.
ColquittCustom405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2007, 07:20 PM   #22
I wanna be Dave

Default Mnrcrc

freetimecrawler posted above is one of the people who has made MNRCRC a big success. This is in a place that has more lakes, (10,000) corn and prairie than rock? These folks have found a great place to get together called Taylors Falls, they use the Intersate Park. This location has great rock. It also has tourism, picnicing, hiking, rock climbing, camping, boating. Their events are family outings with something for everyone.

There are an number of members, I would guess less than 10 who have shared the responsibility for the last 3 year or so of putting out the schedule, rules and seeing that it gets done. No fees no hastle. They are growing fairly rapidly. Reason why a lot of hard work. Their Mn. thread on RCCrawler.com has 34,000 + hits and most of it is these folks talking about how and when to getting some crawling done.

Check this out maybe this is common to every group but it surprised me. They have two people in wheelchairs. They even make that work with special attention to course layout and lots of help from members. I have not seen many pictures posted here of people in friggin chairs?

I think your only dead in the water if you choose to be?

Last edited by Stormin2u; 07-05-2007 at 07:25 PM.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 07:32 PM   #23
Pebble Pounder

Good deal DJ. Pete is on vacation until 7/16, so let's wait until he returns. I think 7/18 was thrown out there, if it works I have no problem offering my house to have the meeting. I don't know how centrally located it is (Harper/Ventura) but it's availble.

Glad you're getting things sorted out too.
Barnaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 08:07 PM   #24
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Good deal DJ. Pete is on vacation until 7/16, so let's wait until he returns. I think 7/18 was thrown out there, if it works I have no problem offering my house to have the meeting. I don't know how centrally located it is (Harper/Ventura) but it's availble.

Glad you're getting things sorted out too.
Awesome,sounds like a plan. I'll talk to Kyle and see if he can make it.Does your house have carpet? I'm allergic to Nylon fibers.
Old 07-05-2007, 08:23 PM   #25
Pebble Pounder

Some carpet, but mostly bamboo and tile floors. We can also meet at a restaurant if that works better.
Old 07-05-2007, 08:28 PM   #26
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Some carpet, but mostly bamboo and tile floors. We can also meet at a restaurant if that works better.
I was kidding Tim.........
Old 07-05-2007, 08:51 PM   #27
Pebble Pounder

You're a funny guy!?!?
Old 07-05-2007, 11:44 PM   #28
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColquittCustom405 View Post
You all know that crawling is in my blood and I'll never stop doing this.

...Again sorry for what has happened to the club,I will try my best to not let this happen again.
You can show your good faith, by renewing your star...

*On topic*
Teamwork, communication, democracy & GTG's!!!
That's what it takes to be a close knit group!
It can mean the difference between success (fun), & failure (not fun).
(I'm just now realizing this, btw. So I feel y'alls pain.)

With, or without DUES;
If the things mentioned earlier, are adhered to, everyone should be happy.

Last edited by raytard; 07-05-2007 at 11:47 PM. Reason: Sorry for impeding on y'alls thread
raytard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 11:36 AM   #29
Debunking old stereotypes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormin2u View Post
freetimecrawler posted above is one of the people who has made MNRCRC a big success. This is in a place that has more lakes, (10,000) corn and prairie than rock? These folks have found a great place to get together called Taylors Falls, they use the Intersate Park. This location has great rock. It also has tourism, picnicing, hiking, rock climbing, camping, boating. Their events are family outings with something for everyone.

There are an number of members, I would guess less than 10 who have shared the responsibility for the last 3 year or so of putting out the schedule, rules and seeing that it gets done. No fees no hastle. They are growing fairly rapidly. Reason why a lot of hard work. Their Mn. thread on RCCrawler.com has 34,000 + hits and most of it is these folks talking about how and when to getting some crawling done.

Check this out maybe this is common to every group but it surprised me. They have two people in wheelchairs. They even make that work with special attention to course layout and lots of help from members. I have not seen many pictures posted here of people in friggin chairs?

I think your only dead in the water if you choose to be?

Thanks Storm for this post (And sorry for the partial hi-jack) This reply is to make sure that the credit is received where credit is due.
I have to say, that there are/is plenty of others who helped get MNRCRC off the ground. I'm not going to name names here for fear of missing someone. It's definitely a group effort. I also feel that we are very fortunate to have the high interest that we have in a non mountain state with very limited comp worthy spots to crawl. Speaking from the Heart, I will say, there have been times it's been discouraging. Times when the thread seems pretty quiet, lack of voting on threads, etc. But Then I remember we have a short period of nice weather here, and people have lives and interests away from R/Cing. We're also pretty inactive here during the cold Winter months of course.

There is no One way to start and run a club. What works for One club, may not work at all for another club. A democracy seems to work well for us. Voting threads etc. I would say communication is also a big factor, as is pre-determined dates for events.We also try very hard not to discourage any newbie in any way. IMO fee's can be discouraging at the start. Some kind of Dues may be necessary at a later date for us/others. Gtg's for us are usually a spontaneous post when some of the guys are free, while a Summer comp schedule is planned at a winter meeting and set by Spring. We don't have a forum on our club website. I think in a way, thats a good thing. It keeps us all coming back here for our communication, and not spread out on Two forums. It also takes a certain amount of dedication from members, with out that, you don't have a club.
With the killer crawling spots you guys have in Nm, you guys should be anything but "dead in the water"
Hopefully a few of the ideas in this thread will help.
MNRCRC wishes NMRCRC the best of luck!!

Last edited by freetimecrawler; 07-07-2007 at 11:39 AM.
freetimecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2007, 10:13 PM   #30
Pebble Pounder

DJ, clear out your PMs. Or call me for directions to my house.

797-7239
Old 07-16-2007, 12:08 PM   #31
I wanna be Dave

DJ, what ever happened to the footage off Kyle's camera of the San Ysidro comp?
Cloak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2007, 12:12 PM   #32
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloak View Post
DJ, what ever happened to the footage off Kyle's camera of the San Ysidro comp?
I getting his camera off him Tuesday to DL the footage.We had to do some filiming for his new ch....hissss new project that he will be releasing Sept 7th @ 10pm.......
Old 07-16-2007, 12:14 PM   #33
I wanna be Dave

Tim or somebody....could you post the directions to his house? I can not access my VM to get the info.Are we still on for the meeting?
Old 07-16-2007, 08:54 PM   #34
I wanna be Dave

I need to get directions too, I'll give him a call in a few and I can call you up or PM you with the instructions.
Cloak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 04:18 PM   #35

Default Off Road -rc Show

New Mexico off road league and "Chilis"Presents

St Jude Children's Research Hospital Off Road Show
FOOD-FUN-PRIZES-JEEPS-4X4S-SANDCARS-ROCKCRAWLERS-DEMOS -RC COMP
ANYTHING OFFROAD-LIVE MUSIC-3 BANDS-DJ-OFFROAD VENDORS AND MORE
SATURDAY
SEPTEMBER 8TH
10AM-3PM
COTTONWOOD MALL CHILIS
$10 TO ENTER
ALL PROCEEDS GO TO ST.JUDES
SO SHINE UP YOUR OFF ROAD TOYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NMVJC.ORG-NMSANDRAILS.COM-BOOGERWELDS.COM -NMRCRC
HUGE VENDOR ROW!!!!!!!!!!!!
720.8859 FOR INFO
COME TO WHERE THE PAVEMENT ENDS!!!!!!!!!!!

www.stjude.org for more info about it.

100% of everything made that day will go to it.

Chili's raises money all throughout the month of September for them, and on one day 100% of our profits that day go to the charity as well

ITS TIME TO PLAY AND YOU KNOW HOW WE DO IT!!!!!!!
HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE!!!!!!!!!!
NMORL is offline   Reply With Quote