Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: 2007 R/C X-Games

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2007, 11:00 PM   #21
Pebble Pounder

what about an a rock race? that would mix it up.
Silverdirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2007, 11:01 PM   #22
Debunking old stereotypes

I'm in
freetimecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 11:28 PM   #23
Rock Crawler

how about a rock pull tie a big rock not huge or anything but good sized and see who can pull a determend distance the fastest like a truck pull but being we are rock crawlers it's fitting lol.......ps my dad has alot of foam sheets hes been trying to get rid of i'll see if he still has them if so i'll donate all of the foam i can
intimadationrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 11:29 PM   #24
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverdirt View Post
what about an a rock race? that would mix it up.

When I posted the Rock Run, that's actually more what I had in mind. Just use time as the deciding factor and not keep track of penalties.

If we have enough people interested to make this happen, we could brainstorm courses, then vote on which ones we like. I'd say probably aim for about 7 actual events? What do you guys think?
Nicklepimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 11:32 PM   #25
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by intimadationrc View Post
my dad has alot of foam sheets hes been trying to get rid of i'll see if he still has them if so i'll donate all of the foam i can

Awesome! The cheaper we can keep costs down the better. How much foam are you talking about?
Old 07-06-2007, 11:33 PM   #26
MWRCA'er

I think the scale truck thing should be completly aside the normal trucks. Have there own courses and obsticles. Bring it out enterly scale, we don't even have to crawl with the scale trucks, mud pits and tuff truck racing would be cool. So far I am agreeing with the ideas in this thread. But, I do belive the scale course has to be scale to really set the impression. Make the whole course from dirt and natural materials. I made a Top truck course in my backyard at one time. Hills are as easy has digging a hole to plop into and crawl out of. Moving dirt is much easier then rocks.

It was a long long time ago but here are some pics.

This obstacle would be cool to have in general. Show them nitro guys that nitro's don't have throttle control.
http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL72/.../220476773.jpg

Last edited by Mnster; 07-06-2007 at 11:40 PM.
Mnster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 11:40 PM   #27
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mnster View Post
I think the scale truck thing should be completly aside the normal trucks. Have there own courses and obsticles. Bring it out enterly scale, we don't even have to crawl with the scale trucks, mud pits and tuff truck racing would be cool. So far I am agreeing with the ideas in this thread. But, I do belive the scale course has to be scale to really set the impression. Make the whole course from dirt and natural materials. I made a Top truck course in my backyard at one time. Hills are as easy has digging a hole to plop into and crawl out of. Moving dirt is much easier then rocks.

It was a long long time ago but here are some pics.

This obstacle would be cool to have in general. Show them nitro guys that nitro's don't have throttle control.
http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL72/.../220476773.jpg
Yeah, this would be completely seperate from the actual comp. We do need to host a comp for the 2.2 and Super rigs since we did schedule the X-Games as part of our season. We would make an actual rock course for them. But the tuff truck would be it's own seperate event just for the scalers.

B.T.W. Sweet pics.^^^ That looks like it was a blast.
Old 07-06-2007, 11:45 PM   #28
MWRCA'er

Yeah the foam courses would be the way to go for the comp rigs. It's the only way I can see making the course challenging enough with the limited setup time we have.
Old 07-07-2007, 12:14 AM   #29
Web Wheeling

With how chaotic last years event was, and how much work we have to do just to get a crawling course done... I say we just focus on the comp stuff this year, we can play with the scalers on the course between comp runs.

Time is short, and this event is going to come up fast. If we are serious about building a portable course, then lets focus on that first. My idea with the course is with 3x3 sections is that we can support them along a 2x4 frame structure, changing the angles of each section and adjusting the terrain as needed. For the scalers we can lower the angles of the sections.
Etype R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 12:17 AM   #30
Rock Crawler

last i seen tons of foam sheets i'll call in morning
you know asap the better
intimadationrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 12:39 AM   #31
MWRCA'er

I also agree with mike, when it comes down to it this is a comp. Outsiders are mainly interested in vehicle capability rather then scale looks. I don't know how much time you guys had last year at the event. But, it seems like crawling in the corner of the building would get old after a while if your there all day.

The 3x3 idea is cool and I like it. But, who has the tools to pull them off? Maybe, a few of you guys will have to get together.
Old 07-07-2007, 12:48 AM   #32
Web Wheeling

I'll see how the half inch steel frames go, maybe I can supply them to others that want to help. We can easily zip tie the sections together, and everyone can store a few.
Old 07-07-2007, 06:52 AM   #33

Default rc X- games

Hi guy what is rong with last years that didnt cost much at all It was just the price of gas me and troy did all of the hauling!! I know it wasnt the best track but think troy and I did a bang up job for never crawling befor that would be me. we also still have some busted up concrete form last year still their. I still can get rocks for this year from the same farmer I just think we need more man power and to bild a better and bigger corse. the thought of bilding a 30x30 corse would be a bit of $$$$ and since we all dont have a money tree I would say that is out of the ? one other thing I would like to add if we bild a corse out of fome and chicken wire who is going to store it rember 30x30 even if it's in 3x3 sections that is a ton of room. I think crawling on rocks would be more fun than fome, chicken wire and bed liner also more true to the sport thanks for your time have a great weekend
john vevea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 07:47 AM   #34
I wanna be Dave

Default Rc X Games

Hey Guys,

Not a good date on the calender for us we have a traditional family obligation that occurs every year on that date. :-( No it's a good thing family must always come first.

I love your energy.

Stormin'
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 08:12 AM   #35
Web Wheeling

John, that is a good backup plan if we can do that again. But it does take more time around the event. We have discussed having a portable course before, and this is a good excuse to get it done. If we don't feel we have enough sections, we can use the landscaping rock along with the portable course. And we didn't have that large of a course last year, but it was still a lot of fun. I think the sections were around 3 feet wide, and a U shape.

With the portable setup, it would not be a solid block, they would be tied together, shaping the course. Maybe not a U shape, could be a S shape.

Also like I said before, I would like to see a handful of our members offer to build 2 or 3 sections, and bring them with for the course. Think of it as your own testing rock that you can use any time of the year, inside or outside. Heck even if 4 or 5 people want to make just one section, they should fit in the back of a car, truck or backseat. They do not need to be 2 feet tall, as we can angle them up or down, even off camber.

Lets say I bring 3 sections, troy brings 2, and Kevin brings 2, thats 21 feet of course, 3 feet wide. And lets say 5 more people build 1 section, that would bring us to 36 feet of track, I think thats a pretty good sized track. And at the end of the day, or even after each course we could break it all down and shuffle it around for a entire new course. And when the event comes to a end, cleanup will be much faster.
Old 07-07-2007, 09:21 AM   #36
RCC Addict

if you are looking for a rock crawling course that is mobile you should get in touch with RCP(rockpiledriver) and see about them being involved with your event, their course has been around the country for the RCX type events before, just a thought....oh yeah the course is killer fun to drive
halfcab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 10:20 AM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by halfcab View Post
if you are looking for a rock crawling course that is mobile you should get in touch with RCP(rockpiledriver) and see about them being involved with your event, their course has been around the country for the RCX type events before, just a thought....oh yeah the course is killer fun to drive

Thanks for the idea. I was in Chicago last Fall (I-Hobby show)and crawled on the old RCP course. However, Brian said it cost $5k to ship it to Chicago. I pretty much figured that would be out of the question at that shipping cost.
I may have to just float the idea by Brian or John though, just to get an official "it's too costly"
Old 07-07-2007, 10:37 AM   #38
RCC Addict

Just a few thoughts and comments.

1. 3x3 sections. Just remember, they will all have to be the same height on the outsides. I have a section I tried building that was 5x3 and coating it with plaster. Didn't turn out at all how I wanted it to.

2. There is a planned gate fee for each day. Just a heads up on that end.

3. For any out of staters, you can PM me. I live about 6 miles away and have a 2 bedroom house with a full basement if people want to stay here.

4. I may bee announcing the racing, so not sure if I will be crawling or not.

5. Lastly, and I know this may be a sore spot, but we can NOT have a situation like we had last year. I know we are all into crawling, but RACERS have the priority on frequencies. The RC X-Games is based on racing with other things added for variety. I just don't want the crawlers to get a bad rap because of another situation. I know a lot of racers already are a little mad becuase of what happened last year. Just a heads up.

6. I think a scale Tough Truck Challenge would be great. I would we ould get some sponsors for it. Simple things like tug o war, little trail runs, etc. I don't think it would take more than a couple of hours for 1 person to build. I would say 3 people and 1 hour would do it. I think it would be great spectator draw and probably worth a magazine shot or 2.

Thanks,
Casey
wrightcs77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 01:35 PM   #39

#2 Gate fees, I believe apply only to spectators. If you pay to participate the gate fees are covered by entry fees.
And as mentioned in our schedule, there is an entry fee for this comp. But there is also Gold,Silver,Bronze metals for top 3 finishers in each class.
As far as the freq issue. Mike issued everyone freq tags. Had that racer remembered to hang his, it never would of been an issue. The crawlers getting a bad rap from that is B.S. IMO And One reason I wouldn't be interested in racing. Some people are just too temperamental and like to blame others for their mistakes. I hope this issue isn't going to carry over to this years X-Games. Remember, theres Two sides to the story, have you heard both?

Last edited by freetimecrawler; 07-07-2007 at 01:49 PM.
Old 07-07-2007, 02:39 PM   #40
Quarry Creeper

How much is the entry fee gonna be?
fast5xc is offline   Reply With Quote