Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: 2007 R/C X-Games

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2007, 06:20 PM   #81
Debunking old stereotypes

Get as many as you can. We'll make time to carve them up soon.
freetimecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-20-2007, 07:53 PM   #82
Rock Crawler

ok i was just wondering because there were no pm's or responses thanks troy
intimadationrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 08:01 PM   #83
Winner of the '07 RCC dumbass award!

Damnit!!! I left MN to rock crawl!!!

Now they bring the rock to MN!?!!

Bastages!

That potato thing looks fun!

I may have to plan a trip back home!!

I remember when I lived in MN, People thought I was crazy having a rock crawler. Guess I should have just waited a few years.
WheelChair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 09:15 PM   #84
RCC Addict

You were just ahead of your time.

Where about did you live in MN?
Nicklepimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2007, 11:30 PM   #85
Pebble Pounder

for the top truck challenge is there any way we can wok in the scale race? for those of you who didn't see the thread i was saying we should have scale trucks with many scale acc.'s attached. have a time race through either an obstical course or just a twisty turny road. for every item u lose, seconds knocked off.. if you lose all of them you DNF auto. likes/dislikes about it?
joehein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2007, 01:10 AM   #86
MWRCA'er

Ok not being a 100% in the MN club I don't feel I can't set the rules but here is some suggestions for the top truck scale event, please criticize, I want you to.

Vehicle rules
2.2 and 1.9 Scale Truck Class
(* The goal of these class's is to have a scale looking rig.)
• Vehicle must have a frame-railed chassis. Tubed frame rails are ok.
• Vehicle wheelbase needs to fit within the fender walls of the body.
• Vehicle track width is a maximum 11 inches.
• Vehicle battery must be mounted on the chassis. You cannot mount the battery above the steering servo/axle/upper links. The goal is to place the battery where it is not visible for a more scale appearance.
• Limited to 2.2 inch wheels or smaller, no tires larger than the Mashers/Moabs allowed. Cut and sectioned tires are allowed as long as they fit the 1.9 or 2.2 wheel.
• Vehicle must run a full approved body. Fenders may be cut, but it must resemble a 1:1 rig you'd see on the street or trail. "Iffy" Vehicles must be approved by the other MNRCRC members.
• 2 wheel steering only

As for scoring

Repositions are a +10 points as usual, However, you will get a additional +5 touch if you don't use a winch or tow strap.

Rollovers are scored as normal, but you can use your winch or tow buddy to right yourself at no penalty.

You get a -5 points for using your vehicle to tow someone else's out of a stuck.(bump, tow strap or winch) A tow vehicle will be paired with the lead truck at the start of the day. After the lead vehicle completes the course the roles are reversed and the tow vehicle becomes the lead vehicle. During the run the tow vehicle isn't under any rules.

Scale appearance points will be given out after every run of your truck on the course.

Hard body -5......................................Working lights -1
Spare tire -1 (must be functional).........Working winch -1
Tow strap -1.....................................Interior detail -1
Roof rack -5.

Scale accessories -1 per item (gas cans, fake jacks, whatever is item scale)

Loading up your truck with extras will help your score.

Top truck Events

Gated trail: Your standard rock comp event, normal comp scoring rules apply. I figure maybe we can make the comp course easier?

Hill Climb: If we have a hill we will do the event timed by the stop watch. Maybe someone bring a folding table?

Time trial: A timed event composing multiple terrains, the course must have 3 terrains, rock, hill climbs, and a high speed dirt road section. Fastest time wins .

Mud pit: A timed event consisting of a thick mud straightaway. 3 minute time limit. The vehicle must start at the starting line with no help from a tow vehicle. Only after the vehicle has crossed the start gate maybe recovery gear come into play.

We can add gates to any of the above events.

Please let me know what you think, any input?
Mnster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2007, 11:48 PM   #87
Rock Crawler

well jerimy(probeater) stopped in to day we cut the 17 blocks into different forms and we can shape from there with hands then spray them
intimadationrc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 01:12 PM   #88
RCC Addict

I'll get back to you soon with my thoughts on rules. I'm taking everyone's input, and mixing them together.

I did want to mention the courses though. I think it'd be easier if we just made the courses and rules in such a fasion that we could just use time as the scoring. Trying to combine points with time would be rather confusing. If we do decide to have penalties of some sort, it should be a time penalty instead of points. That way we can just add the set penalty to the actual time.
Nicklepimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 01:42 PM   #89
Web Wheeling

at this point, with just over a month to go... I say we nix the top truck challenge, as a official part of our deal this year. I think we really need to do a pre run with the challenges before the event, which we do not have time for. Heck, I have not even had time yet to try making a 3x3 crawling section.....

The weekend I was going to go to the steel yard to pick up some 1/2" square stock for the frames, I had to buy a new stereo for my truck instead... Someone stole my faceplate the night before I was planning on buying the steel. So my weekend plans changed. Since then I have not had the time, maybe this weekend? We will have to see.

I hate to sound negative, but at the same time I do not want to tell Mike Fisk that we can do more then we can handle. On top of the time deal with making the course challenges, I would want to build a truck just for such a event. I will not spend $10 to enter my FJ40.

I think we need to focus more on a man made portable crawling course for this years X-games. And if we have time, make some top truck challenge add ons for the course, that we can place on the portable course. I could see making one of the 3x3' sections a bowl, that could be filled with muddy water for the scale trucks after the crawling comp is finished.
Etype R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 03:34 PM   #90
Quarry Creeper

OK guys , we got the foams all cut , they still need to be mounted on a sheet of ? then rounded/trimmed , and yet spraylined

Chris , when ya pick'n up some more blocks , let me know so i can come play mn chainsaw foamblock massacre:twist ed:
pro beater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 03:47 PM   #91
Web Wheeling

If the foam is strong enough, just drill holes through them, string the blocks together in what ever order you want with rope. Its best to keep everything easy to store, and move around
Old 07-25-2007, 04:00 PM   #92
Web Wheeling

Fishtank forum thread with some links on coating foam rock ;)

http://frogs.org.au/community/viewto...a899e90150dc45
Old 07-25-2007, 11:12 PM   #93
MWRCA'er

I hate saying this guys but, my brother and I are not going to make it. Now that we are signed up for moab it just doesn't make sense. It would take 6 hours to drive that far north only to have to turn around drive 6 back. Then 2days later drive 19 hours west, its just to long to be in the car in one week. If we break something up there, there is a minimal chance we can get replacement parts in time for moab. Also the cost issue, so yeah were out. I'd like to hang out with you guys up there but as you can see it's just not worth the cost / risk involved.

Looks like I'm going to moab along with
Mnsterbro
Brushlessnut
Jerrys r/c

wish us luck
Mnster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 07:41 PM   #94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Etype R View Post
Fishtank forum thread with some links on coating foam rock ;)

http://frogs.org.au/community/viewto...a899e90150dc45
Mike you really hang on some weird forums:-P
zx9crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2007, 08:09 PM   #95
Debunking old stereotypes

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx9crazy View Post
Mike you really hang on some weird forums:-P

Hangout?? Heck, he's probably a mod there
freetimecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 09:44 PM   #96
RCC Addict

sorry guys looks like im out too...same deal as mnster :-( have fun..
brushlessnut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 02:46 PM   #97
I wanna be Dave

Troy / zx9crazy

Did you guys take a look at Mike's fish tank forum? They are using Quick Crete as a finish coating and mixing in I assume concrete coloring looks pretty good.

The fish tank folks did a good job creating rocks that are kinda realistic. But just think what a bunch of rock experts like you guys could do.

Storm'

I know nobody likes a smart ***
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 07:37 AM   #98

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormin2u View Post
Troy / zx9crazy

Did you guys take a look at Mike's fish tank forum? They are using Quick Crete as a finish coating and mixing in I assume concrete coloring looks pretty good.

The fish tank folks did a good job creating rocks that are kinda realistic. But just think what a bunch of rock experts like you guys could do.

Storm'

I know nobody likes a smart ***
yep I did and you actually have to be a smart a$$ before you can join our club so welcome aboard
zx9crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 11:30 AM   #99
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx9crazy View Post
yep I did and you actually have to be a smart a$$ before you can join our club so welcome aboard
Hey zx9crazy,

Thanks for the welcome

I'm going to make myself comfortable, I was a little concerned about the smart a$$ thing but now you've got me on right track.

Stormin'
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2007, 01:55 PM   #100
Quarry Creeper

joke'em if they cant take a F***

we give everyone crap , if it is too serious just take a breather and find another hobby that you can take way too seriously

i love how relaxed it is with this club
pro beater is offline   Reply With Quote