Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: 2007 R/C X-Games

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2007, 01:03 AM   #101

Hey Crawlers,

Sorry it took me awhile to post on here, just been way too busy lately! Sure is great to see how pumped you guys are for the X games, I have been busting my a$$ for this years event as well. I will be running a radio add again this year on 93X the week leading up to the event and I received a call from the morning show and they want me to come down and talk about the X Games and do a demo for them on the show!! sweet!! So we are setup to go down to the studio on Friday aug 31st and be on the show sometime around 8:00 A.M. I hope you guys can put together the Tough Truck Competition, along with the crawling, I think that would be great and give you another days worth of comps to do on sunday. I read that you were thinking of doing a mud bog as part of the competition, my thought was to have you guys race that portion of the comp saturday night in our spud run. The spud run is getting really popular and draws a HUGE crowd! Just a idea for you, Troy had a blast last year! Eitherway would be fine with me, I am ordering my trophies next week, so I do need to know what events I need to get them for. Also Monday or Tuesday night I will be making the rounds to hang up event Flyers at all the local hobby stores, I would like to post one of yours with the one of ours. Great job everyone and look forward to seeing you again, its only a month away!!!! AAAAAHHHHH !!!
FHF Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2007, 09:04 AM   #102
Quarry Creeper

hey Mr. F , i might show up down at the station , i work like 3 blocks from there , i should be able to bring a crawler or 2 if need be , let me know

and if ya need to know how to get there w/o 35W let me know
pro beater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 09:38 PM   #103

Hey Pro,
I have no idea how to get down there without the bridge! I have flyers now posted at all the local hobby stores. I ordered the awards for the event, I ordered 2 classes worth for the rock crawling, if you need more or would like to add the tough truck competition I need to know by the end of this week. 3 weeks away!!
Old 08-10-2007, 02:49 PM   #104
RCC Addict

Fisk, I think the 2 classes will be fine for this year. We may be able to do an exhibition with the scalers, but we may have to wait til next year for an actual Tuff Truck competition. I don't we'd have enough people to make it worth while this year.
Nicklepimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2007, 10:22 AM   #105
RCC Addict

Exclamation We Need Help!!!

MN Guys, we have only 19 days left until the X-Games. We currently have enough foam blocks to complete (1) 4'x9' sheet of plywood. Intimidation is working on getting more blocks this week. However, we still need to carve the blocks we have and mount them. We are off to a good start, but we currently have only about a quarter of the blocks on the first sheet carved. We need to finish the blocks we have, then we still need to coat them. We need to get together a few times before the end of Aug to finish this. The more people that help, the faster it will go. Anyone available this week?
Nicklepimp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 06:04 PM   #106
Pebble Pounder

What do I need to know about camping there. I would be there either Friday and Saterday or just Saterday. I might have a camper or I might use a tent I don't know yet.
speedsport22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 11:09 PM   #107
Debunking old stereotypes

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsport22 View Post
What do I need to know about camping there. I would be there either Friday and Saterday or just Saterday. I might have a camper or I might use a tent I don't know yet.

Camping is something like $24.00 a night w/elect hookups and showers.
freetimecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 11:15 PM   #108
RCC Addict

I may be available sometime this week and next week is open. PM sent with phone number to call me at.

Thanks,
Casey
wrightcs77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2007, 05:29 PM   #109
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by freetimecrawler View Post
Camping is something like $24.00 a night w/elect hookups and showers.
Who do I contact?
speedsport22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 09:10 PM   #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedsport22 View Post
Who do I contact?

Isanti County Fair Grounds.
Old 08-23-2007, 09:58 PM   #111
Web Wheeling

new scaler is in the works for the games... I'll have a spektrum radio in it as well.

Etype R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2007, 10:25 PM   #112

Looks good Mike!! I hope you're going to waterproof it?
I'm still planning on doing some scale top truck challenges.
I'll be up there all weekend, I can only crawl so much.
Old 08-24-2007, 01:18 AM   #113

Camping at the X Games is $18.00 a night with water and electric hook ups. There is LOTS of camping spots at the fairgrounds, but the ones with water hook ups close to the track will fill up fast, but for just electric there will be lots of space reasonably close that you will be able to get power. The $18.00 a night is also what the charge even if you are tenting it. The plan was to get in there this saturday and start setting up, but somebody screwed up and scheduled a horse event this weekend!! Not really happy about that, but nothing we can do about it. Sunday afternoon when they finish up I will be moving stuff in and I plan on getting started. Sunday evening you guys are welcome to start dropping off stuff if you need to. The barns will still be full of stalls, but they will be clearing them out on monday. If you have any other questions, shoot me a call on my cel. at 612-267-1664. I won't be on the internet much after this weekend!

Mike
Old 08-24-2007, 11:39 AM   #114
Quarry Creeper

Default Donations?

OK troy and myself , did a little search'n , troy found 4'x8' x5" thick sheets of styrofoam for 36.00 troy is buy'n a sheet of plywood and a seet or 2 of the foam , i founs the roll on bedliner for 30.00 a gallon at Fleet farm , anyone wanna pitch in for a foam sheet or a gal of bedliner? bring your wallets to the comp on sunday , we might actually have a course to run at the x-games

we probably need 3-4 gallons of bedliner, and 4-6 more sheets of foam and 3-4 sheets or thin plywood
Old 08-24-2007, 11:52 AM   #115
Web Wheeling

Did the blocks not work out? I did finally pick up a 24' length of 1/2 tubing, which is enough to make two 3x3 sections. But I doubt I will have to time to build anything yet. I have some trucks to finish, and betweek that and work I don't have much time. But if I do find the time to start on these, I will cut a 3x3' jig at work, to hold these in place when I weld them.

But buying the steel at disount steel is a far better deal then the hardware store. It was 9.18 for a 24' stick of the 1/2" square tubing, hardware stores charge that same price for 4 feet. I still have to pickup a roll of chicken wire to form the rough shape, then some fiberglass to cover everything.
Old 08-27-2007, 03:10 PM   #116
Quarry Creeper

discount steel ROCKS , yea the last shipment of foam blocks chris was supposed to recieve got shipped back , that and it seems like noone really wants to help , i DID although find out that we might be able to get the foam course coated for close to free , we'll have to pick up some silica sand , it is Asphault seal coat , Water based , chris gave me a sample chunk of foam and i had it dipped , just wait'n to get out to Cannon Falls this week sometime to see how durable it is how well it adheared, and how good it looks
Old 08-27-2007, 03:16 PM   #117
Web Wheeling

Its hard for me to help with how busy I have been recently, and working till 5pm every day. You guys are on the wrong side of the city for me....
Old 08-27-2007, 07:36 PM   #118
Web Wheeling

Ok we need some input from you guys here... We are going to see about getting some rock like we had last year, on top of the foam course. This is a backup plan, and if the foam course does come together, we will just have more space to crawl with both.

Its looking like the turnout for the event is going to be low. And Troy, Kevin, and I have broken supers right now, which really kills the number of supers we might have for the games. From looking at our field of supers this year, the only other supers that might be there are speedsports, Johns, and Gumbys. That leaves us with 6 supers at best, if we can get our junk fixed. We might only end up with 2 or 3 supers?

We did talk about just pulling this from the season points, as over half of the trucks will not be there. So is anyone against that? Ideas, opinions? We really dropped the ball on this one.

The other thing we talked about, was doing a tuff truck competition with trials type challenges, using the scale trucks, we would also allow comp rigs that have a scale look in this event. Now we talked about doing this for the second trophy over supers, either way we will still probably have a play area for the scale rigs. But if we end up having more scale trucks then supers, we might want to switch this up.

I am sure we have 3 trophys, it might look bad if we only show up with 2 supers...
Old 08-27-2007, 08:32 PM   #119
Quarry Creeper

IMO I think since there is not gonna be a lot of trucks competing in either class that this should not be a scheduled comp. It should just be like a gtg sort of deal.
fast5xc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2007, 08:58 PM   #120
tjb
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast5xc View Post
IMO I think since there is not gonna be a lot of trucks competing in either class that this should not be a scheduled comp. It should just be like a gtg sort of deal.

Was kind of feeling same way, but figured would see if it came up before I stepped on anyone that's been around longer......
tjb is offline   Reply With Quote