Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > Competitions

Notices

Thread: Colorado Team Trials

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2005, 08:50 PM   #41
Quarry Creeper

the solid really doesn't offer that much more performance over IRS. i've owned both a toaureg and a hummer and they're both about the same, stock at least, but that's how we're running them anyway.

i'm bidding on a S-10, got a TQ3 and ordered the TCS switch, now i just gotta make a winch and throw in a mag mayhem.

what are the gearing options for the S-10, aren't there only 2 pinions? like a 20t and an 18t?, that sucks.

this is gonna be a ton of fun
Vitamin_J is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-25-2005, 08:57 PM   #42
R.I.P. Chip

You can run a few different pinions, they come with a 17, but you can do a 16, or a few higher too.

The gear setting isn't adjustable, it's indexed for each number of pinion.

I bought a 16 tooth 48 pitch pinion at hobby town, but it wouldn't fit, these have the metric 48 pitch.
jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 09:08 PM   #43
Quarry Creeper

can the mount be modified to allow smaller pinions?
Old 04-25-2005, 09:21 PM   #44
Rock Crawler

you guys are dicks now I have to go and get one of these things! But It should be fun!
bastard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 09:24 PM   #45
R.I.P. Chip

Quote:
Originally Posted by bastard
you guys are dicks now I have to go and get one of these things! But It should be fun!
Get on it!
Old 04-25-2005, 10:13 PM   #46
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason
They say you must run the stock tires and wheels, unmoddified. I know you said yours were smaller, but what if they are a better compound and they work better, ect.
So I should run some bald touring car tires with mercedes benz wheels? See how stock ain't gonna work for me? You said you might have an extra set, but if you don't and I decide to do this, I won't be spending any money, and if these rock hard spikes do better than the tires you guys are bringing, I would be surprised.
Plays_with_Toys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2005, 10:19 PM   #47
R.I.P. Chip

Come on man you have to understand why we have the rule like they are. I know yours didn't come with the BFG's, but they were stock on some cars that used the same chassis as you have.

Like I said if we allow you to run those tires, whats to keep everyone else from wanting to try something else. The whole point of this class is to be low budget using the stock tires helps it stay low budget.

I know in your case you'd have to spend money on tires, but that's your fault for buying the wrong car to begin with.
Old 04-25-2005, 10:25 PM   #48
I wanna be Dave

I understand the rules. If I compete, I'll compete for fun then and you won't have to include me in any results.

I think you're still bitter about losing with a stick that had moabs to a older chassis with old mashers on it I would be too I understand the rules and all. I'll see what I come up with.
Old 04-25-2005, 11:05 PM   #49
RCC Addict

Quote:
S-10 and F150 are the same, touareg has a solid rear axle, same as pajero, but I am pretty sure the pajero has been discontinued.

So it's up to you do you want ifs and irs, or ifs and solid? I couldn't see spending the extra $40 to have a solid rear.
I guess I would like to buy something that will hold up in stock form the best and from what I saw the touareg looks the strongest built!! :?
Sparky J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 12:31 AM   #50
PapaGriz Yo

Quote:
Hey Griz do you know which one fits better the 190mm or the 200mm body? I looked at those the other day and thought they may work.
OK, I did some measuring but I caint find my camera so no pics.
The Hummer has an 11" wb. I dont know if the F150 or S10 are shorter or the same.
The Proline ridez Hummer body is about a 10.25" wb so it dont fit the TA02 Hummer Chassis very well. But with some trimming it might look ok. I am 99.9% sure I have the 200mm body, suppesedly the difference is in width anyway.

The stock Clod body fits well, and a body for a Traxxas Stampede looks to fit well too. So that means the Proline Hummer SUT for the Traxxas Stampede should fit.

They are all well built Sparky so any one of them will be durable. One thing to note is that the Hummer uses a ball rear diff so it is a little more difficult to lock it . But since you know a machinist it is not hard to pin the two halves together. Andy and I have wheeled the Pajero and Hummer together and they seem to be pretty evenly matched, the winch is the great equalizer anyway.

Last edited by Grizzly4x4; 04-26-2005 at 12:34 AM.
Grizzly4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 12:36 AM   #51
I wanna be Dave

The mangler body from radio shack fits the pajeros I saw on RCMT. Its a oldschool bronco body like the HPI.
Old 04-26-2005, 01:13 AM   #52
I wanna be Dave

Heyyyyy what about this one?

http://img40.echo.cx/img40/884/IMG_554.jpg
http://img40.echo.cx/img40/4544/IMG_0558.jpg

Not that I'd ever drive that anywhere.... That's the same as the F-150's though right?
Old 04-26-2005, 08:19 AM   #53
R.I.P. Chip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plays_with_Toys
I think you're still bitter about losing with a stick that had moabs to a older chassis with old mashers on it I would be too
Yea, you got me there. Not like I didn't just mow over a few stupid cones trying to learn how to drive it.

Ohh yeah, where did you finish with your top of the line scale chassis, as compared to the other scale rigs?
Old 04-26-2005, 09:52 AM   #54
Rock Crawler

Jason this might of been asked already but can we make our own bumpers and maby a roof rack to hold the ramps and tow straps?
bigred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 10:05 AM   #55
I wanna be Dave

Here's a list of what I want to modify or buyfor the "SPEC CLASS"

Home made bumpers
A roof rack
Jumbo Kongs
Longer wheel base
rear locker
front Limited slip
GI Joe Willys body
GI Joe doll driver
Rear spoiler
better shocks
GD600
ground effects
winch
roll cage
trailor with a hot tub
bead locks

Wait! Oh yeah! It's a ****IN SPEC CLASS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!
DirkDigler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 11:16 AM   #56
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Yea, you got me there. Not like I didn't just mow over a few stupid cones trying to learn how to drive it.

Ohh yeah, where did you finish with your top of the line scale chassis, as compared to the other scale rigs?

Cool the jets jason, I was just kidding around there. I only made the comment cuz you said you didn't want the utah boys finding some discontinued masher like they did for the last comp.
Old 04-26-2005, 12:15 PM   #57
Quarry Creeper

Why don't we just say that the only tires allowed are those from the Hummer kit or the BFGs from the Xb/Xc kits.

also i'd say that roof racks would be fine. the idea is that we're driving a bunch of scale trucks (and these are scale trucks, not scale comp crawlers like the 2.2 guys, meaning something you'd buy at a dealership). its supposed to be fun, challenging, and scale. honestly, this isnt anything people need to get all riled up about.

PWT, you can scrape together the $15 for a new set of tires and rims for your truck. hell i find more than that in change going through my car and house.

and how would you go about locking a ball diff?

Last edited by Vitamin_J; 04-26-2005 at 12:22 PM.
Old 04-26-2005, 12:42 PM   #58
I wanna be Dave

Vitamin J, I literally have $3 in my checking account, so no, I don't have $15. I'll see what I have to do. Can you even buy these tires new?

To lock a ball diff, stick traxxas slipper pegs in the holes for the balls or you could use dremel cut off wheels placed over the faces of where the balls go for non permanent solutions. Otherwise just remove the balls/grease and JB weld.
Old 04-26-2005, 03:47 PM   #59
Diggin' the new SCX10 II!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WannaBeDigler
Here's a list of what I want to modify or buyfor the "SPEC CLASS"

trailor with a hot tub
Don't try and steal my ideas man! And yes the barbies will be naked!
badger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2005, 04:08 PM   #60
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by badger
Don't try and steal my ideas man! And yes the barbies will be naked!

All I can do is steal.

PS. Did everyone see Plays With Boys' web site?
Now I know where he got his nickname.
DirkDigler is offline   Reply With Quote