RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Connecticut (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/connecticut/)
-   -   Danbury area crawlers (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/connecticut/246339-danbury-area-crawlers.html)

cliffdawg 04-26-2010 06:04 AM

Danbury area crawlers

Hello all,

Recently I have talked to 3 or 4 guys from the Danbury area that in to crawling. I am writting this to not start a club, but just have a general forum to talk to each other. I know that ECRC has comps near us and starting a club would be redundant, so I just want to write that we have an active forum post where we can post on a common thread about crawling in our area. Please chime in with a post to back me up. I think if we can develop a following of crawlers in our area we could also get some or the ECRC guys to head out our way for GTG's (not saying they wouldn't)

Ultimately I would like to see this thread be a:

1.) Meet and greet post for area crawlers
2.) Activities, when your going crawling (if you want some company, Instead of crawling by your lonesome:cry:
3.) Great places to crawl in our area
4.) Show off your Danbury area crawling rig
5.) Schedule a gathering, maybe in conjunction with ECRC

I would like to see people get active as we get into a nice spring season and into the summer and fall, I think there is enough interest in our area to need a common ground for western CT folks.

Thanks,
Ryan

Captain Midnight 04-26-2010 07:41 AM

Danbury Crawler

I live in Danbury, in the Arlington Woods condos off of Shelter Rock.
I'm up for crawling in Danbury/Bethel area.
I have an MRC and a Creeper, No pics of my crawlers yet.

I work Mon thru Fri but I could do an evening or two and Saturday after 10:00

KK

hasbeen 04-26-2010 12:14 PM

I live in Bethel and I'm up for crawling (or any other RC activity) most weekends and evenings. I have a MRC and several other larger crawlers as well. My son and I often go to Huntington State park in Bethel/Redding to crawl or use our scalers. I would be interested in knowing where others crawl in this area.

Thanks,

Steve

cliffdawg 04-26-2010 12:41 PM

Well guys thats a start, I am starting to think I need am MRC too! hahah. Well I think we could put something together for us Danbury area guys maybe at Huntington state park? Let me know what you all think.

Ryan

crawlinghulls 04-26-2010 03:00 PM

Hey all - ECRC will be at Southford Falls State Park this coming Sunday (5/2) for a Scale comp. We should be there by 9:00am to set up - Comp starts at 10:30. I live in Norwich but would gladly travel for gtg. Hopefully, you guys can make it. -Curt

cliffdawg 04-26-2010 03:21 PM

Any of those people at the scale comp bring 2.2 rigs to fool around with after the comp?

Ryan

crawlinghulls 04-27-2010 03:07 AM

Ryan I'll let people know - we usually have a few guys that will bring 2.2

Robbob 04-27-2010 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cliffdawg (Post 2426539)
Any of those people at the scale comp bring 2.2 rigs to fool around with after the comp?

Ryan

I always bring mine to toy around and practice "thumbsup"

MattH 04-27-2010 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Midnight (Post 2425937)
I live in Danbury, in the Arlington Woods condos off of Shelter Rock.
I'm up for crawling in Danbury/Bethel area.
I have an MRC and a Creeper, No pics of my crawlers yet.

I work Mon thru Fri but I could do an evening or two and Saturday after 10:00

KK

Small world. I used to live in a condo in Arlington Woods. Nice place.

MattH 04-27-2010 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crawlinghulls (Post 2426508)
Hey all - ECRC will be at Southford Falls State Park this coming Sunday (5/2) for a Scale comp. We should be there by 9:00am to set up - Comp starts at 10:30. I live in Norwich but would gladly travel for gtg. Hopefully, you guys can make it. -Curt

I might be down with that scale comp.

cliffdawg 04-28-2010 04:39 AM

NICE, I think I would go to the scale comp as long as a few guys where gonna play around after the comp with some 2.2's! Any of you guys gone over the boarder into ny state to check out any of the spots out there? I hear GAliMods maybe has an indoor course?

Later,
Ryan

MattH 04-28-2010 05:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cliffdawg (Post 2429247)
NICE, I think I would go to the scale comp as long as a few guys where gonna play around after the comp with some 2.2's! Any of you guys gone over the boarder into ny state to check out any of the spots out there? I hear GAliMods maybe has an indoor course?

Later,
Ryan

I imagine Gallimods is about 1/2 hour from you, but Pin Shop in Oakville, CT (above Waterbury) has a nice indoor crawling course. They have expanded on it since the first time I went there and it was a lot of fun for a 2.2.

cliffdawg 04-28-2010 12:49 PM

cool, thanks Matt.

MattH 04-28-2010 02:23 PM

I'll also bring my 2.2 on Sunday.

cliffdawg 04-28-2010 08:37 PM

I hope to make it, I may have to talk with my brother to see if we can switch days off. We will have to see. If I dont make it, take lots of pictures.

Ryan

Captain Midnight 04-29-2010 09:46 AM

Hi Matt, Im bummed that I never bumped into you.
New Milford isnt that far away though so hopefully we can all get together.
Whats Gallimods?

I wont be able to make the Sunday scale comp, but good luck to all who attend and yeah take pics.

MattH 04-29-2010 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Midnight (Post 2431011)
Hi Matt, Im bummed that I never bumped into you.
New Milford isnt that far away though so hopefully we can all get together.
Whats Gallimods?

I wont be able to make the Sunday scale comp, but good luck to all who attend and yeah take pics.

We'll get a bunch of us together in Danbury soon I'm sure.

I also have GTGs at my house. We BBQ, crawl on my rock garden and jump some bashers off my big wood ramp. It is always a great time.

Gallimods is a hobby shop in NY.

cliffdawg 04-30-2010 04:53 AM

Nice Matt!! That sounds like fun.

Ryan

cliffdawg 05-01-2010 06:11 AM

Anyone down for some crawling this afternoon? I dont think I will be able to make it tommorow, :-( but I gotta get my fix today!

Ryan

MattH 05-01-2010 09:41 PM

Don't know when I'll be able to get there tomorrow. Hope I can get some crawling in.