Norwich CT
Tech: 8:30-9:45
Schedule: course 1 for scale begins at 10:15
Followed by: 2.2 course 1 & course 2 11:30
Scale course 2 & course 3 2:00
2.2 final (3:15)- awards to follow
$5.00 entry fee
Free Parking/Elec.

Last edited by crawlinghulls; 03-09-2013 at 05:28 AM.
crawlinghulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-07-2013, 12:19 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: ECRCC 5th annual Spring Fling

I'm in as long as I'm not on call. I'm gonna have to dust off all my crawler stuff though. I can bring my 1/5 scale to Kurt if u need ur yard rototiled!
ebomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:29 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

here are the scale rules/guidelines - I'm sure we can make room for all to run!

2012 ECRCC Scale Rules - General Rig Guidelines/Specifications

1: Four Wheel Steering

1.1: Four wheel steering is not allowed. All vehicles must have 1 servo dedicated to its steering axle (only exception is 1.1a). Servo must be mounted on axle or frame.
1.1a: Multi axel vehicles may have a maximum of 2 steerable axles. Axles must be inline with each other.

1.2: Steering axle can be either front or rear

1.3: Opposing axle/axles must be locked out

2: DIG

2.1: Dig is not allowed. Dig is defined as ability to Lock any axle from spinning, moving, rolling or rotating.

2.2: Freewheeling of an axle is allowed. Freewheeling is defined as the ability to disengage one axle from power. Simulating 2wd in a 4wd vehicle.

2.3: Freewheel is only allowed on the steering axle

3: Body

3.1: Body must be used. Body to be 1/14th scale or greater and retain 80% of its original form (judges decision is final). Drivers may provide photos of the 1:1 rig that is being replicated.

3.2: In the event of a metal or plastic tubed back half - 80% of the Cab must remain (so you could remove the doors and that would be it) and the tubed bed area must be big enough to lay a full size spare flat (same size as the rig runs).

3.3: In the event of a flatbed the flatbed must extend over some part of the tires (width). The bed area must be large enough to hold a full size spare tire flat (same size as the rig runs).

3.4: In the event of a 1:1 being replicated driver can show picture to verify design. Vehicle must retain at least 80% of original 1:1 (judges discretion)

4: Bumpers

4.1: Bumpers must be present.

4.1a: In the event of a 1:1 being replicated driver can show picture to verify style or absence of them. Vehicle must retain at least 80% of original 1:1 (judges discretion)

4.2: Bumpers must be distinguishable from other tube or frame work.

4.3: Can be mounted either separately or welded/brazed on

4.4: Bumpers must be wider then vehicle frame rails/tubes

4.5: Lexan bodies with bumpers molded in must be painted to distinguish them.

5: WHEELBASE

5.1: Wheelbase is determined by the body’s fender wells. Tires must be centered within fender wells, +/- 1/4 inch.

5.2: Tubed back half or flatbed the center line of the axle may not protrude beyond the end of the tubing or flatbed.

5.3: Any box stock Tamiya kit will be allowed to run in Scale. This is being added due to the fact that some box stock kits do not fall within ECRCC's original rules. It should also be noted that the judges decision will be final.

5.4: In the event of a 1:1 being replicated driver can show picture to verify style or absence of them. Vehicle must retain at least 80% of original 1:1 (judges discretion)

6: TIRES

6.1: Tires may not extend beyond the front and rear bumpers.

6.2: Max tire inner diameter 2.2 inches

6.3: Max tire outer/height diameter 4.75 inches

6.3a: Tire diameter measurements are taken from manufacturer specs.
6.3b: When manufacturer specs are not available tire diameter measurements are taken from a no load condition. (vehicle is suspended or tire is off vehicle)

6.4: Cut n Shut tires are allowed. Tires must fall with in existing rules.

6.4a: No competition treads will be allowed. If unsure then ask before you glue.

6.5: Tamiya kit tires and wheels will be allowed due to them being available in kits.

7: Banned Tires/Treads

7.1: All comp style 2.2 tires and treads.

7.2: All comp style 1.9 tires and treads.

7.3: No tracks.

7.3: Judges discretion is final.

8: CHASSIS

8.1: Chassis must consist of two frame rails (comprised of a right and left side).

8.2: Overall frame length must be at least 3 inches longer than the wheelbase of the rig.

8.3: In the event of a 1:1 being replicated driver can show picture to verify style/design. Vehicle must retain at least 80% of original 1:1 (judges discretion). Tube frames/buggy style would fall under this ruling.

9: MOTOR/TRANSMISSION/AXLE

9.1: Vehicle is powered by an electric motor(s) that are powered by single speed control.

9.2: A single central transmission or divorced transfer case will be used to power vehicle axles.

9.3: NO MOA's - MOA is defined as individual motors powering each axle separately.

9.4: Vehicles will not be limited to number of axles. Multi-axle vehicles (MOGs and such) allowed.

10: BATTERY
10.1: Must be mounted on/in chassis. Battery may not be placed on axle.

11: WINCHING

11.1: +1 penalty for winching - Winching begins when the driver declares winching and unhooks the winch line. Winching ends when the winch line is respooled and reattached to the winching vehicle.

11.1a: Forward progress by vehicle under its own power or driver input declares end of winching. Any further winching will result in separate +1 penalty point. See examples:

Example A:
Someone unspools ...... hooks something on the ground .... winches up ....... unhooks the winch......unspools again....hooks a new location on the ground..... winches up again ........ +1 penalty, no forward movement/progress was made in between winch points.

Example B:
Someone unspools ...... hooks something on the ground .... winches up ....... unhooks the winch......DRIVES THEIR RIG 1-2 INCHES..... unspools again....hooks a new location on the ground..... winches up again ........ +1 penalty, FORWARD movement/progress was made in between winch points.

12: COURSE/GATES

12.1: Gates will be 12'' minimum distance apart measured inside to inside.

12.2: (Clearing a Gate) Progress is rewarded when all wheels of vehicle have clearly pasted beyond the gate/markers.

12.3: A time limit will be placed on each course set by course designers.
12.3a: Time will tracked and used in-case of ties. Driver with quickest time breaks the tie for that position.

12.4: Progress reward -2 points for each gate cleared

13: PENALTIES/SCORING

13.1: +1 point given for each reverse
13.1a: Reverse is defined as any time all the wheels rotate in a backwards direction whether intentional, driver input or vehicle roll backs.

13.2: +5 point given for roll over touches.
13.2a: All roll over touches will be performed by rolling the truck to all 4wheels from its side. Drivers must keep 2 tires in contact with the ground while performing.
13.2b: Driver may only touch/roll rig from its side. No Flip/Roll/Grabbing roll overs from front, rear or axles of vehicles. Any doing so will result in a +10 point penalty and reposition to last gate cleared.
13.2c: Vehicle must remain stable after roll over with no course alterations, spotter input or driver input. Unable to do so will result in +10 point penalty and reposition back to last gate.

13.3: +10 point given for repositions. Repositions will stop clock, judge will place rig back at last cleared gate, judge will confirm driver ready and tell to start, time will resume.

13.4: +10 point give for vehicle touches.
13.4a: Vehicle touch is defined as any contact between the driver or drivers spotter and vehicle whether intentional or accident.
13.4b: Winching will not be penalized for touches.

13.5: +10 point given for vehicles falling out of spec during run. Clock will stop and driver be given chance to fix/repair vehicle. Once cleared to return the vehicle will be placed at last cleared gate.
13.5a: Out of spec is defined as but not limited to vehicle breakage, parts falling off required with in the rules or vehicle changes putting it outside required rules.

13.6: +60 point given for point out/DNF.
13.6a: Any driver unable to complete the course in allotted time limit will be given a +60 score. Progress will then be subtracted for final course score.
13.6b: Any driver unable to finish the course due to maxing penalty points out before course time limit will be given +60 score. Progress will then be subtracted for final course score.

13.7: +80 point given for each course not started.
13.7a: Course start line must be crossed for course to be officially started and scored.
13.7b: Scale bonus points will not be rewarded for Did Not Starts (DNS).

13.8: Course Scores are calculated from subtracting total number progress rewards from total course penalties.
13.8a: Course wins are determined by individual course scores. Each course win is +2 points and rewarded to the driver with best score per course. (scale bonus points do not factor in)
13.8b: Final Day Scores are calculated from course scores + scale bonus points rewarded.
13.8c: Series Scores are tallied from final day scores. Each position is scored on a falling points system.

EX:
1st = 200 - 2nd = 190 - 3rd = 180 - 4th = 170 - each position equals 10points less all the way down to 0

2012 ECRCC SCALE BONUS POINTS (-30 MAX)

BODY:
ABS/Hardbody/Styrene Cab = -5 points

ABS/Hardbody/Styrene Cab + Full bed = -8 points (Bed must retain at least 50% of floor or original shape. Hard body cabs like Hummers, Expeditions, Blazers, Suburbans, things of that SUV style need to have a complete rear interior/cargo area for them to get the 8pnts. Judges discretion.

Tube work rear bed/back half (must be equal to or greater then 50% of the vehicle) = -5 points

Roll cage - must mount in 4 locations ... 2 forward of the driver/front seats and 2 rearward of a rear seat = -5 points

Sliders - (must extend past bottom of body edge)
Plastic = -3 points
Metal = -5 points

Tube Doors = -2 points (each)

Frame Mount Servo = -4 points

Bumpers - (both front and rear must match material to receive bonus points)
Plastic = -3 points
Metal = -5 points

Interior -
2 Complete Seats + Dash/steering wheel + 2 Drivers (knees to head) = 10
1 Complete Seats + Dash/steering wheel + 1 Drivers (knees to head) = 8
2 Complete Seats + Dash/steering wheel + No driver = 5

Leaf Spring Suspension -3 (one axle, both axles -6)

Working Winch = -3 points

Full Size Spare = -6 (must be functional and match )

Metal Roof Rack - Minimum size of 4'' x 4'', must be attached to body separately = -4 points

Metal Axles = -5 points (both axles must be metal)

Headlights/Tail lights - must both be functional and on = -2 points
Aux/Additional lights - must be functional and on .... minimum of 4 = -2 points

Other Items - Max 15 out of the total of 30 points
-1 each
Fire extinguisher, magazine, beer can, cooler, tow rope, canoe, kayak, tool box, wrenches, rifle, shotgun, NOS canister, seat beats, wipers (2) etc... To be determined by tech inspector.
Old 03-09-2013, 08:47 PM   #4
Quarry Creeper

Oh man, gonna have to get the rust and dust off my rigs and learn how to drive again for this!
bryco13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 05:16 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Well we're less than two weeks away. MAny small changes to Rock Island in the past two weeks - should make things more interesting for everyone.

Please post up if you will be making the trip.

Would love to make this the biggest Spring Fling yet. Bring any rc you want, If we have the interest and people willing to work, we can run any class people want.
Old 04-03-2013, 05:48 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

I'll be there!
Bukwylde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 05:58 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

I,ll be there about 10:30
stankulas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 10:17 PM   #8
Quarry Creeper

I am really hoping to make this, not sure yet as my band's playing in New York the night before and probably won't make home till 4am.

If I do come, I am sure my buddy Phil will come. He's been driving my jeep MOA "scale" rig and loving it.
RICrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2013, 04:15 AM   #9
Quarry Creeper

So unfortunately there is too many factors working against me coming to this, really would like to be there. Hopefully I'll make the next one!
Old 04-11-2013, 03:01 AM   #10
Rock Crawler

Hope everyone can make it down - Sunday is looking like a great day!!
Old 04-12-2013, 07:01 AM   #11
Quarry Creeper

So psyched, im keeping the dust on my rigs just to defend my $h!tful driving!
eli, bringin any goodies to pawn off at this one?
Old 04-12-2013, 01:19 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

There's been some interest in running a 2.2 shafty class so if you want to run one bring your rigs!!
Old 04-12-2013, 06:27 PM   #13
Quarry Creeper

cool i'll bring shafty i'll be there just before 1100 am
stankulas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2013, 06:38 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

NY show cancelled, may be there after all!
Old 04-12-2013, 10:51 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

C'mon bob!
Old 04-13-2013, 09:33 PM   #16
Quarry Creeper

I'll be there tomorrow with my buddy Phil, see ya in the morning!

ECRCC 5th annual Spring Fling - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
ECRCC SPRING FLING April 10th crawlinghulls Connecticut 13 04-13-2011 05:02 PM
ECRCC 2.2 Spring Fling crawlinghulls Connecticut 2 04-13-2010 02:29 AM
2009 ECRCC "Spring Fling" crawlinghulls Connecticut 12 03-25-2009 02:48 PM
1st Annual ECRC Spring Fling: 2.2 and Scale Comp crawlinghulls Connecticut 6 04-12-2008 04:36 AM
1st Annual ECRC Spring Fling: 2.2 and Scale Comp crawlinghulls Competitions 0 04-03-2008 10:20 AM