LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-19-2010, 01:21 PM   #361
Hateraide

cant wait to receiver my foams should be here any day now
Code454 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-22-2010, 12:09 PM   #362
RCC Addict

sure could use a a set of 1.9 duel foams?
chicostaxxs007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 12:16 PM   #363
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicostaxxs007 View Post
sure could use a a set of 1.9 duel foams?

He has has these for a while now http://crawlerinnovations.com/index....=products&id=1
helhedded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 10:28 AM   #364
RCC Addict

just order my dual foams cant wait to try them on my swapers.
chicostaxxs007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2010, 03:46 PM   #365
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicostaxxs007 View Post
just order my dual foams cant wait to try them on my swapers.
I just installed a set in my 1.9 swampers . So far I love this tire/foam comb .
Badd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 06:05 PM   #366
Rock Crawler

Just got my Rovers/Sedonas with DD foams. I can't wait to get them together. Thanks for the fast shipping and great products.

-Trent
dstrbd1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2010, 09:31 PM   #367
Pebble Pounder

Hi! I am dead set on ordering some of these awesome foams, but was just curious from looking at the site, is weight mostly a factor when deciding on whether to use the 5.0", or 5.25", or 5.5" dual foams for 2.2's ?

i have two set ups running HB rovers whites on one and the other HPI rock grabbers both with the stock foams and i'm trying to decide which of the three would be best to use for a sort of middle ground between driving styles and different crawling surfaces, or would it really depend on these as well, like will the standard 5.5 be best if i want an all around set up?

ALSO,

I was going to pick up a set of the dual foams for 1.9's, I have an SCX10 where the front wheels are off set and pointing inwards and the whole front side leans way hard when turning, there's way less traction now and am getting less out of my steering, and the tires are folding seriously bad, making roll overs in off-camber turning situations really frequent...

http://i876.photobucket.com/albums/a.../Photo2939.jpg
http://i876.photobucket.com/albums/a.../Photo2932.jpg
http://i876.photobucket.com/albums/a.../Photo2933.jpg
http://i876.photobucket.com/albums/a.../Photo2938.jpg
http://i876.photobucket.com/albums/a.../Photo2937.jpg

My first thought was to replace the foams inside, i think they are memory foams which is why they seem way too soft and i think have gotten wet inside, i tried drying them out and also rotating the tires, but that didn't really do anything, bought the rig used but it wasn't this bad when i first got it, so I was thinking, would the dual stage 1.9's help solve this??? are the tires themselves just worn out? I will have to figure out how to correct that offset too so (as in photo2939), that's really bugging me but am not sure what else i can do for that...any suggestions on that part as well is greatly appreciated...!

Last edited by inebriatedmarmoset; 11-18-2010 at 11:44 PM.
inebriatedmarmoset is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 08:32 AM   #368
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by inebriatedmarmoset View Post
I was going to pick up a set of the dual foams for 1.9's, I have an SCX10 where the front wheels are off set and pointing inwards and the whole front side leans way hard when turning, there's way less traction now and am getting less out of my steering, and the tires are folding seriously bad, making roll overs in off-camber turning situations really frequent...
It is hard to tell from the pictures, but it looks like you have too much negative caster on that front axle. Is the servo plate parallel to the ground? If it is at an angle leaning toward the front, then when you turn, the tires will do exactly as you describe, push downward into the ground.

To fix this issue, you can shorten your upper links or mount them further back on the chassis....
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 08:38 AM   #369
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by inebriatedmarmoset View Post
Hi! I am dead set on ordering some of these awesome foams.....
The size of foam depends on what size tire you are putting them in 5" tall tire = 5" tall foam

Rovers should get a 5.5"

This is my opinion , but the most versatile Tire/foam combo that I have seen to this day has been the Rover white with 5.5" CI foam.

And like Jeremy said.... Your pinion angle is way too high on your front axle. Shorten or relocate your front upper links. There is another option which will help the matter, and that is the Axial clockable C Hubs. They give you the option of clocking your c hubs back by offering two sets of mounting holes. They will allow for you to run more of a pinion angle and still have your C hubs at a better angle http://www.tcscrawlers.com/Axial-Rac...5-p-17308.html

Last edited by helhedded; 11-19-2010 at 08:42 AM.
helhedded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 11:11 AM   #370
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by helhedded View Post
Rovers should get a 5.5"
Awesome, thanks, will pick up a 5.5" for my Rovers

And what would be best for the rock grabbers? I know they're listed as 5.5" too but they seem slightly taller (and wider?) than the rovers....so would the 5.5"'s work too?? or would the difference not be noticible?

was looking at the comparison from this thread Request: Side by Side Pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
It is hard to tell from the pictures, but it looks like you have too much negative caster on that front axle. Is the servo plate parallel to the ground? If it is at an angle leaning toward the front, then when you turn, the tires will do exactly as you describe, push downward into the ground.
Quote:
And like Jeremy said.... Your pinion angle is way too high on your front axle. Shorten or relocate your front upper links.
Quote:
There is another option which will help the matter, and that is the Axial clockable C Hubs.
Thanks guys! yeah, actually, i think my servo might be leaning forward a bit, i'll double check that and see if i can either shorten or mount my links further back, and will definitely pick up the clockable C's, thanks helhedded!

will defintely get the 5.5"s for my rovers, and if i can get a 2nd opinion on the grabbers, ill be gettin a set for those too. will probalby get a set of the 1.9's for my scx10 anyway, since these foams are gettin such high acclaim

Last edited by inebriatedmarmoset; 11-19-2010 at 11:15 AM.
Old 11-22-2010, 07:35 PM   #371
Pebble Pounder

Default payment sent!

just sent pm! couldn't wait for an answer ha ...for two sets of the 1.9 dual stage lil nova's and one set of 5.5" for the hpi rock grabbers w/ a 2.125" width for the inner foam, the compound is still a little stiff, hoping that the extra room will give it some flex on the rocks...will get another set for the rovers later, will try to get some feedback after testing...

Last edited by inebriatedmarmoset; 11-22-2010 at 07:40 PM.
Old 12-14-2010, 11:09 PM   #372
RCC Addict

just received my 1.9 dual stage foams... can't wait to get them installed. thanks for the fast shipment.
4RunnerKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 08:15 AM   #373

Just ordered some tires and foams. Can't wait for em'. Need to build the rig they're going on first though
CGuava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 03:48 PM   #374

That was quick, thanks for the great service Eddie!
CGuava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 02:48 PM   #375
RCC Addict

Just got foams today, nice! I'm running 2.2 Rovers on 1.6" wide beadlocks and the foams are 5.5 x 2.25. My question is: should I trim the width down or just stuff it all in? Thanks in advance .
TrailDawg362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 03:01 PM   #376
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailDawg362 View Post
Just got foams today, nice! I'm running 2.2 Rovers on 1.6" wide beadlocks and the foams are 5.5 x 2.25. My question is: should I trim the width down or just stuff it all in? Thanks in advance .
A 1.6 wide bead lock is pretty wide. 1" is more common and I think they work better with the Rover tire. How much does your crawler weigh?

Since the bead lock is so wide, it might be best to stuff the entire foam in the tire and mount it. On a 1" bead lock with a Rover tire, I prefer a 2" wide inner foam on a truck weighing 6 pounds.

It's always best to test and tune. Some people have the time to do it and some don't. Thank you for your business and let me know if I can help you.
- Eddie
Nova's Ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 03:15 PM   #377
RCC Addict

The rig is in progress, so estimate on weight. I'll try them untrimmed and go from there. Thanks for the quick response!
TrailDawg362 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2010, 01:22 PM   #378
RCC Addict

Got my medium outers for my 5.5 DD & my med single stage 1.9 & the few extra tuning foams you threw in.

Thanks again for the fast shipping & awesome products
jimbiss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 11:22 AM   #379
Wanna get? Gotta want.

What would you suggest for a 1.9 wheel that is .500 wide? Running Chisels but will probably end up with Rovers soon enough. Edit: That is for the front. A suggestion for .750 wide wheels with the same tire setup would be great too.

FYI your new website has price discrepancies on the 1.9 foams. Shows one price on the main page and then changes when you go to the pull down menu.

Last edited by Erik D_lux; 01-02-2011 at 11:27 AM.
Erik D_lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 12:01 PM   #380
I wanna be Dave

Eric the 1.9 foams are extra wide, that way you can try them full width or narrow them for narrower wheels or lighter weight rigs.
4xFord is offline   Reply With Quote