Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Crawler Innovations

Notices

Thread: Original Design (2009) - 2.2 and 1.9 dual stage foams

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2009, 10:21 AM   #81
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by kasper View Post
got mine the other day for the 2010 berg build what kind of glue did you use to glue them together
What color is your glue joint?

If it is white, it was a foam specific aerosol / spray adhesive. All V1 and V2 foams used this glue and it is not being used anymore. I have had two reports about that glue failing at the glue joint.

If it is yellow, that is the new glue. It is a brush on, foam specific glue and suppose to be stronger. Since it is brush on, I can coat the very edges of each foam to insure a better joint. I could not do that with the aerosol / spray glue. This new glue, along with new V3 inner foam, is why the cost was increased on the foams. The glue and inner foam is more expensive and better quality. Priority Shipping is also now standard on all orders. It's faster shipping and provides the boxes used for the product. Every foam is hand glued by me, as well as shipped and packaged by me. It works out good because I can be the quality control person as well .

If anybody has a quality issue or failure, please contact me immediately. I want to make sure the foams are top quality and I am working hard to insure they are. Failures and problems need to be reported to me. I am also eager to hear / read your comments or questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by G-crawler View Post
Ok i see, i dont think i would like that lil gap between the tire and foam, let me know if you make a taller 1.9 foam and im all in! Thx!
Not a problem. I will make something up just for the 4.5 tires. Thank you for your interest.
Nova's Ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-09-2009, 07:04 AM   #82
Rock Crawler

After installing your Super Class dual stage foams yesterday, I just had to get a set of these to try for the Berg too!
Payment sent.
BigBlackCummins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 08:21 PM   #83
Quarry Creeper

Edward

paypal sent for set of 2.2's

thanks TH.
samaruki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2009, 08:39 PM   #84
RCC Addict

I grabbed up a set of Nova's 2.2 foams today from HobbyTown in Concord CA.

I really liked how they felt so I spent about an hour mid comp putting them into my rovers and ran them on the last 2 courses. Didn't even bother testing them first lol.

I really like them so far. They did great. I still drove like crap but the foams were doing well. Big improvement over the stock rover foams. I've prevously run Panther F400's in my rovers and I liked the firmness but wanted the contact area to squish down more. I then tried stock rover foams but felt they were too soft.

Nova's foams seem to be a really great combination of firm and soft. I also really like that the firm center ring is bigger than the proline 2 stage foams.
BigB_117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 05:43 PM   #85
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigB_117 View Post
I grabbed up a set of Nova's 2.2 foams today from HobbyTown in Concord CA.

He has these in stores on the West Coast??? Wow

Email sent
RC Shocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 05:35 AM   #86
I wanna be Dave

I can't say enought about these Foams. I switched these foams 1/2 way through Crawlaplooza and snagged a -4 on the first course with them. Great foams and a New great vendor..

Thanks Nova
run2jeepn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 06:04 AM   #87
I wanna be Dave

Payment sent for a set of 2.2's.

Carey
EvilTwin v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 07:37 AM   #88
RCC Addict

I have been really impressed with these foams as well. I ran them at Crawlapalooza this past weekend and they worked very well.
CRSMacgyver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 07:37 AM   #89
I wanna be Dave

Well I now have 2 comp rigs (6.7lb berg for me and my old ?lb shafty for my gf), 2 sets of leaopards, and 2 sets of V3 foams. Both rigs are pretty heavy so I'm gonna run the same wheel/tire combo and I will report back with the results as soon as we get some testing in
helhedded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 09:41 AM   #90
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Thank you for all the kind words and input guys.

Two of the top five drivers in 2.2 at Crawlapalooza were running these foams. GateKeeper and Rockcrawler both ran these foams. GateKeeper ran these in Hot Bodies Sedonas on VP wheels and Rockcrawler ran them in Hot Bodies Rovers on VP wheels.
Nova's Ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 01:37 PM   #91
"HOLLYWOOD"

Just wanna say thanks to Nova for the sale and bringing some foams to the comp at Crawlapalooza was really worried about my foam setup going up there and in my rush forgot my extra foams and Nova was there to save the day thanks again. They worked great for me on my 2.2 thanks again.

Great Product to have!!!!!
Mini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 05:12 PM   #92
Rock Crawler

Payment has been sent.

Thanks Edward
RC Shocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 05:33 PM   #93
I wanna be Dave

I ran these at Crawlapalooza too. I placed 32nd with them. This was my first major comp and I have only been crawling for 10 months.
Really good foams. Glad I switched to them the night before. They worked great on the rocks and 50 degree weather. No extra fancy side support foams or crazy cuts. I just narrowed the front inner foam by 5/8" (Eddies suggestion) for the Panther Leopards.
Szczerba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 06:48 PM   #94
Rock Stacker

you've got a pm! want these in a bad way!
T.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 07:24 PM   #95
Rock Crawler

I hope these will solve my front rovers not liking to side hill on my SLW .7 wheels.
ManiacMagoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 07:41 PM   #96
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova's Ark View Post

Two of the top five drivers in 2.2 at Crawlapalooza were running these foams. GateKeeper and Rockcrawler both ran these foams. GateKeeper ran these in Hot Bodies Sedonas on VP wheels and Rockcrawler ran them in Hot Bodies Rovers on VP wheels.

I dont know what else to say besides these foams work GREAT! They have enough support from the inner foam to keep the tire from compressing too much on the inclines but yet the outer foam still lets the tires wad up when your trying to get up a ledge. I will have a set of these in all my tires. The best part was that the temp dropped about 20 to 30 degrees from home but the foams never changed.

This is exactly what I have been wanting, a setup that I can run weather its 90 degrees outside or 20 degrees. I want something that is consistent, and I finally found them.

Thank you Eddie for a great foam, I am sure your going to be a busy man.

I will get your paypal to you as soon as I get the cash in paypal.
Rockcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 06:26 AM   #97
On the lookout for Rocks

Eddie, Paypal sent for some a set of 2.2s

Thanks
constantmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 07:16 AM   #98
Quarry Creeper

Picked up a set of foams from nova at crawlapaloosa and they are working great in my rovers.like rockcrawler said I have been looking for a year around foam that works and these foams are just that I will also be ordering more of the 2.2 foams and also trying the 1.9 foams as well. Great job nova keep up the good work!
TRACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 09:00 AM   #99
I wanna be Dave

Eddie, what's the reason for running the inner rears at 5/8"s less and the inner fronts 1/4" less than stock in the Leopards? I mean... I know why they are trimmed, but why the width difference between the front and back?

Also, I'm gonna run these uncut in stock axial rims w/leaopards on the shafty this weekend. We plan on getting out on Sunday... I've been pretty busy lately and with daylight savings coming to an end with an 8-5 job, it's tough getting time on the rocks.
helhedded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2009, 09:29 AM   #100
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by helhedded View Post
Eddie, what's the reason for running the inner rears at 5/8"s less and the inner fronts 1/4" less than stock in the Leopards? I mean... I know why they are trimmed, but why the width difference between the front and back?

Also, I'm gonna run these uncut in stock axial rims w/leaopards on the shafty this weekend. We plan on getting out on Sunday... I've been pretty busy lately and with daylight savings coming to an end with an 8-5 job, it's tough getting time on the rocks.
Leopards have a thicker sidewall is the reason to trim the inner foams. That's what Eddie told me. I guess it makes them a bit too stiff at regular width.
He can probably elborate more.
I just trimmed the fronts for Crawlapalooza. I wanted the rears to be a bit stiff that day.
Szczerba is offline   Reply With Quote