Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Crawler Innovations

Notices

Thread: USRCCA Class 1 - Super Class - Cut N Shut Tire Catalog

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2010, 08:58 AM   #1
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Default USRCCA Class 1 - Super Class - Cut N Shut Tire Catalog

Here is a compilation of the Cut N Shut custom tires Crawler Innovations has made for the USRCCA Class 1 - Super Class RC Rock Crawlers.

- Crawler Innovations Plow-Grinder -
The combining of Panther Plowboys and Panther Meat Grinders
These tires are first enlarged and then narrowed. Pin tires have good traction to a point. Once you wad up a pin tire, the small lugs fold over and let go. They don't hold and pull like a big lug. A big lug won't grab small traction like a pin tire will though. So now in one tire, you have the best of both worlds.

Here they are pictured on a 115mm XTM Thorn rim:

Here they are pictured on a 3.8" or 40 series Vanquish Products rim:

Last edited by Nova's Ark; 08-18-2011 at 03:05 PM. Reason: Updating Photos
Nova's Ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-29-2010, 09:03 AM   #2
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Default 8.5" Rover Moab XL

I was asked by a customer to make these tires for his Super. It takes seven Hot Bodies Rovers and Four Pro-Line Moab XL's to make this set of four. The tires are 8.5" tall and the biggest Rovers I have made.

The Super Nova Dual Stage foams are from the design several of the Team C.I. drivers came up with. The inner foam is thicker and I have several different outer foams depending on the tire height. The outer foam pictured is 9.25" tall and is the biggest I am currently CNC cutting.

As usual, the tires are all butt jointed with no over laps. It seemingly took forever to make these. Anyways, on to the pictures:

Last edited by Nova's Ark; 08-18-2011 at 03:05 PM. Reason: Updating Catalog
Old 12-29-2010, 09:05 AM   #3
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Default 7.5" Sedona Moab XL

JOYSTICK contacted me about making some custom tires for him. After a brief discussion with him, this is what I came up with. It is a Pro-Line G8 Moab XL side wall with Hot Bodies Sedona tire face tread. This tire has no overlapping joints. It was cut and butt jointed together. The end result is a tire that is esthetically pleasing with no wrinkles. It took four Pro-Line G8 Moab XL's and six Hot Bodies Sedona's.

The tire finishes out at 7.5 inches tall off crawler. Mounted on a crawler it's about 7 inches tall with a set of Super Nova Dual Stage foams inside them.

The Sedona tread pattern matches perfectly around the tire.

Here is the XL Sedona tire pictured with the Super Nova dual stage foams for enlarged and modified 2.2 tires. These foams will fit both 3.8" and 115mm wheels. JOYSTICK has a custom set of Vanquish Products 40 series wheels he will be using these tires and foams on. Crawler Innovations is now a dealer for Vanquish Products as well.

Here is a picture of the inside joints and construction of the tire.

I have come to the conclusion that the biggest a 2.2 side wall can be easily enlarged to is 3.2 with no wrinkles. I tried many attempts to make a 2.2 Hot Bodies Sedona to fit a 3.8 / 40 series Pro-Line Tech 5 wheel and they all looked liked crap. Three sections, four sections, angled cuts nothing worked to my liking. This set of tires is for RPMJ and although he was OK with the looks of a three sectioned enlarged Sedona, I was not. So since it's my name going out the door, I ultimately built the tires pictured below for him. It's the only way the tires have no wrinkles and are truly round.

Last edited by Nova's Ark; 08-18-2011 at 03:06 PM. Reason: Updating catalog
Old 12-29-2010, 09:08 AM   #4
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Default 8" Panther Plowboy

I had a fellow RCC forum member send me these CEN wheels so I could custom make him a set of soft compound Plowboys for the CEN wheels along with a custom single stage Super Nova Foam. They are 23mm hex and the biggest wheel I had ever seen used on a Super. I think they look so cool that I had to take some pictures and share with the RCC community. I am considering making a set of these for my own super because this large size would be a huge help for diff clearance on a Clod Super. On to the pictures:

CEN wheel on the left, Pro Line 40 series bead lock wheel center, 3.2 Maxx wheel on right:

CEN custom Plowboy on left, HPI Blast custom Plowboy center, stock plowboy right:

CEN wheel with custom Plowboy and single stage Super Nova Foam, 8 inches tall:

Last edited by Nova's Ark; 08-18-2011 at 02:58 PM. Reason: Updating Catalog
Old 12-29-2010, 09:11 AM   #5
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Default 8" Sedona Moab XL

I was asked by a fellow forum member to make these tires for his Super. It takes six Hot Bodies Sedonas and Four Pro-Line Moab XL's to make this set of four. The Dual Stage foams are a new Super Size dual stage foams several of the Team C.I. drivers came up with. The inner foam is thicker and I have several different outer foams depending on the tire height. The tires are all butt jointed with no over laps.

On to the pictures;

Last edited by Nova's Ark; 08-18-2011 at 02:58 PM.
Old 12-29-2010, 09:21 AM   #6
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Default Enlarged Panther Meat Grinders

Here is an enlarged Panther Meat Grinder. I have these available in both the Soft and Super Soft compound. They can be enlarged to any size although the most common size is 3.8" or 40 series and 115mm. These are enlarged only and standard width.

Last edited by Nova's Ark; 08-18-2011 at 02:57 PM. Reason: Updating Photos
Old 12-29-2010, 09:28 AM   #7
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Default Enlarged Panther Plowboys

Here is an enlarged Panther Plowboy. I have these available in both the Soft and Super Soft compound. They can be enlarged to any size although the most common size is 3.8" or 40 series and 115mm. These are enlarged only and standard width.

Factory size Plowboy on left; enlarged Plowboy on right:

Last edited by Nova's Ark; 08-18-2011 at 03:01 PM. Reason: Updating Photos
Old 12-29-2010, 09:35 AM   #8
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Default Enlarged and Narrowed Panther Meat Grinders

Here is an enlarged and narrowed Panther Meat Grinder. I have these available in both the Soft and Super Soft compound. They can be enlarged to any size although the most common size is 3.8" or 40 series and 115mm. The set pictured is enlarged and narrowed to a 2.25" width.

Last edited by Nova's Ark; 08-18-2011 at 03:04 PM. Reason: Updating Photos
Old 12-29-2010, 09:41 AM   #9
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Default Enlarged and Narrowed Panther Plowboys

Here is an enlarged and narrowed Panther Plowboy. I have these available in both the Soft and Super Soft compound. They can be enlarged to any size although the most common size is 3.8" or 40 series and 115mm. The set pictured is enlarged and narrowed to a 2.25" width.

Last edited by Nova's Ark; 08-18-2011 at 02:54 PM. Reason: Updating Photos
Old 12-29-2010, 09:49 AM   #10
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Default 7" tall - 3.2 rim - enlarged HB Rovers

Pictured is a custom set of enlarged HB Rovers to fit a 3.2 rim and Crawler Innovations dual stage 3.2 Super Nova Foams.

Last edited by Nova's Ark; 08-18-2011 at 02:43 PM. Reason: Updated Pictures
Old 12-29-2010, 09:54 AM   #11
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Default 7" tall - 3.2 rim - enlarged Panther Leopards

Pictured is a custom set of enlarged Panther Leopards to fit a 3.2 rim and Crawler Innovations dual stage 3.2 Super Nova Foams.

Last edited by Nova's Ark; 08-18-2011 at 02:46 PM.
Old 08-18-2011, 02:13 PM   #12
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Here's a sneak peek at a customer's set of Super Blocks. These are not finished yet, they still need to be belt sanded and have the pattern trimmed. They are 7.5" tall when mounted on the crawler.

Old 08-18-2011, 02:37 PM   #13
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Speaking of Super Tires and Pins, here is a sneak peak at a current custom order for a customer. These are 7.5" Tall Khaos using Pro-Line Trencher Sidewalls. These tires were constructed using all new tires.

Mounted on a XTM Thorn that has been narrowed:

Belt sanded internally even for super tires. You always want the tire as soft as possible. Make the foam do the work support wise.

Speaking of foams, these are the new medium inner and medium outer Super Nova Foams for the Super Class. They were developed specifically for Pin Tires.

Old 08-18-2011, 02:39 PM   #14
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Default 8" Super Rovers w/ Trencher Sidewalls

I know I am not the first person to have used Trencher sidewalls on a custom tire build, but this is Crawler Innovations first time using them. I had a pair of customers wanting 8" Rovers and they insisted on Pro-Line Trencher sidewalls. I sure am glad they did. These tires are very nice to work with. So nice that Crawler Innovations will be stocking these tires in the web store later this week.

For those that do not know, the Moab XL has been officially discontinued for several months now and the Trencher is it's replacement. I had built up a stock of Moab XL's in anticipation of it, but I think it was unnecessary. The Trencher sidewall is thicker and easier to glue. It's also made in a new M2 style compound which glues up very well. The G8 compound Moab XL's were very difficult to work with so I am very excited about these Trenchers.

On to the pictures:

8" Super Rover using 3 pairs of White Dot Hot Bodies Rovers and 2 pairs of Pro-Line Trenchers to make 1 set(4) of Super Class Competition Tires. For the purpose of pictures I mounted them on my narrowed Pro Line Tech 5 wheels narrowed to 1.5" overall and 1.25" bead to bead.

Here is a profile picture:

Back Side:

Unmounted these tires are 8" lug to lug in height. When mounted and under the weight of a crawler they are closer to 7.5" which is a great size tire for the USRCCA Super Class.

Here is the same wheel broken down. The Crawler Innovations 7.75" dual stage super foams have the inner foam narrowed to 2" in width since these will be mounted on narrowed wheels.

As usual, this tire was constructed using butt joints entirely. No overlapping joints anywhere.
Old 08-18-2011, 03:04 PM   #15
Old guy

Eddie, I'm impressed with the line up you have. You have made it so there is a tire for everyone's Super . Supers have now got a good choice of capable tires now days. My hat goes off two you.

Make me want to build one.
ROCKEDUP RICKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 03:10 PM   #16
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROCKEDUP RICKY View Post
Eddie, I'm impressed with the line up you have. You have made it so there is a tire for everyone's Super . Supers have now got a good choice of capable tires now days. My hat goes off two you.

Make me want to build one.

Thank you very much for your kind words Ricky
Old 08-18-2011, 03:15 PM   #17
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Finished 7.5" Tall HB Block Tires:

Old 05-09-2012, 05:47 PM   #18
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Default Re: USRCCA Class 1 - Super Class - Cut N Shut Tire Catalog

Latest set of custom tires, foams and wheels for a customer.

These are super soft compound Panther Plowboys, Super Nova Single Stage Soft Foams, Machined and narrowed HPI Blast Wheels that are 1" wide. I like how nicely these came out and had to post them.

Old 05-12-2012, 01:46 PM   #19
RCC Addict

Looking good Eddie!
TC09mini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 10:50 AM   #20
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

I've been wanting to make this set of tires since the Pit Bull Rock Beast 2's arrived in December. I find myself waiting on my suppliers this week so I made good use of the time getting caught up on custom orders. This set is headed to Australia

It took a total of 10 tires to make the four pictured below. The tread is Pit Bull's Rock Beast 2 and the sidewalls are Pro-Line Trenchers. Foams are Crawler Innovations 7.75" Super Nova with soft outer front and medium outer rear. Wheels are custom narrowed XTM Thorns.

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/crawler-innovations/289111-usrcca-class-1-super-class-cut-n-shut-tire-catalog.html
Posted By For Type Date
ClodTalk.com - View topic - My RC4wd Rockbull Clod Project (Snow Actions Pics added!) This thread Refback 02-25-2013 02:33 AM