Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Crawler Innovations

Notices

Thread: USRCCA Class 3 - 1.9 Class - Cut N Shut Tire Catalog

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2010, 10:02 AM   #1
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Default USRCCA Class 3 - 1.9 Class - Cut N Shut Tire Catalog

Here is a compilation of the Cut N Shut custom tires Crawler Innovations has made for the USRCCA Class 3 - 1.9 Class RC Rock Crawlers.

Up first is the Panther Cobra. These come as a 2.2 Stadium Truck tire from Panther and then Crawler Innovations narrows and reduces them to 1.9. I have them in both the Soft and Super Soft compound. These are a tried and true 1.9 comp tire and have been used in competition for over two years now.

They finish out at the same height as a 1.9 Hot Bodies Rover:

Mounted on a 1.9 Comp Crawler on Vanquish Products bead locks:
Nova's Ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-30-2010, 10:04 AM   #2
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Default 4" tall Hot Bodies 1.9 Rovers by Crawler Innovations

Here are a custom set of 1.9 Hot Bodies Rovers enlarged to 4" height. As usual, the tread pattern matches and there are no over lapping joints. These use 1.9 Pro-Line Flat Iron sidewalls. They also have a custom Crawler Innovations dual stage made just for them. On to the pictures:

4" height on left, stock on right:

4" height on left, stock on right:
Old 12-30-2010, 10:31 AM   #3
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Default 1.9 Hot Bodies Khaos Buggy Tire

Here we have a Hot Bodies Khaos Buggy Tire that has a 1.9 sidewall added to it. These can be made to any height. I have found the red dot compound to be better than the white dot compound for RC Rock Crawling. That only applies to the Khaos tire.

The first set pictured is 4.25" tall and made using the white dot compound and 1.9 Pro-Line Chisel sidewalls.

Height comparison to a stock 1.9 Rover:

Height and width comparison to a stock 1.9 Rover:

Here is a set of red dot compound Khaos buggy tires I reduced to 4" height and used Pro-Line 1.9 Flat Iron sidewalls.

4" tall and mounted on narrowed Vanquish Products Little Harry that is .5" width. These tires have Crawler Innovations single stage memory foams in the front and Crawler Innovations single stage medium foams in the back.

I decided to remove some of the lugs into a custom tread pattern. It improved the front traction. I left the rear tires alone since this is the 1.9 class and no dig is allowed.

Here is the height of a stock 2.2 Cougar compared to the 1.9 cut n shut version:

White delrin 2.2 Mayhem 7 bead lock, Losi MRC 1.9 bead lock;

Close up of the tread pattern:

Here is a set I made for my son mounted on his 1.9 Losi mini rock crawler:

Here is a set made for Montanna.Matt's tube chassis 1.9 LMRC:

Last edited by Nova's Ark; 11-05-2013 at 08:08 AM. Reason: added info
Old 12-31-2010, 10:49 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Hey bro! Looking good so far and congrats on getting your own section.  I can't wait to try out a set of 4" rovers. I know I love my cobras that's for sure.
bigflex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 02:01 PM   #5
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

I have been thinking about this tire for at least a year now. After multiple sets of custom tires and months of testing, I have completely given up on 1/8 scale buggy tires for 1.9 Comp Crawlers. No matter what I did, the bottom line is the racing tire carcass it too thick. You can belt sand the flat area, but the buggy side walls were the problem. Belt sanding a tire side wall is tough and ultimately that is what limits the buggy tire for use as a cut n shut (IMO anyways).

So... I switched to Short Course tires. Mucho better! I have made a number of different short course tire sets now. With Nationals next week, a customer came to me for tires and the tire on the far right is one of the sets I made for him. It's M2 compound Pro-Line Flat Iron side wall with a M4 compound Pro-Line Short Course Bow Tie. The tire finishes at 4.0" Tall. The trimmed pattern is of my own design. You can use either 4" Lil' Nova Dual Stage foams or a combination of single stage foams with tuning discs. These need at least a .75" or 3/4" wide 1.9 wheel or wider.

Flat Iron + Bow Tie + Cut N Shut = ?

Old 11-27-2011, 10:52 AM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Do you do all of that yourself ? Youve got some skill !
rockrocker1976 is offline   Reply With Quote