Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Crawler Innovations

Notices

Thread: *_* C.I.'s Double Deuce Closed Cell Competition Ready Dual Stage Foams *_*

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2012, 10:05 PM   #181
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: *_* C.I.'s Double Deuce Closed Cell Competition Ready Dual Stage Foams *_*

Just put in a big order tonight! I am looking forward to getting them.. Thanks Crawler innovations
Hittman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-30-2012, 03:16 PM   #182
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: *_* C.I.'s Double Deuce Closed Cell Competition Ready Dual Stage Foams *_*

I received my foams today. Yet to test but i do have one pair mounted up. These really woke up my 2.2 Irocks.. Just an amazing difference. Thank you for the awsome products and all of the bonus tuning rings!
Hittman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 04:15 AM   #183
RCC Addict

I got my sets just the other day. Was surprised to feel the huge difference in stiffness between "medium" and "soft".
I have Rover tires, and mounted a pair with 5.0" mediums plus soft tuning rings. The tuning rings are only 0.25" thick, and the tires are about 5.20" diameter inside, so I can't say the added "soft" makes a difference (compared to running 5.25" mediums with no tuning rings).

It would be really cool to have tuning rings (or rather a standard third stage) 0.50" thick on 2nd stage foams 1.00" smaller than the tire.
Olle P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 04:01 PM   #184
Pebble Pounder

Does the closed cell inner foam change in size when going from say 5.0 to 5.25 to 5.5 or is just the outer foam the only size changing?
RealDeel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 05:25 AM   #185
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealDeel View Post
Does the closed cell inner foam change in size when going from say 5.0 to 5.25 to 5.5 or is just the outer foam the only size changing?
The inners are different :

Outers are the same for 5.0" and 5.25" one size bigger for 5.5" and 6"
racer_zh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 07:48 PM   #186
I wanna be Dave

Just ordered up my dd rover combo saved some moolah too, thanks Eddie
boosted4lyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 02:49 PM   #187
RCC Addict

What is the O.D. on a 5.0, and 5.25 closed cell inner foam?

Thanks!
Waiting Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 02:54 PM   #188
Quarry Creeper

I just ordered a set of 2.2 x 1.25 wheels and want to get the new Pitbull Rockbeast II when they come out. My question is should I use 5.5 or 6.0 inner foams? This will be a scale trail rig.
Mt.Dew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 10:57 PM   #189
I'm HUGE in Japan!

Just picked up a set of your Khoas with the 2.2 sedona sidewalls.. Would the 5.25 be the ideal foams for these?
ScaleDustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 12:33 AM   #190
Quarry Creeper

I ordered 5.25" soft front, medium rear foams for my 5.00 lb switch 2 months ago that are inside of red dot boss claws mounted to 1" slw and found soft front was way to soft. The tire just completely collapsed on breakover and anything down hill. I moved the medium rears to the front and put stock bc foam in rear and saw an immediate 100 times fold better performance. The boss claws are totally shaved btw. Just thought id let anyone whos interested know my findings.
Sheepdawg23wm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2012, 04:42 AM   #191
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheepdawg23wm View Post
I ordered 5.25" soft front, medium rear foams for my 5.00 lb switch 2 months ago that are inside of red dot boss claws mounted to 1" slw and found soft front was way to soft. The tire just completely collapsed on breakover and anything down hill. I moved the medium rears to the front and put stock bc foam in rear and saw an immediate 100 times fold better performance. The boss claws are totally shaved btw. Just thought id let anyone whos interested know my findings.
For this reason I prefer to use the 5.25 soft (N) with medium tuning ring.
Ran out of 5.5 inners or I would have used them instead as Ive got quite a collection of outers.
reden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 12:11 PM   #192
Rock Crawler

I have been tuning my rig with these foams and I have found that with 1" wide wheels and a 5 lb rig and shaved rovers the best foams for me are 5.0 front with soft outers and and 5.25 rear with medium outers cut the same width as the inner foams.
tuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 10:11 PM   #193
Quarry Creeper

I tried to search but couldn't find a clear answer. What is the reason for firmer foams in the rear even though the front of the rigs are heavier? Is it for climbing purposes because more weight will be distributed to the back and same when you are accelerating?
SkinInc69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 12:15 AM   #194
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinInc69 View Post
I tried to search but couldn't find a clear answer. What is the reason for firmer foams in the rear even though the front of the rigs are heavier? Is it for climbing purposes because more weight will be distributed to the back and same when you are accelerating?
Posts #167 on in this very thread handles those questions.

Yes, it's because you're climbing uphill a lot of the time, and that's when the grip is really needed.
Stability for side slopes is provided by the very stiff inner foams.

I've also noticed that there's a huge difference in stiffness between vented and unvented tires.
Olle P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 09:42 PM   #195
Quarry Creeper

I just placed an order for 4 pairs of 6.0 double deuces... well actually 3 by mistake of my dumb phone. I paid the one and emailed you about my mistake.
SkinInc69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 04:39 AM   #196
Rock Stacker

iam a bit confused..crawler king weight is 8lbs,60/40 f/r weight distribution,used for rock crawling only,i have the chisels with 1.25'' width mayhem engineering 2.2 monsters vented.what would be the best combo to order? do i have to drill holes in the inners as well?
thanks!!!
1979crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 07:57 AM   #197
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkinInc69 View Post
I just placed an order for 4 pairs of 6.0 double deuces... well actually 3 by mistake of my dumb phone. I paid the one and emailed you about my mistake.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1979crawler View Post
iam a bit confused..crawler king weight is 8lbs,60/40 f/r weight distribution,used for rock crawling only,i have the chisels with 1.25'' width mayhem engineering 2.2 monsters vented.what would be the best combo to order? do i have to drill holes in the inners as well?
thanks!!!

These have been both taken care of through email. Thank you both for your business.

I don't check RCC often, but I am always available through direct email @:

novasark@crawlerinnovations.com
Nova's Ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 08:36 PM   #198

Just got my foams today!! Been playing with mem foams, stock foams, and cutting them down, adding foam rings...ect for about 3 weeks to no avail in my white dot rovers. a 10 minute complete foam change made all of the difference. narrow 5.25's firm rears soft fronts on chaotic switch. excellent product and excellent service.
Rick H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 05:02 PM   #199
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova's Ark View Post
Please use this format when asking for which foams to buy:

Truck Weight RTR?
Truck usage (bashing (fast) or rock crawling (slow)?
What brand manufacture tire, compound, any tire mods?
How wide are the bead locks?

Losi Night Crawler for sportsman & 2.2S competition.

6 lbs RTR, typical upgrades, knuckle weights, lipo on front links.

Cut red Boss Claws, on stock LCC wheels. Weighted to 14/10 oz.

Mostly high traction granite rock at the comp site.

I see Del Monte was happy with 5.25/softs in his BC's, but he's a LOT lighter than me. Wouldn't I need something stiffer?
Hardline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:29 AM   #200
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardline View Post
Losi Night Crawler for sportsman & 2.2S competition.

6 lbs RTR, typical upgrades, knuckle weights, lipo on front links.

Cut red Boss Claws, on stock LCC wheels. Weighted to 14/10 oz.

Mostly high traction granite rock at the comp site.

I see Del Monte was happy with 5.25/softs in his BC's, but he's a LOT lighter than me. Wouldn't I need something stiffer?
Jake's Losi was pretty heavy back when he ran Losi products. Once he switched to MOA's is when he was able to go light weight.

As for your application, the 5.5 might be better. The Crawl Space in Colorado sells mostly 5.5's because of the rock in their area.
Nova's Ark is offline   Reply With Quote

*_* C.I.'s Double Deuce Closed Cell Competition Ready Dual Stage Foams *_* - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Double Deuce foams for HB Rovers on XR10? Rock Spider Axial XR10 6 06-01-2011 04:49 PM
Deuce Nova's and Lil Nova's Dual stage foams! bigflex Tires and Wheels 6 10-06-2009 10:50 PM