Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Crawler Innovations

Notices

Thread: *_* C.I.'s Double Deuce Closed Cell Competition Ready Dual Stage Foams *_*

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2013, 04:49 PM   #221
Its a HARDKNOCKZ Life...

Default Re: *_* C.I.'s Double Deuce Closed Cell Competition Ready Dual Stage Foams *_*

Quote:
Originally Posted by stelerzman View Post
Hey guy's, I need your wisdom. I just got my Voodoo's in, silver and blue compounds. I already have a set of 4 DD close cell in 5.25". I think soft and med. My rig is around 4.5 lbs with 1" VP v5 repun slw's and I would like to know what do you recommend to fill the tire.

Thanks for your help.
Im still playing with the foams on my pro rig but in my sporty thats sotting at 4lbs even RTR I settled on the 6.0 DDs...narrow inners with soft outers up front, mediums out back with the tuning ring removed ONLY in the rear. I know some are removing em both but I didnt like how much wad factor came with that.

JD
HARDKNOCKZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-2013, 05:10 PM   #222
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: *_* C.I.'s Double Deuce Closed Cell Competition Ready Dual Stage Foams *_*

Szczerba in 3...2...1
helhedded is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 05:31 PM   #223
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Quote:
Hey guy's, I need your wisdom. I just got my Voodoo's in, silver and blue compounds. I already have a set of 4 DD close cell in 5.25". I think soft and med. My rig is around 4.5 lbs with 1" VP v5 repun slw's and I would like to know what do you recommend to fill the tire.

Thanks for your help.
The 5.25 Double Deuce is not gonna cut it in any VooDoo compound. The 5.25" inner is just too short.

#1. The VooDoo is a 5.75" tall tire.

#2. The VooDoo is a thin carcass tire. (Which is a great design)

Because of those 2 reasons, the voodoo needs a minimum of a 5.5 inner to start with for light weight trucks.

I have only tested with the Gold Compound (which is a phenomenal compound for East Texas), but when I did I used:

Here is a video compilation of the Crawler Innovations XR-10 testing the
Ottsix VooDoo Tire in the Gold Compound
w/ Crawler Innovations 6.0 Double Deuce Foams.

As tested,
the crawler weighed 5 pounds 1 ounce RTR,
the bead locks are 1.35' VP SLW's,
6.0 Double Deuce Foams;
Wide Inner - Soft Outer = Front; (No Tuning Ring)
Wide Inner - Medium Outer narrowed 2" width = Rear. (No Tuning Ring)

Filmed at the Crawler Innovations Compound in Tyler, Texas.

I have not tested or felt the silver or blue compound yet. But based on the characteristics and the size of the gold tire, you need a bigger foam to fill the tire. It may also be better to start with a firmer foam combination because it is easier to modify the foam to be softer. It's much harder to firm up soft foam inside soft tires. The Voodoo is a soft tire, no doubt about it.

Last edited by Nova's Ark; 05-21-2013 at 05:32 PM. Reason: added info
Nova's Ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 06:28 PM   #224
www.ottsix.com

I've run 5.25 DD with tuning rings with blues...not great, but not too bad either. I think on the right rock, that setup would work well.
crawl-o-matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 06:40 PM   #225
I wanna be Dave

Thanks for the info guys, is there any way I can buy just the outer foams and use the inners I already have?
stelerzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 06:44 PM   #226
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Thanks for the info guys, is there any way I can buy just the outer foams and use the inners I already have?
Yep. "Foam Parts" on the site. Foam Parts

There are a lot of set-ups out there that are working. Most are 5.5 or 6" inners and the outers are going to depend on tire compound and rig weight. So testing is will be needed with each rig and driver style.
Szczerba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:07 PM   #227
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Quote:
IMO, you need a taller inner. If you already own 5.0/5.25 outer foams, they will stretch over the 5.5 inner.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-21-2013, 08:36 PM   #228
www.ottsix.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova's Ark View Post
IMO, you need a taller inner. If you already own 5.0/5.25 outer foams, they will stretch over the 5.5 inner.

100% agree
crawl-o-matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 09:48 AM   #229
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Short 1 battery pack video of the Cut N Shut Voodoo's:

Video #2 in what I am sure will become a series of videos based on the Ottsix Voodoo 2.2 RC COMPETITION rock crawler tire. This video features the Gold Compound Voodoo tire, except it has been cut n shut by Crawler Innovations. The tire has been reduced in height to 5.40". The Tire has also been narrowed in width to 1.75". The purpose for these modifications is to make the Voodoo shorter in height to improve side hill capability and to lower the Center of Gravity. The purpose for narrowing is to keep the tires out of the suspension at full steering to prevent the tire from be ripped or torn. Foams used in this video: C.I. Double Deuce 5.5 Narrow Inner with 5.0/5.25 Soft Outer in the front, and C.I. Double Deuce 5.25 with 5.0/5.25 Medium Outer. The wheels are 1" wide carbon fiber glue on style and made by Y Town Crawlers. Y Town Crawlers also makes the Secret Agent carbon fiber chassis as well.

This video shows many of the same lines used and films in past videos. I use the same lines over and over to gauge the pros & cons of every set up change. The Gold compound Voodoo slows crawls sandstone and iron ore like no tire I have tested before. In this video you can see areas where wheel speed produced tire spin, but slow it down and the tire grabs and goes. This compound seems extremely stable on the rocks at the Crawler Innovations Compound in East Texas. I will be testing with the Silver and Blue compounds once C.I. can obtain them. C.I. also plans to add these to our web site combined with C.I. Double Deuce foams.

Old 05-22-2013, 02:00 PM   #230
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

Damn, I think I ordered the wrong thing. I ordered 5.5/6.0 outer foams. Will this work?
Thanks.
Old 05-22-2013, 04:14 PM   #231
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Quote:
Damn, I think I ordered the wrong thing. I ordered 5.5/6.0 outer foams. Will this work?
Thanks.

I have your order John, but the echeck hasn't cleared yet through PayPal. You ordered outers and you need inners. I will send you the correct inners instead. Thank you for your business and thank you for posting your tech questions. Not only did we catch the order mistake, but I am sure someone else will benefit from the reading. The Voodoo tire is going to require a bit more foam tuning than your average tire.
Old 05-22-2013, 06:15 PM   #232
I wanna be Dave

Thank you for correcting me, I didn't mean to echeck my order.
Old 05-22-2013, 09:11 PM   #233
I wanna be Dave

So what your saying is the inner foam is the crucial part of the foam equation?
That's just the opposite I was thinking. Wow, now I stretched the outer foam I see what your saying. Thanks again for the help.
Old 05-27-2013, 08:04 PM   #234

Just got my 6" CI DD foams for my gold dot voodoo's(still waiting for them to ship) and these foams are crazy awesome and am stoked to get these all set-up and running....
TCCustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 07:05 PM   #235
RCC Addict

Hey Eddie do you have an ETA on 6.0" Double Deuce foams? Looks they are selling well.
AddictedtoRC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 09:44 AM   #236
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddictedtoRC1 View Post
Hey Eddie do you have an ETA on 6.0" Double Deuce foams? Looks they are selling well.

July 1st

I'm out of the 6.0 and 5.25 Double Deuce sizes.
Old 06-17-2013, 10:10 AM   #237
RCC Addict

Quote:
July 1st

I'm out of the 6.0 and 5.25 Double Deuce sizes.
Thank you good sir. I'll check back with you that week sometime.
AddictedtoRC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:16 PM   #238
Rock Crawler

Well i placed an order last night and already been shipped!!! Great service and thanks very much

Mark
losiking1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 07:45 AM   #239

Newbee needs help picking new foams, I bought these tires and wheels used, 2.2 Losi rock claws 5", the rr foams seam to be a little firmer than the stock 1.9 trepedors and are brown and look old, looks like regular foam. The fronts are not the same, the passenger side is white and just crushes with no rebound and the drivers side is brown and was for a 5.5" and I cut it down to try to match the ps's softness. I was thinking of using the double deuce 5" medium for the front but have no idea what firmness I have. Then I may swap them to the rears as well depending on if I end up to firm for the front.
The wheels are vented, 2 holes each.

What do you recomend? SCX10 Rubicon is stock RTR, battery moved to the front, 4 link front all plastic links. Back yard fun only, no comp.

goingnorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 10:41 AM   #240
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by goingnorth View Post
What do you recomend? SCX10 Rubicon is stock RTR, battery moved to the front, 4 link front all plastic links. Back yard fun only, no comp.
Since you bought the items used, you have no idea what you actually own.

RTR weight is preferred, but since you don't know it, I'll guess 6 pounds.

The 5.0 Double Deuce will fill the tire, but the 5.25 Double Deuce might be better because it's a scaler and you'll probably add more weight as you add more scale accessories.

Soft outer front
Medium outer rear

*_* C.I.'s Double Deuce Closed Cell Competition Ready Dual Stage Foams *_* - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Double Deuce foams for HB Rovers on XR10? Rock Spider Axial XR10 6 06-01-2011 04:49 PM
Deuce Nova's and Lil Nova's Dual stage foams! bigflex Tires and Wheels 6 10-06-2009 10:50 PM