Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Crawler Innovations

Notices

Thread: *_* C.I.'s Double Deuce Closed Cell Competition Ready Dual Stage Foams *_*

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2013, 12:30 PM   #241

Default Re: *_* C.I.'s Double Deuce Closed Cell Competition Ready Dual Stage Foams *_*

Thanks, I will weigh it tonight, I don't see 5.25's on the web site, only in a kit with other tires?
goingnorth is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2013, 01:14 PM   #242
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Default Re: *_* C.I.'s Double Deuce Closed Cell Competition Ready Dual Stage Foams *_*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova's Ark View Post
July 1st

I'm out of the 6.0 and 5.25 Double Deuce sizes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by goingnorth View Post
Thanks, I will weigh it tonight, I don't see 5.25's on the web site, only in a kit with other tires?

See above post.
Nova's Ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 06:48 AM   #243

My SCX10 weighs 5# 10oz with bat. bat. weighs 10oz. I will order when available.

Thanks
Old 06-21-2013, 12:38 PM   #244
Rock Stacker

How can I get 6" double deuce foams? I dont see them on your website.
DonnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 12:47 PM   #245
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonnieB View Post
How can I get 6" double deuce foams? I dont see them on your website.
Quote:
July 1st

I'm out of the 6.0 and 5.25 Double Deuce sizes.
Quote:
See above post.
???

Last edited by Calderwood; 06-21-2013 at 12:50 PM.
Calderwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2013, 12:56 PM   #246
Rock Stacker

Sorry...I didn't read the whole thread.
DonnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 06:23 AM   #247

Maybe to end confusion you should leave stuff on your web site and just say out of stock and the date they will be in, that way people know it is not discontinued. You would probably sell more products that way.
Some of us don't have time to read 13 pages of posts to find out if and when its available. And not everyone surfing the net go's to this forum and would just skip over your site if they don't see the product.
Old 06-24-2013, 07:11 AM   #248
RCC Addict

What's so hard about "if it doesn't show it, it's not in stock"? Eddie is always quick to respond either through emails or this thread. It's not rocket science. Not on the site=out of stock. I wish more places would do it that way.
AddictedtoRC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2013, 08:06 AM   #249
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddictedtoRC1 View Post
Not on the site=out of stock.
Or he's discontinued it. Or he never carried it and never will. Or it's on the site but it's hard to find. Everyone's entitled to his opinion (only Eddie's counts), but I side with the "out of stock" label.
Hardline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 06:35 PM   #250
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

First off, THANK YOU for your comments, both positive and negative. I understand both points of view. Crawler Innovations is one man, me. The business is definitely going through some growing pains. A new web site is being planned and it will address this issue, along with a several others. In the mean time I'll keep working hard and try to make myself available. I do have a shop phone number listed on the web site to quickly answer questions, as well as direct email:

novasark@crawlerinnovations.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by goingnorth View Post
Maybe to end confusion you should leave stuff on your web site and just say out of stock and the date they will be in, that way people know it is not discontinued. You would probably sell more products that way.
Some of us don't have time to read 13 pages of posts to find out if and when its available. And not everyone surfing the net go's to this forum and would just skip over your site if they don't see the product.
I understand. Thank you for your comments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AddictedtoRC1 View Post
What's so hard about "if it doesn't show it, it's not in stock"? Eddie is always quick to respond either through emails or this thread. It's not rocket science. Not on the site=out of stock. I wish more places would do it that way.
Thank you for understanding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardline View Post
Or he's discontinued it. Or he never carried it and never will. Or it's on the site but it's hard to find. Everyone's entitled to his opinion (only Eddie's counts), but I side with the "out of stock" label.
I can see your point of view as well. Just looking through the two pages here in the CI vendor section, over half the stuff isn't made or readily available anymore. What would you suggest? Delete the old threads? Or is it wise to leave up past products as sort of a resume since I'm always looking to advance the sport with better designs?
Old 06-27-2013, 06:39 PM   #251
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

BTW... All foam sizes are now in stock.

Thank you for your patience, understanding and continued business
Old 06-28-2013, 12:09 AM   #252
RCC Addict

Quote:
... Just looking through the two pages here in the CI vendor section, over half the stuff isn't made or readily available anymore. What would you suggest?
Leave it be! (Just make a clear notion in the first post of any applicable thread that the product is discontinued.)
Olle P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 12:16 AM   #253
RCC Addict

I have a question regarding the "Comp Cut":
Are these oversize inners (compared to the regular for same size outers) with a channel down to the standard diametre, or are they the standard diametre at the outer rim (resulting in a softer tire surface)?
Olle P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 08:20 AM   #254
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olle P View Post
Leave it be! (Just make a clear notion in the first post of any applicable thread that the product is discontinued.)
Thank you for your input.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olle P View Post
I have a question regarding the "Comp Cut":
Are these oversize inners (compared to the regular for same size outers) with a channel down to the standard diametre, or are they the standard diametre at the outer rim (resulting in a softer tire surface)?
  • Entirely new foam design for the 5.25, 5.5, & 6.0
  • The density of the inner foam is the same.
  • The height for each size inner foam has not been changed.
  • The shape and width of the foam is entirely different though.
  • Standard and Comp Cut foams are the same foam, except the Comp Cut has machined channels.
  • All inners are now 1.75" wide.
  • It's a one size fits all width wheel inner foam design. (However they are designed for 1" wheels)
Old 06-30-2013, 10:06 PM   #255
I wanna be Dave

Confusing.

Com cut inners are all the same with?

Or all inners comp or not sure now all the same width.

Was going to order another set of your dual stage 5.5s but am now was hesitant.
evan03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 11:13 PM   #256
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by evan03 View Post
Confusing.

Quote:
[*]All inners are now 1.75" wide.
Calderwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 09:14 AM   #257
I wanna be Dave

Sweet. No reason to have narrow inners
evan03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 01:32 PM   #258
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Quote:
Confusing.

Purchase a standard pair of the 5.5 and you will be impressed with the improvement. If you are not, I'll refund your order. The new design is that much better than the previous line of foams. The 5.5 is the same height as what you currently have, however the new design is 1/4" wider and the shape different. The wider foam fills the tire better, causing it to track on the wheel better (better steering feel & response).

Quote:
Originally Posted by nigels_world View Post

Quote:
Sweet. No reason to have narrow inners
Exactly.
Old 07-12-2013, 01:56 PM   #259
Rock Crawler

Can you say anything about the process of foam tuning? There's got to be more to it than just throwing in random foams and seeing what happens. Do you have a process you follow on a new car?
Hardline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 02:07 PM   #260
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardline View Post
Can you say anything about the process of foam tuning? There's got to be more to it than just throwing in random foams and seeing what happens. Do you have a process you follow on a new car?
I have been working with Eddie on foams for several years now. Even when I get new prototype foams from him, it's a "put 'em in and see how they feel" process for me. No better way than seeing what works and what doesn't work, on your own rig and your rock types.

But to answer your question, the best place to start foam tuning is to ask in this thread, email Crawler Innovations or call Crawler Innovations.
Szczerba is offline   Reply With Quote

*_* C.I.'s Double Deuce Closed Cell Competition Ready Dual Stage Foams *_* - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Double Deuce foams for HB Rovers on XR10? Rock Spider Axial XR10 6 06-01-2011 04:49 PM
Deuce Nova's and Lil Nova's Dual stage foams! bigflex Tires and Wheels 6 10-06-2009 10:50 PM