Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Crawler Innovations

Notices

Thread: *_* C.I.'s Double Deuce Closed Cell Competition Ready Dual Stage Foams *_*

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-12-2013, 02:16 PM   #261
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Default Re: *_* C.I.'s Double Deuce Closed Cell Competition Ready Dual Stage Foams *_*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardline View Post
Can you say anything about the process of foam tuning? There's got to be more to it than just throwing in random foams and seeing what happens. Do you have a process you follow on a new car?

What is the weight of the vehicle RTR?
What wheels are you using and how wide are they?
What tires are you using?
Do those tires have any tires mods?
What is the intended purpose of the vehicle? (Slow technical rock crawling, or more trail / speed terrain?)

Answer those questions on any build and I can get you pointed in the right direction.

Nova's Ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-12-2013, 03:43 PM   #262
Rock Crawler

Default Re: *_* C.I.'s Double Deuce Closed Cell Competition Ready Dual Stage Foams *_*

I appreciate that. But it was intended as more of a generic question although limited to comp crawling. I wasn't looking for someone to tell me what to put in there...rather, how to test and decide for myself.
Hardline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 02:51 PM   #263
Quarry Creeper

I'm getting ready to buy some beadlock wheels for my Wraith. Either the Axial TR beadlocks or a set of VP KMC's. Question I have is how do I figure out what foams I need? I'll be using the R35 compound Ripsaws. Do I need to weigh the rig? Or is there a standard set to use with my combo?

Just weighed my Wraith. It came in at 7lb 2oz all up. I use it mostly for G6's and bashing in the back yard. What combination of foams should I buy?

Last edited by 65BAJA; 08-05-2013 at 07:29 PM. Reason: Added weight.
65BAJA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 04:46 PM   #264
WAM
Rock Crawler

Has anyone experienced slicing the rubber near the ID of the tire, along the outer edge of the beadlock ring? I'm wondering if the new fatter CC foams are pushing too hard on the inner sidewall. I've always used narrows in the past.

Tire is Boss Claw, wheel is DH1, and the ring does have a small chamfer on inside edge. So it shouldn't be a knife, but it is. Cut both new fronts in just two packs.
WAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 01:58 PM   #265
Its a HARDKNOCKZ Life...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65BAJA View Post
I'm getting ready to buy some beadlock wheels for my Wraith. Either the Axial TR beadlocks or a set of VP KMC's. Question I have is how do I figure out what foams I need? I'll be using the R35 compound Ripsaws. Do I need to weigh the rig? Or is there a standard set to use with my combo?

Just weighed my Wraith. It came in at 7lb 2oz all up. I use it mostly for G6's and bashing in the back yard. What combination of foams should I buy?
I run R35 Rips on VP XD's & have found MY happy place foam wise to be a 5.5 Medium with tuning ring up front & 6.0 Medium w/o the ring out back. This is the crawler setup but when I run Ultra4 or rock race style events...I use 6.0 Mediums all around.
Attached Images

HARDKNOCKZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 05:04 AM   #266
Pebble Pounder

Any word on the med size being back in stock today?
cox308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 09:55 AM   #267
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by 65BAJA View Post

5.5 Double Deuce (standard is fine, comp cut is not needed)
Med Front
Firm Rear

Quote:
Originally Posted by WAM View Post
Has anyone experienced slicing the rubber near the ID of the tire, along the outer edge of the beadlock ring? I'm wondering if the new fatter CC foams are pushing too hard on the inner sidewall. I've always used narrows in the past.

Tire is Boss Claw, wheel is DH1, and the ring does have a small chamfer on inside edge. So it shouldn't be a knife, but it is. Cut both new fronts in just two packs.
I have not received any emails, or phone calls about this issue. So hopefully it is isolated. However, the wider inner foams with the new shape do put a lot more pressure against the tire sidewall. Is the problem still persisting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cox308 View Post
Any word on the med size being back in stock today?
More material arrived yesterday and they are being machined today. Back orders will ship today and all new orders will ship Tuesday after the Monday holiday.
Old 08-30-2013, 10:35 AM   #268
WAM
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova's Ark View Post
I have not received any emails, or phone calls about this issue. So hopefully it is isolated. However, the wider inner foams with the new shape do put a lot more pressure against the tire sidewall. Is the problem still persisting?
No, only the two fronts cut, right along the edge of the BL ring. I CA'd them back together, and put a thin layer of ShooGoo over the affected area. And spent a few seconds polishing the inside edge of the rings before reassembly. So far so good.

If it happens again, I'll remove a tad of foam from that area.
WAM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 07:59 PM   #269

Got my new foams in the mail the other day and love them. 5.5 comp cut and they work so well. Thanks guys.
richard2744 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 08:57 AM   #270
~THE SCALE SHOP~

hey Eddie, looking for some advice

got a 2.2 fullsize tube frame C3 Blazer scaler with aluminum wraith axles.
2.2 Pitbull tires on 1" rim
will be used 99% for slow technical crawling on rock.
brushed power (crawlmaster 16T)
dont know final weight yet.
~TSS~ "Gus"

what DD foam setup would you suggest?
take my money!

Cory
STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 09:09 AM   #271
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS View Post
hey Eddie, looking for some advice

got a 2.2 fullsize tube frame C3 Blazer scaler with aluminum wraith axles.
2.2 Pitbull tires on 1" rim
will be used 99% for slow technical crawling on rock.
brushed power (crawlmaster 16T)
dont know final weight yet.
~TSS~ "Gus"

what DD foam setup would you suggest?
take my money!

Cory
Nice Build Cory

I assume you are using the Rock Beast 2 tires (5.75" tall). If so;

6.0 Double Deuce
Standard Inner
Med Outer / Front / No tuning ring
Firm Outer / Rear / No tuning ring
Old 11-06-2013, 12:16 PM   #272
~THE SCALE SHOP~

thank you!
yep
thank you again!
gonna pick up one of your tranny extensions too and thinking about trying your maxx shafts for the first time.

thanks Eddie.
hopeing to meet you soon at a ETX event
STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 02:34 PM   #273
RCC Addict

Hi Eddie,
I just purchased some VP KMC Enduros, and obviously with my old CI wide foams (was running CAC EZ Locs before) they cannot mount up because of the wide foam width.

It says on your site you no longer do the narrow and wide foams, and every foam in the DD line is 1.75 wide. I just measured my wide foams and they are 1.75 inches wide as well... Am I missing something? I really want to mount these suckers up!

Please let me know at your own convenience,
Ted
tedo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2013, 04:03 PM   #274
Rock Crawler

Thank you for the fast shipping on foams and tires. I look forward to trying them out soon
ubbb69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2013, 09:33 PM   #275
Rock Crawler

I kind of wonder if there's a problem with this one-size-fits-all approach to the cc inners. I've narrowed some tires and the few cc foams I've tried haven't fit well. Seems like since the foam is almost semi-rigid, it needs to be a very good fit at the wheel and a pretty good fit at the sidewall. So I guess I'll try cutting some down. Is there a rule of thumb I can apply to resizing a foam? Like make the width match the wheel width at the inner diameter, and make the width 1/4" wider than tread width at mid sidewall. Any reason why that approach wouldn't work, and would you agree or disagree with my made up numbers?
Hardline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 10:54 AM   #276
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardline View Post
I kind of wonder if there's a problem with this one-size-fits-all approach to the cc inners. I've narrowed some tires and the few cc foams I've tried haven't fit well. Seems like since the foam is almost semi-rigid, it needs to be a very good fit at the wheel and a pretty good fit at the sidewall. So I guess I'll try cutting some down. Is there a rule of thumb I can apply to resizing a foam? Like make the width match the wheel width at the inner diameter, and make the width 1/4" wider than tread width at mid sidewall. Any reason why that approach wouldn't work, and would you agree or disagree with my made up numbers?
Yes, I would like to know as well as far as trimming the new (one size fits all) inner. I really wish I could get my hands on some old narrow inners.

Got the stock foams stuck in my rig now...

Last edited by tedo; 12-22-2013 at 06:14 PM. Reason: Grmmmmrr
tedo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2013, 06:09 PM   #277
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

The design is not going to change. Factory 2.2 tires average 2 inches wide. And factory wheels average 1.35 wide. So the foams are shaped for the majority of what is out there internationally. If you would like to pay for custom foams, which I have already been making for pro drivers, they will be $25 a pair, & they will be shaped specifically to your wheel and tire. Please email me if you are interested.

Sent from the lab @ the CI compound
Old 03-03-2014, 09:50 AM   #278
Kez

Truck Weight RTR?___________7 lbs, Axial SCX10 Rubicon

Truck usage (bashing (fast) or rock crawling (slow)?____________slow/medium trail running and rock crawling

What brand manufacture tire, compound, any tire mods?_________Unmodded Proline 2.2 Hammers (#1145 on side of tire, no dot)AND 2.2 Flat Irons (#1146 on side of tire, no dot)-(different recommendations if applicable, though the sizes of the two are very close)

How wide are the bead locks?_________Couple of options: Proline 8-shooter beadlocks are 37mm out-out of ring (27mm wheel face-face); Hot Racing Beadlocks are 48mm out-out of ring (42mm wheel face-face)

Thank you for any recommendations you can give for these options on this rig. If you need any further info, please let me know.

Bryan Keyser
RCRNV
Kez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 06:54 PM   #279
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kez View Post
Truck Weight RTR?___________7 lbs, Axial SCX10 Rubicon

Truck usage (bashing (fast) or rock crawling (slow)?____________slow/medium trail running and rock crawling

What brand manufacture tire, compound, any tire mods?_________Unmodded Proline 2.2 Hammers (#1145 on side of tire, no dot)AND 2.2 Flat Irons (#1146 on side of tire, no dot)-(different recommendations if applicable, though the sizes of the two are very close)

How wide are the bead locks?_________Couple of options: Proline 8-shooter beadlocks are 37mm out-out of ring (27mm wheel face-face); Hot Racing Beadlocks are 48mm out-out of ring (42mm wheel face-face)

Thank you for any recommendations you can give for these options on this rig. If you need any further info, please let me know.

Bryan Keyser
RCRNV
The 5.0 or 5.25 are the only foams that will fit those tires since they are vertically challenged.

5.25 Double Deuce
Standard Inner / Medium Outer = Front
Standard Inner / Firm Outer = Rear
Old 06-17-2014, 12:13 PM   #280

Hey Eddie, I've been lurking for quite some time and am finally ready to get some of your awesome foams. Could you possibly give me a hand choosing which Double Deuce foams to get? I'd really appreciate it.
Axial Wraith
weight: around 7 lbs
Usage: Mostly crawling, and a little bit of rock racing and trail runs
Tires: Hot Bodies Rovers (white dot)
Bead lock width: 1.7" (they're Axial VWS)

Thanks in advance for your assistance.
Shane
Shizanester is offline   Reply With Quote

*_* C.I.'s Double Deuce Closed Cell Competition Ready Dual Stage Foams *_* - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Double Deuce foams for HB Rovers on XR10? Rock Spider Axial XR10 6 06-01-2011 04:49 PM
Deuce Nova's and Lil Nova's Dual stage foams! bigflex Tires and Wheels 6 10-06-2009 10:50 PM