Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Crawler Innovations

Notices

Thread: *_* C.I.'s Double Deuce Closed Cell Competition Ready Dual Stage Foams *_*

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2012, 10:22 AM   #121
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Default Re: *_* C.I.'s Double Deuce Closed Cell Competition Ready Dual Stage Foams *_*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardline View Post
To experiment with smaller foams, any reason I can't just trim the OD of my 5.5 inners? Then cut apart the outer and snip off a small slice to get it to match the inner.

If I trim both, a little at a time, I could experiment to find what size foam is right for me.

Sure, you could cut a 5.5 outer down and glue it back together to fit a 5.0 or 5.25 inner.

Binaryterror told me that he has a recipe that he uses for his conventional foams from C.I. It has something to do with putting them in the oven for 30 minutes or something. Maybe I could get him to post it up. He said it kinda recharges old foams. I mention it because once a 5.5 outer is stretched over a 6.0 inner, the outer foam is now stretched bigger. I don't know if you can get the foam to shrink back down small enough to properly fit a 5.5 inner. The same goes for the 5.0 outer with the 5.25 inner.
Nova's Ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-2012, 12:07 PM   #122
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: *_* C.I.'s Double Deuce Closed Cell Competition Ready Dual Stage Foams *_*

No problem Eddie, it's an old racer trick when we had to save foams.

Pre-heat over to 300-350, once its warm turn it off and stick the foams in and let the oven cool down with the door closed.

Takes a foam from looking like its been rounded being stuck in the tire back to the nice square cut edges it originally had. Also gets any old moisture or simple green that might have soaked in out safely.

I noticed this helps them go back to the original shape and seems like it makes them feel like new or close to new even if they've been stuck inside tires/wheels for months. Helps me tune better since I know I can get the foams back to original shape and firmness.

I'll definitely get pictures next time I cook up the foams to show a side by side of the change caused.
binaryterror is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2012, 08:49 PM   #123
I wanna be Dave

Tried the oven heating foam technique on some old 1.9 foams. Worked like a champ but stunk the kitchen up.

Thanks for the tip.
Szczerba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 10:19 AM   #124
Rock Crawler

make my order today

after a lot of hesitations, I decide to follow your advices, so I bought a set of 5.0 in soft outter w/ medium ring for my BC on a sub 5lbs XR10

can't wait to test it
dude26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 04:12 PM   #125
~THE SCALE SHOP~

Hey Eddie
im looking for some advice.
ive got a C3 scaler running the new 2.2 iroks (5.8" X2SS)
1.25" wide wheels and 8lbs 12oz RTR
i like a really soft foam setup typically. ie noticable "flat tire" look when at rest.

which combo would you recomend?
STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 07:10 PM   #126
Rock Crawler

hey Eddie

I am going to try some 2.2 closed cell foam for my C3 scaler with 2.2 Pitbull Tires & MSD Wheels(wheel width is about 1.315) and my truck is about 8.0 lbs.

so, which combo should I get from those closed cell foams??

thanks
rcscaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 08:14 PM   #127
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS View Post
Hey Eddie
im looking for some advice.
ive got a C3 scaler running the new 2.2 iroks (5.8" X2SS)
1.25" wide wheels and 8lbs 12oz RTR
i like a really soft foam setup typically. ie noticable "flat tire" look when at rest.

which combo would you recomend?
Front:
6.0 Double Deuce
Wide Inner / Medium Outer (do not use the tuning ring on the outer)

Rear:
6.0 Double Deuce
Wide Inner / Firm Outer (do not use the tuning ring on the outer)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcscaler View Post
hey Eddie

I am going to try some 2.2 closed cell foam for my C3 scaler with 2.2 Pitbull Tires & MSD Wheels(wheel width is about 1.315) and my truck is about 8.0 lbs.

so, which combo should I get from those closed cell foams??

thanks
Front:
5.5 Double Deuce
Wide Inner / Medium Outer

Rear:
5.5 Double Deuce
Wide Inner / Firm Outer
Old 05-15-2012, 08:44 PM   #128
I wanna be Dave

Hey Eddie,

I've got an 8 lb. scaler running rather small Class 1 tires. They're quite skinny and the stock RC4WD foams offer very little lateral support. Here's the dimensions:
Height: 4.19inch
Width: 1.44inch

I'm particularly interested in a Double Deuce, but do you make them that small? If not, what would you recommend?

Thanks!
Tommy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 07:37 AM   #129
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy R View Post
Hey Eddie,

I've got an 8 lb. scaler running rather small Class 1 tires. They're quite skinny and the stock RC4WD foams offer very little lateral support. Here's the dimensions:
Height: 4.19inch
Width: 1.44inch

I'm particularly interested in a Double Deuce, but do you make them that small? If not, what would you recommend?

Thanks!

You need the Lil' Nova Foams.

Front:
4.25" Lil' Nova Foam Pair
Soft outer (You will need to narrow the outer to 1.75" width to start with. The Lil Nova Foam line has over sized outers to allow for custom tuning by the customer. Since your tire is small, narrow the outer foam and it will fill the tire while holding the weight no problem.)

Rear:
4.25" Lil' Nova Foam Pair
Medium Outer (You will need to narrow the outer to 1.75" width to start with. The Lil Nova Foam line has over sized outers to allow for custom tuning by the customer. Since your tire is small, narrow the outer foam and it will fill the tire while holding the weight no problem.)

Even though the foam is listed at 4.25" Tall, it uses the short inner. That is the shortest closed cell inner I produce. The inner is 3 3/8" tall. Plenty short enough to fit into any Class 1 scale rig and still allow for plenty of tuning of the outer foam. Trust me, your C1 will perform so much better with these foams.
Old 05-16-2012, 07:46 AM   #130
I wanna be Dave

Thanks, Eddie! Order placed.
Tommy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 02:00 PM   #131
I joined the Band!

Just received my 6" Double Deuce Foams from ya today. And when I pulled them out of the box:
"OMG! How am I gonna get these to fit in the RC4WD IROK's?!"
Yep after the newbissum worn off they went together great. What a FANTASTIC Product. Cant wait to try these out on the Wraith.
Thanks Eddie, Great Service.
Cpt Nemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 04:35 AM   #132
Quarry Creeper

Just wanted to throw a thumbs up to Crawler Innovations, I ordered a set of bossclaws and DD Closed Cell foams, and a set of universals for my XR10. At first I just ordered the tire/foam combo and then broke an universal a few days later and quickly ordered online and just left a note and they were able to get them all in one package which arrived with in 4 days of ordering (ordered on a Saturday I think) Great job guys cant wait to try the new tires and foams out!
irokcrawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 03:39 PM   #133
Quarry Creeper

Any way to know when you will have more sizes back in stock? I need some for some 2.2 pitbulls... I think 5.25s
nstn8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 04:19 PM   #134
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstn8 View Post
Any way to know when you will have more sizes back in stock? I need some for some 2.2 pitbulls... I think 5.25s
It should be next week June 7th or 8th. The closed cell foam company is a week behind schedule. Both the 5.25 and 5.5 closed cell inner are sold out. When an item is sold out it is removed from the website. So if you've looked and can't find it, it's not there. I will update this thread when the new stock is in. Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your business.
Old 06-01-2012, 05:00 PM   #135
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova's Ark View Post
It should be next week June 7th or 8th. The closed cell foam company is a week behind schedule. Both the 5.25 and 5.5 closed cell inner are sold out. When an item is sold out it is removed from the website. So if you've looked and can't find it, it's not there. I will update this thread when the new stock is in. Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your business.
I cant imagine your work room empty....
JeremyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 06:14 PM   #136
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyH View Post
I cant imagine your work room empty....

It isn't, just the 5.25 and 5.5 inners were sold out. Everything else is in stock so the place is still packed since you were here.
Old 06-07-2012, 06:14 PM   #137
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

The 5.25 and 5.5 foams are back in stock and on the web site.
Old 06-08-2012, 06:58 PM   #138
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova's Ark View Post
The 5.25 and 5.5 foams are back in stock and on the web site.
Sweet....ordered
WICKEDWOLFRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 09:38 PM   #139
Quarry Creeper

Ordered 2 sets last night, plus some 1.9 foams...

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
asian195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 05:52 AM   #140
Rock Crawler

hey Eddie

I would like to try some closed cell foams for my Proline 2.2 TSL tires with MSD wheels and my C3 rig is about 8.25lb now.
hmmmm...can I get some suggestions from u?
rcscaler is offline   Reply With Quote

*_* C.I.'s Double Deuce Closed Cell Competition Ready Dual Stage Foams *_* - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Double Deuce foams for HB Rovers on XR10? Rock Spider Axial XR10 6 06-01-2011 04:49 PM
Deuce Nova's and Lil Nova's Dual stage foams! bigflex Tires and Wheels 6 10-06-2009 10:50 PM