Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Crawler Innovations

Notices

Thread: *_* C.I.'s Lil' Nova Closed Cell Competition Ready 1.9 Dual Stage Foams *_*

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2012, 06:45 PM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: *_* C.I.'s Lil' Nova Closed Cell Competition Ready 1.9 Dual Stage Foams *_*

Thanks for the info Eddy.
Did you get the video links I sent ??????
stelerzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-06-2012, 08:09 PM   #22
Rock Crawler

Default Re: *_* C.I.'s Lil' Nova Closed Cell Competition Ready 1.9 Dual Stage Foams *_*

I did tried those 4.50" Soft Outer in Front and Medium Outer in Rear for both 1.9 Pitbull and 1.9 Irok(new compound) with 1" wheels

well, I felt a littl bit stiff with 1.9 pitbull even I have Soft Outer in Front and Medium Outer in Rear, but don't know what u guys think?!! is that the way it should be?
rcscaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 08:33 PM   #23
RCC Addict

Ran the set I bought. From you at ECC for the first time Saturday. They seem to be doing the job very nicely. I need a few more packs ran through them though. On one gate all the scale trucks needed to winch and I just drove it clean. I don't believe it would have made it with the old foams I had. A little nervous about getting them wet now that they are vented. Will be testing that out soon.

Wes
brazwewn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 08:39 PM   #24
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by stelerzman View Post
Thanks for the info Eddy.
Did you get the video links I sent ??????
I did, thank you for sending them. That is a cool FOFFer you got

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcscaler View Post
I did tried those 4.50" Soft Outer in Front and Medium Outer in Rear for both 1.9 Pitbull and 1.9 Irok(new compound) with 1" wheels

well, I felt a littl bit stiff with 1.9 pitbull even I have Soft Outer in Front and Medium Outer in Rear, but don't know what u guys think?!! is that the way it should be?
Have tried narrowing the outer foam? The outer foams are over sized on purpose. In general, the heavier the truck, the more outer you want to run. Or if you are someone that will play a lot in the water or mud, you want the foam oversized to hold up longer. Thin outer foams break down quickly, especially in water and mud applications. That is why I discontinued the original 1.9 dual stage foam line.

So with that said, what does your truck actually weigh?

The Pit Bulls are soft. The 4.50 should be plenty for them once the outer is tuned for the weight of your truck. Not mention, the foams will break in for at least 5 - 10 battery packs. The older they get, the more comfortable they feel.

The IROKS are a different story. Which compound do you have? Which tire is it exactly? How much does this truck weigh? I have not been impressed with this tire in either compound whether modified or not. I still run them because of looks, but it ain't for performance. I also run a single stage over sized closed cell foam I shaped for the tire.
Nova's Ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 08:41 PM   #25
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by brazwewn View Post
Ran the set I bought. From you at ECC for the first time Saturday. They seem to be doing the job very nicely. I need a few more packs ran through them though. On one gate all the scale trucks needed to winch and I just drove it clean. I don't believe it would have made it with the old foams I had. A little nervous about getting them wet now that they are vented. Will be testing that out soon.

Wes
That's good to hear Wes. Would you please post your trucks set up so others can know what is working for you.
Old 05-07-2012, 04:29 AM   #26
RCC Addict

I have a Jeep SCX10 based rig, which is right around 8lbs. My tires are 1.9 Baja Claws, which have the inner bead trimmed and a few of the lugs siped. The tires are mounted backwards from what most run, but we have found they grip better that way. The foams are the new closed cell, medium in the front and firm in the rear. The only trimming I did was to the front inner. Since I have lead weight in the rim I took off most of the little rounded part. I hope to get a few more packs thru them soon. I am thinking once they wear in I will be right on the money.

Wes

An old pic, but gives an better idea about my truck.

Last edited by brazwewn; 05-07-2012 at 04:33 AM.
brazwewn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 01:58 AM   #27
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova's Ark View Post
Have tried narrowing the outer foam? The outer foams are over sized on purpose. In general, the heavier the truck, the more outer you want to run. Or if you are someone that will play a lot in the water or mud, you want the foam oversized to hold up longer. Thin outer foams break down quickly, especially in water and mud applications. That is why I discontinued the original 1.9 dual stage foam line.

So with that said, what does your truck actually weigh?

The Pit Bulls are soft. The 4.50 should be plenty for them once the outer is tuned for the weight of your truck. Not mention, the foams will break in for at least 5 - 10 battery packs. The older they get, the more comfortable they feel.

The IROKS are a different story. Which compound do you have? Which tire is it exactly? How much does this truck weigh? I have not been impressed with this tire in either compound whether modified or not. I still run them because of looks, but it ain't for performance. I also run a single stage over sized closed cell foam I shaped for the tire.
thanks for ur info buddy
well, here are some info from two different 1.9 scaler....

my buddy's truck is about 7.25lb total include 1.9 custom wheels(the one I bought from u a couple weeks ago) + 1.9 pitbull with closed cell soft outer in front and Medium Outer in Rear,

my truck is about 8.55lb total include 1.9 MSD wheels + 1.9 Irok(X2 SS compound which is softer version) with closed cell soft outer in front and Medium Outer in Rear as well.

they are 1" wheels, so I think I am good with inner foam now, but would u give me some suggestions for the outer foam?
do I need to get some different size for outer foam?

Last edited by rcscaler; 05-08-2012 at 02:03 AM.
rcscaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 09:11 PM   #28
I wanna be Dave

Just placed an order. I had a problem with the captcha. Every time i entered the
captcha it was incorrect. Please check your site a verify my order went thru. Thanks for an incredible product.
stelerzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2012, 10:19 PM   #29
Rock Crawler

Extremely happy with the turnaround guys! Ordered a custom width set of Lil Nova inners on Sunday. Got them today! Thank you! I mixed the short inner with the outer from my midsized Lil Nova set and stuffed them in my Pitbulls. I haven't tested the combo yet, but they feel awesome. Perfect sidewall bulge and they're stable.

Thank you, CI!

-B
808DA6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2012, 06:56 PM   #30
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by stelerzman View Post
Just placed an order. I had a problem with the captcha. Every time i entered the
captcha it was incorrect. Please check your site a verify my order went thru. Thanks for an incredible product.
Thank you for your business and I got you all taken care of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808DA6 View Post
Extremely happy with the turnaround guys! Ordered a custom width set of Lil Nova inners on Sunday. Got them today! Thank you! I mixed the short inner with the outer from my midsized Lil Nova set and stuffed them in my Pitbulls. I haven't tested the combo yet, but they feel awesome. Perfect sidewall bulge and they're stable.

Thank you, CI!

-B
Awesome!!! Thank you for the great feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcscaler View Post
thanks for ur info buddy
well, here are some info from two different 1.9 scaler....

my buddy's truck is about 7.25lb total include 1.9 custom wheels(the one I bought from u a couple weeks ago) + 1.9 pitbull with closed cell soft outer in front and Medium Outer in Rear,

my truck is about 8.55lb total include 1.9 MSD wheels + 1.9 Irok(X2 SS compound which is softer version) with closed cell soft outer in front and Medium Outer in Rear as well.

they are 1" wheels, so I think I am good with inner foam now, but would u give me some suggestions for the outer foam?
do I need to get some different size for outer foam?
I answered you in a PM, but basically you need to narrow the outer foam to 1.75" width. Stock outer foams are 2.25" width which is a lot of foam to stuff in a 1.9 tire. That extra outer foam is needed if you have a super heavy scaler or plan to do a lot of water or mud driving.

If your 1.9 Lil' Nova dual stage closed cell foams seem to firm in your scale tires, narrow the outer. Simple sharp scissors will cut through it easily. You will be surprised how much softer removing just a 1/4" from the width of the outer will make.
Old 05-20-2012, 08:01 AM   #31

I have a scx10 dingo, running mayhem slammerz 1.9 and the stock ripsaw tires. It weighs in just under 6 lbs. Which of these foams would you recommend? The stock foams are to soft for me. Thanks
smill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 04:27 PM   #32
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by smill View Post
I have a scx10 dingo, running mayhem slammerz 1.9 and the stock ripsaw tires. It weighs in just under 6 lbs. Which of these foams would you recommend? The stock foams are to soft for me. Thanks

4.25" Lil Nova Foam Pair

Soft Outer Front (narrow outer to 1.75" width)

Medium Outer Rear (narrow outer to 1.75" width)
Old 05-22-2012, 04:35 PM   #33

Thank you
smill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 04:40 PM   #34

recently put the 4.75 foams in a set of cut and shut 2.2 to 1.9 proline tsls. 12lb rig, med fronts, firm rears.

when i first got them in and the beadlocks put together i thought they were waaaay too stiff. but that was comparing them to normal foams. once on the trail i was going places wraiths with the big 2.2 iroks were going.

darn nice foams. i dig how they fill out the sidewalls and give the tire shape. very stable on sidehills. higher speed stuff is drastically better as well.

very nice product. cant wait to get the double dueces put in my iroks.
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 05:22 PM   #35
RCC Addict

I want to bring my 5.40" 2.2 Proline TSL SX's back to life and have them compete against everyone with the Irok's. 8lb rig.

Tell me what to order!
Die-Laughing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 03:02 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Die-Laughing View Post
I want to bring my 5.40" 2.2 Proline TSL SX's back to life and have them compete against everyone with the Irok's. 8lb rig.

Tell me what to order!
you would need the double dueces (2.2), not the lil novas (1.9).
badhoopty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 09:07 AM   #37
Quarry Creeper

Great product, picked up a set for my 1.9 Yota Truggy. When I was installing them thought they would be to stiff however after running them a couple time they work great. Thanks
diggerj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2012, 09:11 AM   #38
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggerj View Post
Great product, picked up a set for my 1.9 Yota Truggy. When I was installing them thought they would be to stiff however after running them a couple time they work great. Thanks

Thank you for your feedback. The foams definitely have a break in period. They start to settle in after 8 - 10 battery packs or so. Please post up your set up so we can compile information about what is working.
Old 05-25-2012, 08:07 PM   #39
Quarry Creeper

The rig is a Modified Scx10 with custom round rod truggy bed with Tamiya Toyota cab, linked front and rear with pro-line scaler shocks right now weight on the rig is 7.5 lbs..
Running RC4wd Rok Lok's with inner rib ground off and mounted to Mayhem Eng. 1.9 beadlocks using the medium height foams uncut at this point. Front rims have 3oz. of weight each and using the soft outer foams, rear rims have 2oz. of weight and am using the medium outer foams.
This is not a comp rig, just a trail truck however it does get around pretty good. Compared to memory foam I was using before this set up it now side hills 50% better if not more, turning with the weight of the truck on the front end is night and day do to more side wall support allowing the tire to hold it shape more consistently. Steep vertical climbs have improved and I believe will improve more once the foam breaks in.
diggerj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2012, 05:49 PM   #40
E.Y. Designs

Are you able to make 4.25" single stage foams for 4.25" Rovers?
EverettY is offline   Reply With Quote

*_* C.I.'s Lil' Nova Closed Cell Competition Ready 1.9 Dual Stage Foams *_* - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crawler Innovations Proto type 4.75 Dual Stage Lil' Nova Foams for Scale Crawlers Nova's Ark Tires and Wheels 103 02-24-2020 01:01 PM
*_* C.I.'s Double Deuce Closed Cell Competition Ready Dual Stage Foams *_* Nova's Ark Crawler Innovations 295 10-26-2018 10:55 AM
*_* C.I.'s Super Nova Closed Cell Competition Ready Dual Stage Foams *_* Nova's Ark Crawler Innovations 14 05-22-2014 06:13 PM
Deuce Nova's and Lil Nova's Dual stage foams! bigflex Tires and Wheels 6 10-06-2009 10:50 PM