Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Crawler Innovations

Notices

Thread: *_* C.I.'s Lil' Nova Closed Cell Competition Ready 1.9 Dual Stage Foams *_*

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-05-2012, 06:02 PM   #61
Rock Crawler

Default Re: *_* C.I.'s Lil' Nova Closed Cell Competition Ready 1.9 Dual Stage Foams *_*

I wanna try some "good" foams on my scaler, so here's the break down.

9.5lbs
1.9 Pitbulls on stock Axial B/L wheels with 3oz weigh in each wheel
Used for trail running so sees slow/medium speeds.
cutlaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-2012, 11:36 AM   #62
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Default Re: *_* C.I.'s Lil' Nova Closed Cell Competition Ready 1.9 Dual Stage Foams *_*

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutlaSS View Post
I wanna try some "good" foams on my scaler, so here's the break down.

9.5lbs
1.9 Pitbulls on stock Axial B/L wheels with 3oz weigh in each wheel
Used for trail running so sees slow/medium speeds.

4.50" Lil Nova Foams
Medium Outer Front (outer narrowed to 1.75" width)
Firm Outer Rear (outer narrowed to 1.75" width)

It is generally up to the customer to modify the foams to fit their wheels. As a manufacturer I can't account for every wheel, there are too many variations.

I recommend a drum sander attachment in a dremel to enlarge the closed cell foam inner diameter to fit your wheel. I do NOT recommend stretching the closed cell foam over your weights. The foam will stretch and loses it reactive characteristics.

If you are unable to modify the foams yourself, I could make you a custom set for an additional fee.
Nova's Ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 04:28 PM   #63
Quarry Creeper

Just pulled the trigger on some 4.5" foams for my PitBulls.
wally101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 08:29 AM   #64
I wanna be Dave

I have a 7.5lb rig with most weight up front, I have the 4.50 lil Nova foams now.. tho the wheels I pulled them off of were bigger an the foams have been wet, so they are stretched an broke down(the closed cell inner is only .25" thick amymore).. it's used for trail an crawling, i like a soft setup.. the wheels however. Are internal beadlock from rc4wd Cherokee limited mesh wheels, they are. 96" wide.. i think that is outside to outside.. what do ya got for me? Oh, I run a 35t HH on 3s for crawling, cause of less weight, an a 2200 4s for trail, g6, poker/dash runs.... mmmm power!
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2012, 06:40 PM   #65
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally101 View Post
Just pulled the trigger on some 4.5" foams for my PitBulls.
Thank you. Your order has shipped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnerone23 View Post
I have a 7.5lb rig with most weight up front, I have the 4.50 lil Nova foams now.. tho the wheels I pulled them off of were bigger an the foams have been wet, so they are stretched an broke down(the closed cell inner is only .25" thick amymore).. it's used for trail an crawling, i like a soft setup.. the wheels however. Are internal beadlock from rc4wd Cherokee limited mesh wheels, they are. 96" wide.. i think that is outside to outside.. what do ya got for me? Oh, I run a 35t HH on 3s for crawling, cause of less weight, an a 2200 4s for trail, g6, poker/dash runs.... mmmm power!
I did not quite catch your exact question. The outer foams can be revitalized by putting them in the oven. Here is a link:

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/crawl...ml#post3727229

The outer foams are available separately if you only need them.
Old 08-22-2012, 07:54 AM   #66
I wanna be Dave

What the best foam setup is? I think I found one tho... I actually used CI single stage foams between the closed cell of the lil Nova's an the wheel.. I now have a CI three stage foam... Lol .. it is very nice for side hill an still bites great! It's not as flat tire looking as was but very nice so far.
Is there a way to bring the inner closed cell foams back to life?
winnerone23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2012, 07:40 PM   #67
Going Fast

Ready for another set of C.I foams!

Truck weight 8.5 lbs (very front heavy)
Used for crawling, but has speed too
rc4wd 1.9 iroks x2ss compound for the front tires
rc4wd 1.9 boggers x3 compound with all the little lugs cut, for the rear tires
1 inch wheel width

So which foams will I order?
mud digger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 06:00 PM   #68
Quarry Creeper

Will these work with stock Axial 1.9" NON beadlock rims?Thanks
wheelstoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2012, 05:30 PM   #69
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnerone23 View Post
What the best foam setup is? I think I found one tho... I actually used CI single stage foams between the closed cell of the lil Nova's an the wheel.. I now have a CI three stage foam... Lol .. it is very nice for side hill an still bites great! It's not as flat tire looking as was but very nice so far.
Is there a way to bring the inner closed cell foams back to life?
I'm glad you found something you like.
I am not aware of a way to revive closed cell like conventional foam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mud digger View Post
Ready for another set of C.I foams!

Truck weight 8.5 lbs (very front heavy)
Used for crawling, but has speed too
rc4wd 1.9 iroks x2ss compound for the front tires
rc4wd 1.9 boggers x3 compound with all the little lugs cut, for the rear tires
1 inch wheel width

So which foams will I order?
Email replied to. Thank you and good luck at Scale Nats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelstoo View Post
Will these work with stock Axial 1.9" NON beadlock rims?Thanks
Yes.
Old 09-04-2012, 06:53 PM   #70
Rock Crawler

Just a heads up these foams do not like to be boiled... So if your gluing your tires and foams to wheels. Expect them to stay.
jthellfire911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:15 PM   #71
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

The 1.9 Dual Stage Foams are sold out and have been removed from the web site. I expect more stock in three weeks.
Old 09-04-2012, 08:35 PM   #72
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova's Ark View Post
The 1.9 Dual Stage Foams are sold out and have been removed from the web site. I expect more stock in three weeks.
Damn, just as I went to order new foams. Lol..
jthellfire911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:11 PM   #73
Quarry Creeper

Well looks like I ordered the last set. Got these in the mail yesterday. First things first I got GREAT costumer service! Thanks again.On to the pics.
before

after

Takes a little work to git them in and OMG! thats a lot of screws. Sorry need to learn how to take photos.

Two down I'm going too need more beer.

Will let you know how they work outside tomorrow.
Mt.Dew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2012, 10:01 AM   #74
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mt.Dew View Post
Well looks like I ordered the last set. Got these in the mail yesterday. First things first I got GREAT costumer service! Thanks again.On to the pics.
before

after

Takes a little work to git them in and OMG! thats a lot of screws. Sorry need to learn how to take photos.

Will let you know how they work outside tomorrow.
Thank you for your pictures! I enjoy receiving the feedback. How did they perform for you?
Old 09-19-2012, 06:35 AM   #75
Rock Crawler

I believe in the Close Cell foams so much....I'm getting ready to order for a third time in week-n-half! Just doing my part to keep usps in business.

Do have two questions though Eddie...

1. May be dumb on my part , but didn't see it confirmed anywhere on this thread or your site......for the 1.9 closed cell's, do you just order/use the 5.0 outer foams (from 2.2 section)?

2. On a Wraith, set up more for rock racing.....would/do you suggest leaning toward the taller end, for the inners, that would normally fit/be suggested for particular tire (2.2 closed cell)?

Thanks for the great product and lighting fast shipping!
BC Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 08:48 AM   #76
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC Racing View Post
I believe in the Close Cell foams so much....I'm getting ready to order for a third time in week-n-half! Just doing my part to keep usps in business.

Do have two questions though Eddie...

1. May be dumb on my part , but didn't see it confirmed anywhere on this thread or your site......for the 1.9 closed cell's, do you just order/use the 5.0 outer foams (from 2.2 section)?

2. On a Wraith, set up more for rock racing.....would/do you suggest leaning toward the taller end, for the inners, that would normally fit/be suggested for particular tire (2.2 closed cell)?

Thanks for the great product and lighting fast shipping!
1. No, the 5.0 Outers are Double Deuce Size and have a different I.D.
The Lil' Nova outers have a small I.D. and overall thickness. I am out of stock of the 1.9 outer foams still which is why they are not listed on the web site.

2. I always suggest a 2.2 for a Wraith. The 2.2 wheel has multiple brands of larger tires to choose from which are better suited for the wraith wheelbase.
Recommend outer foams for a Rock Racing set up:
Larger Closed Cell Inner with Medium outer in front
Larger Closed Cell Inner with Firm outer in rear
Old 09-19-2012, 11:38 AM   #77
Rock Crawler

Quote:
1. No, the 5.0 Outers are Double Deuce Size and have a different I.D.
The Lil' Nova outers have a small I.D. and overall thickness. I am out of stock of the 1.9 outer foams still which is why they are not listed on the web site. Ahhh..thats why I was confused on your site. I'll keep my eye on them being restocked.

2. I always suggest a 2.2 for a Wraith. The 2.2 wheel has multiple brands of larger tires to choose from which are better suited for the wraith wheelbase.
Recommend outer foams for a Rock Racing set up:
Larger Closed Cell Inner with Medium outer in front
Larger Closed Cell Inner with Firm outer in rear
yep yep, totally running 2.2 on the wratih...just posted it here to keep questions to one post. Your recommendation is exactly what I was planing on doing.
Thank you sir....
Old 09-28-2012, 08:09 PM   #78
RCC Addict

ETA on stock for Lil' Novas?
Big Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 10:59 AM   #79
Quarry Creeper

It's been several months ago that I got 2 sets of 1.9 dual stage foams. I wanted to let everyone know that they are fantastic. It is an upgrade where you don't think, "I guess it's better"... it is a huge difference. You will notice right away. The grip my IROKs get is night and day different with the CI foams. They are soft and grippy while still being strong and supportive. The Baja Claw TTCs are also much improved. They aren't as good as the IROKs but that's the tire being way to stiff, not the foams. The CI foams also helped the Claws out a great deal as well. Again soft at the tread of the tire and firm at the sidewall.

As others have said the customer service is top notch. I messaged my tires/wheel sizes with my order and my foams were labeled front/rear and for each tire.

If you are wondering what to buy, just ask and you will be taken care of! I got foams a bit smaller than the tire they were intended for. i.e. 4.25" foams for 4.5" tire. Also I was setup with soft outers up front and medium outers in the rear. My trucks are 7-8 lb scalers. Hope this helps!

Buy these foams, they are well worth it!
hibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 07:16 PM   #80
Rock Crawler

Quote:
How we looking??

*_* C.I.'s Lil' Nova Closed Cell Competition Ready 1.9 Dual Stage Foams *_* - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crawler Innovations Proto type 4.75 Dual Stage Lil' Nova Foams for Scale Crawlers Nova's Ark Tires and Wheels 103 02-24-2020 01:01 PM
*_* C.I.'s Double Deuce Closed Cell Competition Ready Dual Stage Foams *_* Nova's Ark Crawler Innovations 295 10-26-2018 10:55 AM
*_* C.I.'s Super Nova Closed Cell Competition Ready Dual Stage Foams *_* Nova's Ark Crawler Innovations 14 05-22-2014 06:13 PM
Deuce Nova's and Lil Nova's Dual stage foams! bigflex Tires and Wheels 6 10-06-2009 10:50 PM