Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Crawler Innovations

Notices

Thread: *_* C.I.'s Lil' Nova Closed Cell Competition Ready 1.9 Dual Stage Foams *_*

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2012, 10:12 AM   #81
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Default Re: *_* C.I.'s Lil' Nova Closed Cell Competition Ready 1.9 Dual Stage Foams *_*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Daddy View Post
ETA on stock for Lil' Novas?
In stock today

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibbs View Post
It's been several months ago that I got 2 sets of 1.9 dual stage foams. I wanted to let everyone know that they are fantastic. It is an upgrade where you don't think, "I guess it's better"... it is a huge difference. You will notice right away. The grip my IROKs get is night and day different with the CI foams. They are soft and grippy while still being strong and supportive. The Baja Claw TTCs are also much improved. They aren't as good as the IROKs but that's the tire being way to stiff, not the foams. The CI foams also helped the Claws out a great deal as well. Again soft at the tread of the tire and firm at the sidewall.

As others have said the customer service is top notch. I messaged my tires/wheel sizes with my order and my foams were labeled front/rear and for each tire.

If you are wondering what to buy, just ask and you will be taken care of! I got foams a bit smaller than the tire they were intended for. i.e. 4.25" foams for 4.5" tire. Also I was setup with soft outers up front and medium outers in the rear. My trucks are 7-8 lb scalers. Hope this helps!

Buy these foams, they are well worth it!
Thank you so much for your review and recommendations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BC Racing View Post
How we looking??
In stock today
Nova's Ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2012, 12:24 PM   #82
RCC Addict

Default Re: *_* C.I.'s Lil' Nova Closed Cell Competition Ready 1.9 Dual Stage Foams *_*

Just ordered mine! Been waiting for these. Gonna order more soon for my pitbulls too!
kaneohecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 09:51 PM   #83
RCC Addict

Just ordered mine too. Hoping this is what the Pit Bulls need to work to their potential.
Big Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 05:19 PM   #84
Quarry Creeper

Finally got a chance to get out and play today. The dual stage foams made a Huge difference.

No flat tires anymore.

I would recommend these to anyone.

Last edited by Mt.Dew; 10-07-2012 at 05:22 PM.
Mt.Dew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 04:48 AM   #85
REST IN ALOHA CHIP

Eddie thanks again for all of your help! Greatly appreciated, you have earned my respect! Crawler Innovations has the best service in town!
Customer for liffe
YoUnG_vErSiOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 08:22 PM   #86
Rock Crawler

Thanks for the extras Eddie....coincidentally have a trailer build going now that will be running 1.55's Very nice!
BC Racing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 01:23 PM   #87
I wanna be Dave

PM sent on monday.......
DISTURBIN' tha PEACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2012, 03:49 PM   #88
RCC Addict

Got mine yest. Super nice. Gonna order the 4.25's for the pitbulls the 4.5 are a little big. But great none the less
kaneohecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 03:33 PM   #89
RCC Addict

Got mine installed on the pitbulls. Did a run today, the 4.5's are tough to mount but they work very well. Much better than the 2.2 Panther foams I had in them.

If I would have been able to make this off-camber it would have been riding on the beadlocks before. Held it good now.

In this gap-

I was happy with how the tire would give just enough to keep a bite on the side.

The set up that Eddie recommended was just what these tires needed. At first I was thinking the medium front outers were going to be too soft but once everything got buttoned up they feel very good.

Thanks for the great product.
Big Daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 09:10 PM   #90
Pebble Pounder

Just ordered a full set for my rig! Thanks again for great foams. I run the double deuce foams in my XR10 and they are amazing. Order 4.5 lil nova foams for my dingo with Pitbulls. Medium fronts with firm rears. rig is rather heavy so that setup should work great. Thanks Eddie
waterboij23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 06:00 PM   #91
Quarry Creeper

Amazing customer service and shipping. Thanks Eddie!

Just installed the 4.5" soft front / med rear Lil Nova's in my 1.9 Iroks on RC4WD steelies. Is this set up supposed to be so stiff?

Tires are way stiffer then with the stock foams.
Hobine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 08:31 AM   #92
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hobine View Post
Amazing customer service and shipping. Thanks Eddie!

Just installed the 4.5" soft front / med rear Lil Nova's in my 1.9 Iroks on RC4WD steelies. Is this set up supposed to be so stiff?

Tires are way stiffer then with the stock foams.

They will be stiff for the first 5 - 8 battery packs. They need to be broken in.

How much does your truck weigh?
Which compound tires do you have?
Old 11-26-2012, 09:03 AM   #93
Quarry Creeper

How much does your truck weigh? - Its probably around 6 lbs. Never weighed it, but I will when I get home tonight.

Which compound tires do you have? - They're pretty new IROKS (around 1.5 months old). When I bought them I was expecting the X2SS compound but I think they're X3. They really dont feel any different then some of my older RC4WD tires. I did sand off the inner rib before installing the new foams and vented the tire in 3 spots.
Old 11-26-2012, 09:15 AM   #94
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Quote:
How much does your truck weigh? - Its probably around 6 lbs. Never weighed it, but I will when I get home tonight.

Which compound tires do you have? - They're pretty new IROKS (around 1.5 months old). When I bought them I was expecting the X2SS compound but I think they're X3. They really dont feel any different then some of my older RC4WD tires. I did sand off the inner rib before installing the new foams and vented the tire in 3 spots.

At only 6 pounds in weight and with a fairly stiff tire, the 4.25" might be better. All of the Lil Nova Dual Stage foams use the same size outer. It's the three inners that are different heights. Basically, the heavier the truck, the taller the inner you want to use. I use the 4.50" in Pitbulls on a 8 pound jeep.

Edit:
Tuning tip: The closed cell inner can be trimmed, shaped or channeled in order to soften it. If you need more forward bite, a small 1/8" - 1/4" deep channel in the closed inner will accomplish that. It will also soften the overall feel of the tire.

Last edited by Nova's Ark; 11-26-2012 at 09:19 AM. Reason: Added information
Old 11-26-2012, 02:46 PM   #95
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova's Ark View Post
At only 6 pounds in weight and with a fairly stiff tire, the 4.25" might be better. All of the Lil Nova Dual Stage foams use the same size outer. It's the three inners that are different heights. Basically, the heavier the truck, the taller the inner you want to use. I use the 4.50" in Pitbulls on a 8 pound jeep.

Edit:
Tuning tip: The closed cell inner can be trimmed, shaped or channeled in order to soften it. If you need more forward bite, a small 1/8" - 1/4" deep channel in the closed inner will accomplish that. It will also soften the overall feel of the tire.
The weight of the truck comes in at 5.9 lbs without the battery and 6.5 lbs with. No weight in the wheels, not quite sure how you would do that with steelies.

I didn't trim down the outer foams at all, wonder if that would help too.

Thanks for the help Eddie, CI rocks!
Old 11-26-2012, 02:53 PM   #96
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Quote:
The weight of the truck comes in at 5.9 lbs without the battery and 6.5 lbs with. No weight in the wheels, not quite sure how you would do that with steelies.

I didn't trim down the outer foams at all, wonder if that would help too.

Thanks for the help Eddie, CI rocks!
The new 1.9 outer foams are now narrower from the factory. I would not narrow them myself. You either need to tune the inner foams or step down in size on the inners based on your weight.
Old 11-26-2012, 06:41 PM   #97
I wanna be Dave

Any plan to make some for the new 4.19x1.55 Pitbull tire?
DISTURBIN' tha PEACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 07:15 PM   #98
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by DISTURBIN' tha PEACE View Post
Any plan to make some for the new 4.19x1.55 Pitbull tire?
Yes. Once I have the tires in stock I will get started on a 1.55". I'm waiting for the new 2.2 and 1.9 to come back in stock. I'm being told it will be 12/15 or so.
Old 11-27-2012, 07:28 AM   #99
I wanna be Dave

what???
12/15/12??

it keeps getn pushed back....arrrgaghgaha
ROLANDROCKSHOP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 09:50 AM   #100
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROLANDROCKSHOP View Post
what???
12/15/12??

it keeps getn pushed back....arrrgaghgaha
Yes, 12/15/2012. Around that time is when the tires are expected to be in the Pitbull warehouse. They still have to ship to dealers from there. C.I. will have PitBull tires w/ C.I. Foams Combos available on the web site.

*_* C.I.'s Lil' Nova Closed Cell Competition Ready 1.9 Dual Stage Foams *_* - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crawler Innovations Proto type 4.75 Dual Stage Lil' Nova Foams for Scale Crawlers Nova's Ark Tires and Wheels 103 02-24-2020 01:01 PM
*_* C.I.'s Double Deuce Closed Cell Competition Ready Dual Stage Foams *_* Nova's Ark Crawler Innovations 295 10-26-2018 10:55 AM
*_* C.I.'s Super Nova Closed Cell Competition Ready Dual Stage Foams *_* Nova's Ark Crawler Innovations 14 05-22-2014 06:13 PM
Deuce Nova's and Lil Nova's Dual stage foams! bigflex Tires and Wheels 6 10-06-2009 10:50 PM