Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Crawler Innovations

Notices

Thread: *_* C.I.'s Lil' Nova Closed Cell Competition Ready 1.9 Dual Stage Foams *_*

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2012, 03:24 PM   #101
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: *_* C.I.'s Lil' Nova Closed Cell Competition Ready 1.9 Dual Stage Foams *_*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova's Ark View Post
Yes. Once I have the tires in stock I will get started on a 1.55". I'm waiting for the new 2.2 and 1.9 to come back in stock. I'm being told it will be 12/15 or so.
DISTURBIN' tha PEACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-26-2013, 10:44 AM   #102
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: *_* C.I.'s Lil' Nova Closed Cell Competition Ready 1.9 Dual Stage Foams *_*

Crawler Innovations,

I'm planning to order several sets of foams from you soon. I need 1.55, 1.9 and 2.2s.

I noticed you sell combo pitbull 1.9s with 2 stage foams. Perfect! My question is this: Can I get that combo without holes in the tires?

I realize you do this for performance, but I'd prefer no holes if that is possible.

Thank you sir,

Your products and your service are top notch. My last set of 1.9 foams changed my life. My hilux has never been so dialed!
hibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 04:41 PM   #103
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibbs View Post
Crawler Innovations,

I'm planning to order several sets of foams from you soon. I need 1.55, 1.9 and 2.2s.

I noticed you sell combo pitbull 1.9s with 2 stage foams. Perfect! My question is this: Can I get that combo without holes in the tires?

I realize you do this for performance, but I'd prefer no holes if that is possible.

Thank you sir,

Your products and your service are top notch. My last set of 1.9 foams changed my life. My hilux has never been so dialed!
If you don't want tire venting than write that in the customer notes in your purchase order during check out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nova's Ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2013, 08:06 PM   #104
Pebble Pounder

Ok, need some foams..
1.9 GearHead Trail kings
1.9 Pitbulls
Scx10 Truggy
8.5lb
Speed, bashing, and some comp crawling..lol
Thanks
Big Worm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 11:27 AM   #105
Quarry Creeper

just bought some lil novas from you. got them this week. fast shipping. really nice foams. best ive seen yet. my qeustion is im stuffing them into rc4wd mtz's with gmade stock style rims. (white 6 lug style) i have lead wrapped around the outer locking rim (inside the tire) and i want to know if ill need to trim any for proper fitment? i dotn want to stretch them over the lead i want them to work as designed. als the tire is pretty narrow and a tad shorter than 4.25 they are 4.19 (c1 legal) will i need to trim any of the width or height. just asking as i dont wan to cram them in and have them not work properly. look foreward to your answer. (i cant post pics but could email them to you if you need to see what im talking about) thanks, doug g.

edit, read thru the entire thread and found the info i needed. will dremmel to make fit and narrow the outer foam to 1.75" lots of good info in here.

Last edited by dragonracing; 01-27-2013 at 01:59 PM.
dragonracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:29 PM   #106
Quarry Creeper

comped with them last weekend. 8.5 lb rig. held up awesome. tire wont fold in a turn, or on side hills. did really well considering i had issues with my short wheelbase and climbing steep grades. other than that i really love these foams. huge improvement over stock rc4wd foams. they are rollin in mickey thompson mtz's. thanks for the killer foams!
Old 03-02-2013, 11:41 PM   #107
Quarry Creeper

wow man. i gotta say. superb cust service. neither of us thought that the foams would arrive till monday and they showed sat afternoon. fast shipping and thanks for the freebies. ill order another set soon. props to C.I.!!!
Old 04-23-2013, 08:27 AM   #108
Quarry Creeper

8-9lbs, slightly heavier up front
1.9 proline tsl's wrapped around 1.9 OMF's
Trail rig

Dial me in please!
Duxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:18 AM   #109
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duxx View Post
8-9lbs, slightly heavier up front
1.9 proline tsl's wrapped around 1.9 OMF's
Trail rig

Dial me in please!

The 1.9 Pro-Line TSL's are tiny. The only inner that properly fits in the small tire is the 4.25" Lil' Nova.

Your guesstimate of 8 - 9 pounds is a big weight window, so I can only guesstimate and the 4.25" with medium outer front and firm outer rear.

It is going to be very tough to mount, so be prepared. It might be nice to have CA glue on hand to spot glue the tire to the bead while you screw it together. If you have any stick on lead weight increasing the outside diameter of the VP wheel, you will have to clearance the foam to fit. Do not stretch the foam over any lead weight because it will increases the inside diameter and the tire will not perform correctly.
Old 04-24-2013, 08:50 AM   #110
RCC Addict

Just placed my order for a set of mediums for my 1.9 Iroks.

In regards to trimming, does it need to be done only if you use sticky weights?
Shinjari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 10:19 AM   #111
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinjari View Post
Just placed my order for a set of mediums for my 1.9 Iroks.

In regards to trimming, does it need to be done only if you use sticky weights?

Depends on the wheel.

There is no standard 1.9 or 2.2 bead lock wheel. Every manufacturer makes their own design. I used VP wheels as the bench mark for my foam designs. If you have to stretch the foam to get it on the bead lock, then you need to trim the foam. If you stretch the foam, you are increasing the Outside Diameter and it will not perform as designed. The foam should slide over the bead lock wheel relatively easy. The fit and feel should be snug.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:16 PM   #112
Rock Crawler

ok i just got the foams today wow look pretty cool I have pbs and attempting on mounting them up on my steelies which i know its possible even without the special spacer people use anyways I over cut one foam and now it looks to narrow somone told me to cut it to fit better I screwed up I know should have left it alone I do have the little nova meduim so i tried putting my super soft memory foam over it and it works great lol ill try it and see what happens it actually helps with mounting the bead better because the tire stretches better o well if dont work ill get a new soft foam... Awsome design
zion23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:44 PM   #113
Quarry Creeper

Quote:

The 1.9 Pro-Line TSL's are tiny. The only inner that properly fits in the small tire is the 4.25" Lil' Nova.

Your guesstimate of 8 - 9 pounds is a big weight window, so I can only guesstimate and the 4.25" with medium outer front and firm outer rear.

It is going to be very tough to mount, so be prepared. It might be nice to have CA glue on hand to spot glue the tire to the bead while you screw it together. If you have any stick on lead weight increasing the outside diameter of the VP wheel, you will have to clearance the foam to fit. Do not stretch the foam over any lead weight because it will increases the inside diameter and the tire will not perform correctly.
What about a custom set? Something to give the face of the tire a wider look. Meaning a foam that would be wider around the outside. I also emailed you about a custom set of wider inner rings for some OMF's to help achieve the same effect.

Scale beer cans, now that's the schlitz!
Duxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 09:13 PM   #114
Pebble Pounder

Quote:

It is generally up to the customer to modify the foams to fit their wheels. As a manufacturer I can't account for every wheel, there are too many variations.

I recommend a drum sander attachment in a dremel to enlarge the closed cell foam inner diameter to fit your wheel. I do NOT recommend stretching the closed cell foam over your weights. The foam will stretch and loses it reactive characteristics. .....
^^^ I knew the answer had to be in this thread somewhere

I installed my foams over my wheels with one wrap of lead around the rim. Big mistake! The foams would slip to one or the other side of the weight ring causing the tire to severely warp and become messed up.

I figured this must be a common issue and the answer must be here somewhere. I shaved a groove in the inner foam for the ring of lead weights using the technique described above. Problem solved!
cox308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 02:42 PM   #115
RCC Addict

What set are people running for trepadors? they are pretty narrow compared to pits/iroks and I had to 'stuff' the foams in those tires.
Old 05-28-2013, 09:58 AM   #116
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinjari View Post
What set are people running for trepadors? they are pretty narrow compared to pits/iroks and I had to 'stuff' the foams in those tires.

I have some Axial Trepadors in stock (finally, getting Axial product is almost like pulling teeth now. HEY AXIAL, I THOUGHT THE HOBBICO BUY OUT WAS SUPPOSE TO MAKE YOUR PRODUCTS EASIER TO GET?!?!?!?)... but anyways... back to your question

If your crawler weighs 6 pounds or less (roughly what a stock RTR weighs), I recommend:

4.25" Lil Nova Foams

If used for rock crawling: Soft outer Front / Medium outer rear
If used for trail riding: Medium outer Front / Firm Outer Rear

If your crawler weighs 6 pounds & heavier (you've added steel bumpers, steel sliders, aluminum wheels, aluminum axle housings, metal/tube work,etc.) I recommend:

4.50" Lil Nova Foams

If used for rock crawling: Soft outer Front / Medium outer rear
If used for trail riding: Medium outer Front / Firm Outer Rear

The Trepador tire carcass is pretty thick with sidewall ribbing and big thick tire lugs. Since the tire is on the thicker / heavier side, a smaller foam size works better.
Old 06-01-2013, 03:50 AM   #117
I joined the Band!

Dang Gone I knew I should have read this thread before I ordered the 4.5 for my Trepadors!
Installed them yesterday and the outers seamed to bunch up. I can use the 4.5 in my Swampers.
So OK 4.25 Order on the way.
HMM? Why do you recommend medium or firm for the rears? Most of my rigs are heavier up front. Should I reverse this with Soft in the rears?
Cpt Nemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2013, 03:19 PM   #118
Quarry Creeper

Receive my foams today, seems like awesome quality product. I got some 4.5 in medium to fit in my IROK's. Cant wait to try them out. Thank you or the decals also.
french_connection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 05:48 PM   #119
I joined the Band!

Got my 4.25s today and Yep that was the ticket. Like much better than the 4.5s in my Trapawhores.
Cpt Nemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2013, 09:49 PM   #120
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt Nemo View Post
Got my 4.25s today and Yep that was the ticket. Like much better than the 4.5s in my Trapawhores.
Nemo what density did you get? soft/med/firm?

*_* C.I.'s Lil' Nova Closed Cell Competition Ready 1.9 Dual Stage Foams *_* - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crawler Innovations Proto type 4.75 Dual Stage Lil' Nova Foams for Scale Crawlers Nova's Ark Tires and Wheels 103 02-24-2020 01:01 PM
*_* C.I.'s Double Deuce Closed Cell Competition Ready Dual Stage Foams *_* Nova's Ark Crawler Innovations 295 10-26-2018 10:55 AM
*_* C.I.'s Super Nova Closed Cell Competition Ready Dual Stage Foams *_* Nova's Ark Crawler Innovations 14 05-22-2014 06:13 PM
Deuce Nova's and Lil Nova's Dual stage foams! bigflex Tires and Wheels 6 10-06-2009 10:50 PM