Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Crawler Innovations
Loading

Notices

Thread: *_* C.I.'s Lil' Nova Closed Cell Competition Ready 1.9 Dual Stage Foams *_*

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2017, 08:54 AM   #161
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: US
Posts: 8
Default Re: *_* C.I.'s Lil' Nova Closed Cell Competition Ready 1.9 Dual Stage Foams *_*

Thanks!
electrichead is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-2017, 12:13 PM   #162
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Spain
Posts: 19
Default Re: *_* C.I.'s Lil' Nova Closed Cell Competition Ready 1.9 Dual Stage Foams *_*

Hi, for a Traxxas TRX-4 with Rock Beast XL you recommend me 4.50" or 4.75"?

Thanks!
sylvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 07:27 AM   #163
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire
 
Nova's Ark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: C.I. Compound, Tyler, Texas
Posts: 5,419
Default Re: *_* C.I.'s Lil' Nova Closed Cell Competition Ready 1.9 Dual Stage Foams *_*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvan View Post
Hi, for a Traxxas TRX-4 with Rock Beast XL you recommend me 4.50" or 4.75"?

Thanks!
What are you planning to use the TRX4 for? Rock crawling, trailing, or bashing? Have you added any weight to it or changed the body?

I have found that 4.50" Tall Tires work better on the TRX4 due to the high center of gravity the truck has. I use the standard height 1.9 rock beast on my TRX4.
Nova's Ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 02:09 PM   #164
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Spain
Posts: 19
Default Re: *_* C.I.'s Lil' Nova Closed Cell Competition Ready 1.9 Dual Stage Foams *_*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova's Ark View Post
What are you planning to use the TRX4 for? Rock crawling, trailing, or bashing? Have you added any weight to it or changed the body?

I have found that 4.50" Tall Tires work better on the TRX4 due to the high center of gravity the truck has. I use the standard height 1.9 rock beast on my TRX4.
Hi, I use my crawlers 75% for rock crawling and 25% for trailing, always away from water. The body is the stock without extra tire and accessories. Do you think the Rock Beast with 4.50" Lil Nova can work better than the Rock Beast XL?

Thanks!
sylvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2017, 02:15 PM   #165
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire
 
Nova's Ark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: C.I. Compound, Tyler, Texas
Posts: 5,419
Default Re: *_* C.I.'s Lil' Nova Closed Cell Competition Ready 1.9 Dual Stage Foams *_*

Quote:
Originally Posted by sylvan View Post
Hi, I use my crawlers 75% for rock crawling and 25% for trailing, always away from water. The body is the stock without extra tire and accessories. Do you think the Rock Beast with 4.50" Lil Nova can work better than the Rock Beast XL?

Thanks!
Yes. My recommendation for the TRX4 is the standard height Rock Beast. The portals already have plenty of ground clearance. Raising the TRX4 higher will only increases the height of the center of gravity making it more top heavy and difficult to side hill.

I am using the Standard height Pitbull 1.9 Rock Beast in the original compound on CI's TRX4 with CWR-2024 front and CWR-2025 rear (4.50 Lil Nova Comp Cuts).
Nova's Ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 07:47 AM   #166
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: Spain
Posts: 19
Default Re: *_* C.I.'s Lil' Nova Closed Cell Competition Ready 1.9 Dual Stage Foams *_*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova's Ark View Post
Yes. My recommendation for the TRX4 is the standard height Rock Beast. The portals already have plenty of ground clearance. Raising the TRX4 higher will only increases the height of the center of gravity making it more top heavy and difficult to side hill.

I am using the Standard height Pitbull 1.9 Rock Beast in the original compound on CI's TRX4 with CWR-2024 front and CWR-2025 rear (4.50 Lil Nova Comp Cuts).
Thank you very much, I buy the Rock Beast original with the foams #2024 and #2025.
sylvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 09:46 AM   #167
Pebble Pounder
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: United States
Posts: 169
Default Re: *_* C.I.'s Lil' Nova Closed Cell Competition Ready 1.9 Dual Stage Foams *_*

Not sure if anyone else has experienced this but I am new to RC and bought a Wraith from a guy and he shipped it to me. When I got it the tires were all flat on multiple sides and when driven it bounced all over. I order new foams from CI and I was trying to figure out why tires would end up like this. If you pushed on the tire part that was not flat it puffed out another side like a vacuum inside. Then it dawned on me, he shipped from Aurora, CO and I live in Sun Lakes, AZ and the altitude was a huge difference. When I popped the head on the head locks the tires went to normal.
azTony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2017, 09:50 AM   #168
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire
 
Nova's Ark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: C.I. Compound, Tyler, Texas
Posts: 5,419
Default Re: *_* C.I.'s Lil' Nova Closed Cell Competition Ready 1.9 Dual Stage Foams *_*

Quote:
Originally Posted by azTony View Post
Not sure if anyone else has experienced this but I am new to RC and bought a Wraith from a guy and he shipped it to me. When I got it the tires were all flat on multiple sides and when driven it bounced all over. I order new foams from CI and I was trying to figure out why tires would end up like this. If you pushed on the tire part that was not flat it puffed out another side like a vacuum inside. Then it dawned on me, he shipped from Aurora, CO and I live in Sun Lakes, AZ and the altitude was a huge difference. When I popped the head on the head locks the tires went to normal.
Venting the tire is a standard procedure that should be done to all RC tires. On the inside packaging of the CI header cards, it instructs the user to vent the tire, not the rim. The closed cell is air tight and water proof. No air movement = no tire conformation to terrain surface.
Nova's Ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 10:48 AM   #169
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Meriden, CT
Posts: 44
Default Re: *_* C.I.'s Lil' Nova Closed Cell Competition Ready 1.9 Dual Stage Foams *_*

I have a custom chassis/cage, SCX10 axled rig. I am running standard rock beast 1.9 tires. Rig weighs in at 9.5 lbs fully loaded.

Probably 50/50 trailing/crawling.

Thinking the 4.75 med front and firm rear. Am I far off? The help is greatly appreciated.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Statenheimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 11:43 AM   #170
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire
 
Nova's Ark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: C.I. Compound, Tyler, Texas
Posts: 5,419
Default Re: *_* C.I.'s Lil' Nova Closed Cell Competition Ready 1.9 Dual Stage Foams *_*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Statenheimer View Post
I have a custom chassis/cage, SCX10 axled rig. I am running standard rock beast 1.9 tires. Rig weighs in at 9.5 lbs fully loaded.

Probably 50/50 trailing/crawling.

Thinking the 4.75 med front and firm rear. Am I far off? The help is greatly appreciated.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Not for standard height 1.9 RB's.
I recommend part #:

CWR-2025 front
CWR-2026 rear

Those are 4.50" Lil Nova.

Thank you.
Nova's Ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 01:23 PM   #171
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Meriden, CT
Posts: 44
Default Re: *_* C.I.'s Lil' Nova Closed Cell Competition Ready 1.9 Dual Stage Foams *_*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova's Ark View Post
Not for standard height 1.9 RB's.
I recommend part #:

CWR-2025 front
CWR-2026 rear

Those are 4.50" Lil Nova.

Thank you.
Great. Thank you for the help. I couldn't find info on the shorter tires, taller foams, hence the question. Ordering now!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
Statenheimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2017, 12:45 PM   #172
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Linthicum
Posts: 6
Default Re: *_* C.I.'s Lil' Nova Closed Cell Competition Ready 1.9 Dual Stage Foams *_*

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawlinghulls View Post
Rc4wd MTZ's 4.19 tall x 1.28 wide

Steel wheels internal headlock 1 inch wide

10.5 pound truck

SORCCA Class 1 competition scale crawling

really need a recommendation on foams

Thanks
I'm in the same boat, would love a recommendation.

The S.
Sizemore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2017, 06:22 PM   #173
Quarry Creeper
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Princeton Illinois
Posts: 477
Default Re: *_* C.I.'s Lil' Nova Closed Cell Competition Ready 1.9 Dual Stage Foams *_*

Truck is 5-6 lbs rtr..mostly used for trailing and light rocks...1.9 pitbull xors on 1.9 VP OMF...would i be wrong in using the 4.50 size foams?
chopan84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 08:22 AM   #174
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire
 
Nova's Ark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: C.I. Compound, Tyler, Texas
Posts: 5,419
Default Re: *_* C.I.'s Lil' Nova Closed Cell Competition Ready 1.9 Dual Stage Foams *_*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizemore View Post
I'm in the same boat, would love a recommendation.

The S.

The tiny tires are a new challenge. CI can provide a single stage foam for tiny tires, but it seems most customers want a dual stage. It is difficult to machine foam, let alone tiny foams. Operator safety is an issue. Also, with soo many small tires, which one do you build around? All the tire companies are now offering poor quality foams with re-inforced rubber tires. That is not the best combo for performance tuning.

CI has experimented with a few tiny tire foams over the 2017 summer and have some strong single stage designs we could offer. But with customers concerned with buying the tires w/ the foams, more americans will be out of work. CI foams are made and machined by Americans in Texas. You cannot say that about the tire and foam companies. When you buy from them, you are employing overseas labor.

My desire is to have foam options for each rc class so that CI dominates any rc crawling competition. I want my customers to have the advantage and confidence quality parts bring.
Nova's Ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 08:23 AM   #175
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire
 
Nova's Ark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: C.I. Compound, Tyler, Texas
Posts: 5,419
Default Re: *_* C.I.'s Lil' Nova Closed Cell Competition Ready 1.9 Dual Stage Foams *_*

Quote:
Originally Posted by chopan84 View Post
Truck is 5-6 lbs rtr..mostly used for trailing and light rocks...1.9 pitbull xors on 1.9 VP OMF...would i be wrong in using the 4.50 size foams?

I have no experience with those tires, but I think the 4.50 should fill them.
Thank you
Nova's Ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 11:38 PM   #176
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: San Marcos
Posts: 2
Default Re: *_* C.I.'s Lil' Nova Closed Cell Competition Ready 1.9 Dual Stage Foams *_*

I have a 8.25lb scx10ii, 75% rock crawling, 25% trail with an occasional dip in the creek. I am currently rolling on Proline KM3's in the 4.75 flavor, with chanquish beadlocks that are 1.1" width what do you suggest in the lil nova line up?

Last edited by northsandiegoRC; 08-12-2019 at 11:40 PM. Reason: Spelling and grammer
northsandiegoRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



*_* C.I.'s Lil' Nova Closed Cell Competition Ready 1.9 Dual Stage Foams *_* - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
*_* C.I.'s Double Deuce Closed Cell Competition Ready Dual Stage Foams *_* Nova's Ark Crawler Innovations 295 10-26-2018 10:55 AM
*_* C.I.'s Super Nova Closed Cell Competition Ready Dual Stage Foams *_* Nova's Ark Crawler Innovations 14 05-22-2014 06:13 PM
Crawler Innovations Proto type 4.75 Dual Stage Lil' Nova Foams for Scale Crawlers Nova's Ark Tires and Wheels 102 03-08-2012 09:05 AM
Deuce Nova's and Lil Nova's Dual stage foams! bigflex Tires and Wheels 6 10-06-2009 10:50 PM
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.
Copyright 2004-2014 RCCrawler.com