Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Crawler Innovations

Notices

Thread: *_* C.I.'s Lil' Nova Closed Cell Competition Ready 1.9 Dual Stage Foams *_*

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2012, 04:50 PM   #41
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Default Re: *_* C.I.'s Lil' Nova Closed Cell Competition Ready 1.9 Dual Stage Foams *_*

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettY View Post
Are you able to make 4.25" single stage foams for 4.25" Rovers?
Yes, I can make them but have not because there is no market for them. The single stage foam line is the slowest selling.

When I tested 4.25" Tall, 1.9, cut n shut, red dot HB Rovers I used the current 1.9 single stage Lil' Nova foams with closed cell tuning discs on a 3 pound MRC comp truck.
Nova's Ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2012, 09:52 AM   #42
Rock Crawler

Default Re: *_* C.I.'s Lil' Nova Closed Cell Competition Ready 1.9 Dual Stage Foams *_*

I could use some recommendations:
  • SCX-10 Honcho
  • DarkSoul Beadlock Wheels (they have the inner ring and use the pin weights between the beadlock rings)
  • Rig's weight is just shy of 7 pounds
  • Wheel/tire combo weighs approximately 7-7.1 oz at each corner with the respective stock foams.
I have a set of Axial R35 Ripsaws and a set of Pro-line TSL/SX Super Swampers. I want some squat, but not the tread fold-over that I'm getting.

What would you recommend for each set of tires?

Thanks for your help.
btoungette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2012, 04:44 PM   #43
Rock Crawler

I just placed and order for these foams but need/ have some questions before you fill the order. please email me. jthellfire911@yahoo.com thanks.
jthellfire911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 10:52 PM   #44
Quarry Creeper

What size foams you recommend for 1.9 Pitbulls?
natskiboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2012, 09:42 PM   #45
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by natskiboy View Post
I got the little nova 1.9 dual stage 4.5t foam pair soft in the front medium in the rear.

jthellfire911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 10:58 AM   #46
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by natskiboy View Post
How much does it weigh RTR?
How wide are the wheels?
Is it more of a crawler or trail truck?
Old 06-23-2012, 09:03 AM   #47
Quarry Creeper

P.M. sent Thanks
diggerj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2012, 09:59 AM   #48
Quarry Creeper

Am wanting to install a set of these on a TF2 that comes in at 8.5lbs.. Going to be using a set of Locked Up RC’s 1.9 bead locks that are .75 wide and running 3oz. of stick on weights on each wheel, tires will be Pro-line TSL’s in 1.9. I guess my question is which height of these foams should I use? The shortest version looks to fit height wise however are not rated for the weight of the truck. The medium height version is closer to the weight range but don’t know if they will fit such a short tire? Do I need to go with the medium height foams and cut the outers down and what width should I cut them to for good performance?
These foams work great in the truggy I’ve been running them in so would like to get a set for this truck as well. Dont mean to be complicated just want to get it right.
Old 07-04-2012, 11:59 AM   #49
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggerj View Post
Am wanting to install a set of these on a TF2 that comes in at 8.5lbs.. Going to be using a set of Locked Up RC’s 1.9 bead locks that are .75 wide and running 3oz. of stick on weights on each wheel, tires will be Pro-line TSL’s in 1.9. I guess my question is which height of these foams should I use? The shortest version looks to fit height wise however are not rated for the weight of the truck. The medium height version is closer to the weight range but don’t know if they will fit such a short tire? Do I need to go with the medium height foams and cut the outers down and what width should I cut them to for good performance?
These foams work great in the truggy I’ve been running them in so would like to get a set for this truck as well. Dont mean to be complicated just want to get it right.

Great question!

My recommendation is:

4.25T Lil' Nova Dual Stage Foam
Medium Outer - Front; Narrow the outer to 1.75" width
Firm Outer - Rear; Narrow the outer to 1.75" width

The 4.50 would be too much for a 4.25 tall tire. The only way I would use a 4.50 foam is if you channel out the center to increase forward bite.
Old 07-04-2012, 01:48 PM   #50
Quarry Creeper

Thanks, will get them ordered and leave a note in the comments about the wheels being .75 wide.
Thanks for the recomendations and a great product.
Old 07-07-2012, 02:01 PM   #51
Quarry Creeper

Foams came in today, thanks for cutting them down, inners and outers, wasn't expecting that.
Old 07-07-2012, 02:22 PM   #52
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by diggerj View Post
Foams came in today, thanks for cutting them down, inners and outers, wasn't expecting that.
You are welcome. Since I knew what they were going on when I filled your order, I went ahead and sized them for you. Thank you for your business.
- Eddie
Old 07-18-2012, 05:08 PM   #53
Quarry Creeper

I need a set of foams for 1.9 boggers, stock axial wheels, what I believe to be a 7lb rig. Thanks.
jshull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 09:29 PM   #54
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by jshull View Post
I need a set of foams for 1.9 boggers, stock axial wheels, what I believe to be a 7lb rig. Thanks.
By 1.9 boggers I assume you mean RC4WD? If so, is it the new soft compound or standard hard stuff?
The same with the weight of your truck. 1 pound can really make a difference. Often times people guess the weight of there truck as being more than what it is. Then those same people get upset when the foams they bought are too big or too stiff because the truck did not weigh what they thought.

I appreciate your question. I understand how confusing it can be to know which foams to buy. I am working on some new ideas to make choosing the foams and identifying the different densities easier.

In the meantime, lets try this format when asking for which foams to buy:

Truck Weight RTR?
Truck usage (bashing (fast) or rock crawling (slow)?
What brand manufacture tire, compound, any tire mods?
How wide are the bead locks?
Old 07-18-2012, 09:30 PM   #55
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Please use this format when asking for which foams to buy:

Truck Weight RTR?
Old 07-25-2012, 10:26 AM   #56
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova's Ark View Post
Please use this format when asking for which foams to buy:

Truck Weight RTR?

Thank you, I will get direct and specific info asap..plans have changed a bit anyway.
jshull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 11:03 AM   #57
I joined the Band!

I am running the proline titus wheels with there weight system with x2 ss iroks...truck is in the 8 lb range... can u make some inners to clear the weight rings or is that up to the customer? I would like to know what setup i would need? Thanks in advance for ur help
TNCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 07:04 PM   #58
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNCrawler View Post
I am running the proline titus wheels with there weight system with x2 ss iroks...truck is in the 8 lb range... can u make some inners to clear the weight rings or is that up to the customer? I would like to know what setup i would need? Thanks in advance for ur help

4.50" Lil Nova Foams
Medium Outer Front (outer narrowed to 1.75" width)
Firm Outer Rear (outer narrowed to 1.75" width)

It is generally up to the customer to modify the foams to fit their wheels. As a manufacturer I can't account for every wheel, there are too many variations.

I recommend a drum sander attachment in a dremel to enlarge the closed cell foam inner diameter to fit your wheel. I do NOT recommend stretching the closed cell foam over your weights. The foam will stretch and loses it reactive characteristics.

If you are unable to modify the foams yourself, I could make you a custom set for an additional fee.
Old 07-26-2012, 06:29 AM   #59
Rock Crawler

I am thinking the middle height Lil' Novas with firm outters, but I would like your opinion.

SCX10 based FJ Cruiser (hard body) - 8.1lbs RTR
Slow to medium speed crawling, 45-55t motor on 4s
1.9 pitbull rockers on stock axial beadlock wheels, with 4 oz at each corner (included in overall rig weight already)

The rig is balanced pretty well with a slight forward bias. I will also be adding a servo winch in the near future as well as a metal front bumper. It is entirely possible the rig will reach the 9 lbs mark soon. We do a little rock here, more dirt than anything if that matters at all. Any advice/input is appreciated.

Thank you

Last edited by Ramination; 07-26-2012 at 07:52 AM.
Ramination is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 02:43 PM   #60
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramination View Post
I am thinking the middle height Lil' Novas with firm outters, but I would like your opinion.

SCX10 based FJ Cruiser (hard body) - 8.1lbs RTR
Slow to medium speed crawling, 45-55t motor on 4s
1.9 pitbull rockers on stock axial beadlock wheels, with 4 oz at each corner (included in overall rig weight already)

The rig is balanced pretty well with a slight forward bias. I will also be adding a servo winch in the near future as well as a metal front bumper. It is entirely possible the rig will reach the 9 lbs mark soon. We do a little rock here, more dirt than anything if that matters at all. Any advice/input is appreciated.

Thank you

4.50" Lil Nova Foams
Medium Outer Front (outer narrowed to 1.75" width)
Firm Outer Rear (outer narrowed to 1.75" width)

It is generally up to the customer to modify the foams to fit their wheels. As a manufacturer I can't account for every wheel, there are too many variations.

I recommend a drum sander attachment in a dremel to enlarge the closed cell foam inner diameter to fit your wheel. I do NOT recommend stretching the closed cell foam over your weights. The foam will stretch and loses it reactive characteristics.

If you are unable to modify the foams yourself, I could make you a custom set for an additional fee.

*_* C.I.'s Lil' Nova Closed Cell Competition Ready 1.9 Dual Stage Foams *_* - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crawler Innovations Proto type 4.75 Dual Stage Lil' Nova Foams for Scale Crawlers Nova's Ark Tires and Wheels 103 02-24-2020 01:01 PM
*_* C.I.'s Double Deuce Closed Cell Competition Ready Dual Stage Foams *_* Nova's Ark Crawler Innovations 295 10-26-2018 10:55 AM
*_* C.I.'s Super Nova Closed Cell Competition Ready Dual Stage Foams *_* Nova's Ark Crawler Innovations 14 05-22-2014 06:13 PM
Deuce Nova's and Lil Nova's Dual stage foams! bigflex Tires and Wheels 6 10-06-2009 10:50 PM