RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Crawler Innovations (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/crawler-innovations/)
-   -   *_* C.I.'s Lil' Nova Closed Cell Competition Ready 1.9 Dual Stage Foams *_* (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/crawler-innovations/373842-%2A_%2A-c-i-s-lil-nova-closed-cell-competition-ready-1-9-dual-stage-foams-%2A_%2A.html)

Nova's Ark 03-21-2012 01:07 PM

*_* C.I.'s Lil' Nova Closed Cell Competition Ready 1.9 Dual Stage Foams *_*

Crawler Innovations is excited to bring a new material and design to the RC Rock Crawling, & Scale RC Crawling hobby / sport. This new design features a closed cell inner foam with a conventional outer. The closed cell inner foam is super dense, water proof, is not temperature sensitive and is extremely durable. The conventional outer foam is not temperature sensitive, but it is not water proof.

The closed cell inner foams are designed for 1" wide 1.9 bead locks.

The outer foam is Over- Sized on purpose to encase the closed cell inner, and to provide for weight support.

1.9 Lil' Nova Outer Foam Choices:
Soft
Medium
Firm

They are sold in a pair for $10.95

This is the shortest of the 1.9 closed cell inners and is designed for scalers weighing 5 - 6 pounds using tires 4.25" to 4.50" Tall.
http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6032/6...5736943d_b.jpg

This is the middle height of the 1.9 closed cell inners & is designed for scalers weighing 6 - 8 pounds using tires 4.375" to 4.625"Tall.
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7059/7...0fc72dde_b.jpg

This is the tallest height of the 1.9 closed cell inners & is designed for scalers weighing 9 - 12 pounds using tires 4.750" to 5.0" Tall.
http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7277/6...62422912_b.jpg

The 1.9 closed cell inners & the 1.9 die cut outers are available separately:

http://farm7.staticflickr.com/6057/7...971116e4_b.jpg

Comparison Pictures:

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7190/7...0c478345_b.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7135/7...87c5df78_b.jpg

Nova's Ark 03-21-2012 01:07 PM

Re: *_* C.I.'s Lil' Nova Closed Cell Competition Ready 1.9 Dual Stage Foams *_*

Please use this format when asking for which foams to buy:

Truck Weight RTR?
Truck usage (bashing (fast) or rock crawling (slow)?
What brand manufacture tire, compound, any tire mods?
How wide are the bead locks?

chopan84 03-21-2012 06:44 PM

Ordered mine...cant wait to get them and try them out...if there anything like my last set ill be happy

Hittman 03-21-2012 08:59 PM

Wow these are nice. I think they would be a nice addition to my mini crawler"thumbsup""thumbsup"

Cheatin 03-21-2012 10:46 PM

Just ordered the 4.25 with soft outers for my next set of TSL's, better start wearing out my current set. :ror:

EverettY 03-24-2012 07:38 PM

I'm going to have to get some of these soon :)

Cheatin 03-24-2012 10:10 PM

Got em' today man, that was quick once again! They look like they'll be killer but might be a while till I actually use them.

808DA6 03-29-2012 06:47 PM

Can these be ordered a 1/4" wider then standard? Price?

Nova's Ark 03-30-2012 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atown27 (Post 3642113)
Ordered mine...cant wait to get them and try them out...if there anything like my last set ill be happy

Thank you for your continued business"thumbsup"

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hittman (Post 3642386)
Wow these are nice. I think they would be a nice addition to my mini crawler"thumbsup""thumbsup"

I don't make dual stage foams for Losi Mini or micro Crawlers. They average 3 pounds and less. With something so light weight and small, it's difficult to make a dual stage foam that small and it usually proves unnecessary. A single stage with tuning discs works much better and is much cheaper.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheatin (Post 3642594)
Just ordered the 4.25 with soft outers for my next set of TSL's, better start wearing out my current set. :ror:

Thank you for your order"thumbsup"

Quote:

Originally Posted by EverettY (Post 3647547)
I'm going to have to get some of these soon :)

In stock an shipping now"thumbsup"

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheatin (Post 3647821)
Got em' today man, that was quick once again! They look like they'll be killer but might be a while till I actually use them.

Use them, use them now please. I'm very eager to get your response to learn how they perform for you or what suggestions you might have.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 808DA6 (Post 3656595)
Can these be ordered a 1/4" wider then standard? Price?

Yes.
No price increase.
When you place your order through the web store, in the customer notes, please tell me you have wider 1.9" wheels, how wide they are (1.25" in your case), and I will send you a wider inner foam instead.
Please understand, the tire will not mount if the closed cell inner is to wide.

Hittman 03-30-2012 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nova's Ark (Post 3657471)
I don't make dual stage foams for Losi Mini or micro Crawlers. They average 3 pounds and less. With something so light weight and small, it's difficult to make a dual stage foam that small and it usually proves unnecessary. A single stage with tuning discs works much better and is much cheaper.

I am running 4.25" rovers. I need the taller foams. I dont think that the dual stage will negatively effect it. But if there is another option, I am open to suggestions.

Erbing 03-30-2012 05:11 PM

Got my set today, I got the medium height with medium outer. This is my first time to use any foam besides the stocks. I almost gave up trying to put these in...lol
Makes my pitbulls taller and firm compare to the stocks that were very soft.
How firm or soft shoud tires be? I use these on a scaler.

Cheatin 03-31-2012 04:00 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nova's Ark (Post 3657471)
Use them, use them now please. I'm very eager to get your response to learn how they perform for you or what suggestions you might have.

Ok, had the time to at least get one mounted on the front driver side. Pic of old dual stage next to new dual stage. The bench poser pics even show the huge difference in sidewall support from your old foams. I'll update as soon as I get them all mounted and tested on some rock. Hopefully by next weekend...

Nova's Ark 03-31-2012 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheatin (Post 3659782)
Ok, had the time to at least get one mounted on the front driver side. Pic of old dual stage next to new dual stage. The bench poser pics even show the huge difference in sidewall support from your old foams. I'll update as soon as I get them all mounted and tested on some rock. Hopefully by next weekend...

Awesome! Great pictures. You are going to notice a huge difference in how it drives and how they hold up to water and mud compared to the original design. Thank you for posting up about them. Please keep us informed in how they perform for you."thumbsup"

Moosekey 03-31-2012 11:00 PM

I have been testing these foams for a while now. Crawler Innovations has nailed it with these closed cell foams.

At most comps I attend the biggest issues people have is their foams, they roll way to much and their rigs don't track very well or they have too stiff of foams and they can't get the bounce out of their rigs.

The CI foams track very well and don't have the bounce, hands down the best foam at there!

I just attended Utah State championship I finished with a 2nd place overall and my foams put me over the top. I crawled lines nobody else could. Now I just need to figure out my electrical issues.

bob1961 04-01-2012 05:37 AM

what will be my best bet with my 10/11 lb truck with 4.65" IROK's, i want to have a aired down look but with support....will the middle height at the 4.65" tall limit be good for the weight of my truck with the center rib taken out of my IROK's already mounted on RC4WD pro-10 steelies.......bob

Moosekey 04-01-2012 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bob1961 (Post 3660622)
what will be my best bet with my 10/11 lb truck with 4.65" IROK's, i want to have a aired down look but with support....will the middle height at the 4.65" tall limit be good for the weight of my truck with the center rib taken out of my IROK's already mounted on RC4WD pro-10 steelies.......bob

I personally have not set up irok's yet but if it was me I would use the tall Inners and with a 10 - 11 pound rig I like med outers on the fronts and rears you might need firms.
I believe the rc4wd are a .80 inch wheel so you might need to trim your outers a bit which all I use is a serrated knife.

Cheatin 04-10-2012 03:17 PM

Yeah man, these new closed cell are all the difference in tire performance from what I can tell with just two hours on them. Tire now works like it should, lugs don't fold over or push the contact patch in like before, and the forward bite is much better. Holds the line where you want to put your wheels and don't bounce off or slip like before. My rig may be 6-7lbs. no weights on wheels.

So far, pretty impressed. I must say at first I thought they were going to be too firm like a tire with too much air, but now its just we're used to foams with no support."thumbsup"

hibbs 04-25-2012 06:40 PM

I'm looking to buy 2 sets of these foams. I have 2 SCXs, running IROKs (4.65" tire, truck ~8lbs) and the other running TTC Baja Claws (4.75" tire, truck ~7 lbs). I am looking for some advice as to what to buy. I was thinking the 4.5 nova foams for the IROKs in soft front and rear and 4.75 for the TTC Baja Claws in soft front and rear also. Any input on what firmness or size for the foams to buy would be greatly appreciated.

Both sets of tires are on RC4WD wheels (Pro10s/Claws; OEMs/IROKs)

stelerzman 05-02-2012 09:02 PM

Hi Eddy,It's John, we meet at ECC. I had no idea you had the same foams for the 1.9 MRC crawler. please PM me the total cost of a set of foams and i will PP the $$ to you. Thank for making a great product. Thanks."thumbsup""thumbsup""thumbsup""thumbsup".

Nova's Ark 05-05-2012 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheatin (Post 3677156)
Yeah man, these new closed cell are all the difference in tire performance from what I can tell with just two hours on them. Tire now works like it should, lugs don't fold over or push the contact patch in like before, and the forward bite is much better. Holds the line where you want to put your wheels and don't bounce off or slip like before. My rig may be 6-7lbs. no weights on wheels.

So far, pretty impressed. I must say at first I thought they were going to be too firm like a tire with too much air, but now its just we're used to foams with no support."thumbsup"

I am glad you are liking the new foams"thumbsup"

Quote:

Originally Posted by hibbs (Post 3702671)
I'm looking to buy 2 sets of these foams. I have 2 SCXs, running IROKs (4.65" tire, truck ~8lbs) and the other running TTC Baja Claws (4.75" tire, truck ~7 lbs). I am looking for some advice as to what to buy. I was thinking the 4.5 nova foams for the IROKs in soft front and rear and 4.75 for the TTC Baja Claws in soft front and rear also. Any input on what firmness or size for the foams to buy would be greatly appreciated.

Both sets of tires are on RC4WD wheels (Pro10s/Claws; OEMs/IROKs)

4.65" IROK 8 Pound Truck
4.50" Soft Outer Front
4.50" Medium Outer Rear (might have to narrow the rear outer foam to 1.5" width if it feels too stiff.)

4.75" BAJA Claw 7 Pound Truck
4.50" Soft Outer Front
4.50" Medium Outer Rear

The 4.75" is pretty big & stiff. It's best for heavy trucks and big tires.

Quote:

Originally Posted by stelerzman (Post 3713867)
Hi Eddy,It's John, we meet at ECC. I had no idea you had the same foams for the 1.9 MRC crawler. please PM me the total cost of a set of foams and i will PP the $$ to you. Thank for making a great product. Thanks."thumbsup""thumbsup""thumbsup""thumbsup".

Hi John, please check out this thread for more information about Mini Rock Crawler foams:
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/crawl...duct-line.html
I do not make a dual stage foam for the MRC. The average MRC is 3 pounds and the weight does not justify a dual stage foam. Plus the average MRC tire is 3.75" tall.