RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Crawler Innovations (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/crawler-innovations/)
-   -   C.I. & Pit Bull Tires, together at last in one package.... (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/crawler-innovations/419098-c-i-pit-bull-tires-together-last-one-package.html)

Soundlzrd 03-18-2013 11:13 AM

I thought about emailing, but thought I would be patient. Mike and yourself have been great keeping us up to date so far!

Doc Harley 03-18-2013 01:09 PM

Re: C.I. & Pit Bull Tires, together at last in one package....

Thank you for the info, I did e-mail because I was starting to get a little concerned...Doc thanks again

Soundlzrd 03-25-2013 04:32 PM

This setup is awesome! Cannot believe the difference it made. Swapped the tires onto a friends rig half way though the day for one obstacle, and it was the difference between him not making the hill and easily walking up the correct line.

Nova's Ark 04-10-2013 11:13 AM

The 1.9 Rock Beast's are sold out and it looks like it's going to be summer before I have more.:cry:

BDR 06-10-2013 01:10 AM

G'day

Any updates boss on when the 1.9's will be back:)

Savage03 06-12-2013 02:14 PM

Got a set for my wraith and been having a hard time getting them to spin straight but cant get them to that point. You guys have any tricks to get the foams situated correct? Been squeezing the tire moving the foam but I can only get it close to straight.

Nova's Ark 06-12-2013 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BDR (Post 4356168)
G'day

Any updates boss on when the 1.9's will be back:)

I do, but it's not good news. It will be Mid July before more 1.9 Rock Beasts will be ready to ship out from C.I.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savage03 (Post 4359593)
Got a set for my wraith and been having a hard time getting them to spin straight but cant get them to that point. You guys have any tricks to get the foams situated correct? Been squeezing the tire moving the foam but I can only get it close to straight.

How much does it weigh RTR?
What wheels are you using?
What foams did you buy?
Do you have stick on lead weight around the wheel?
Got a picture of the issue?

Savage03 06-12-2013 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nova's Ark (Post 4359602)

How much does it weigh RTR?
What wheels are you using?
What foams did you buy?
Do you have stick on lead weight around the wheel?
Got a picture of the issue?

Looks to be about 7lbs with lipo.....

Just got a set from Stangkilla....

Good question, I bought the set from a guy on here said he only ran a few minutes but he never told me the foams and I really didnt know they were your foams till sometime later. He did have them marked front and rear so guessing 2 different kinds...if it helps he did mention it was Eddies setup....

No weights yet but will have axlw weights soon....

No way really to picture the issue its when you run it the tires wobble like they are out of balance, checked the beads they seem to be seated fine cause if I shift the foam from side to side I can get the tires wobble to be less.
Just a poser pic
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...ps53d4b05a.jpg

Nova's Ark 06-12-2013 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savage03 (Post 4359617)
Looks to be about 7lbs with lipo.....

Just got a set from Stangkilla....

Good question, I bought the set from a guy on here said he only ran a few minutes but he never told me the foams and I really didnt know they were your foams till sometime later. He did have them marked front and rear so guessing 2 different kinds...if it helps he did mention it was Eddies setup....

No weights yet but will have axlw weights soon....

No way really to picture the issue its when you run it the tires wobble like they are out of balance, checked the beads they seem to be seated fine cause if I shift the foam from side to side I can get the tires wobble to be less.
Just a poser pic
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...ps53d4b05a.jpg

What foams do you have? I suggest you take them out and look at what is written on them. Stangs wheels are 1" wide. It looks like you have wide foams from the picture which are no designed for 1" wheels. That was the old foam design.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Savage03 06-12-2013 04:09 PM

That suks gotta spend more money :cry:
So what will I need? Will pop one open now and see if I find anything.

Savage03 06-12-2013 04:38 PM

This is off the rear, not sure whats on the grey foam but it feels pretty hard.
Width on grey is 1 1/2 and white is little over 2"
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...psc7d84710.jpg

Nova's Ark 06-12-2013 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Savage03 (Post 4359727)
This is off the rear, not sure whats on the grey foam but it feels pretty hard.
Width on grey is 1 1/2 and white is little over 2"
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...psc7d84710.jpg

That is the correct foam for those wheels on a wraith weighing 8 pounds or more. If anything they should have some side to side slop between the foam and tire sidewall. Are the tires vented?

Savage03 06-12-2013 05:15 PM

Yea vented. Ok so im ok with the foams then. Just moving them around to get the balance best I can lol.

chopan84 06-18-2013 03:03 PM

Are these still availible?

Nova's Ark 06-18-2013 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by atown27 (Post 4366714)
Are these still availible?

No, not currently. But they will be available once more stock arrives.

Crawler Innovations is out of stock of several products.

- 6.0" Double Deuce foams and won't have more until July.
- Pit Bull Rock Beast 2 tires and since I don't have the foams, I'm not ordering more of the tires.
- Pit Bull 1.9 Rock Beasts and it's looking like mid July or so before they have them.

I would love to offer complete tire and foam packages, but sometimes stock just doesn't allow it.

uclabruins89 06-25-2013 05:04 PM

I have Pit bull 1.9s, 4.5" foams medium outer, and mounting them on Vanquish 1.9 omf wheels. Do you recommend trimming the foams? I'm having a hard time getting the beads to sit all the way down, they pop out just barely. Pics in this thread:

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/tires...k-attempt.html

Duxx 06-25-2013 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uclabruins89 (Post 4375042)
I have Pit bull 1.9s, 4.5" foams medium outer, and mounting them on Vanquish 1.9 omf wheels. Do you recommend trimming the foams? I'm having a hard time getting the beads to sit all the way down, they pop out just barely. Pics in this thread:

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/tires...k-attempt.html

Don't trim the foam!! I had the same issue mounting the same setup. After channeling the inner foam to accommodate lead weights everything mounted up no problem. The weights in the channel helped hold everything into place I guess. Another option to try is using a piece of 2" pvc (or the lid from a paint can) and after securing the bead on one side, line the ring up with the pvc and apply pressure to ensure it doesn't slip out. This will allow you to work the other bead in as you are correct in thinking that a smaller foam would help eliminate this issue. However, once it's in it's a perfect fit and all the aggravation will be worth it! An extra set of hands makes it go a lot smoother also.....

rcscaler 06-25-2013 05:42 PM

oh...I missed it.
but, when do we have more 6.0" foam for pitbull II tires??
I would like to order a package if u have foams in stock "thumbsup"

uclabruins89 06-25-2013 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duxx (Post 4375083)
Don't trim the foam!! I had the same issue mounting the same setup. After channeling the inner foam to accommodate lead weights everything mounted up no problem. The weights in the channel helped hold everything into place I guess. Another option to try is using a piece of 2" pvc (or the lid from a paint can) and after securing the bead on one side, line the ring up with the pvc and apply pressure to ensure it doesn't slip out. This will allow you to work the other bead in as you are correct in thinking that a smaller foam would help eliminate this issue. However, once it's in it's a perfect fit and all the aggravation will be worth it! An extra set of hands makes it go a lot smoother also.....

I did have trouble securing one side while working on the other, I will try some kind of tape roll or lid to hold the other in. I didnt want to trim them but need to take them apart to put holes in the tires so i guess I will take more time mounting them this time.

Nova's Ark 07-10-2013 07:00 PM

We have some limited stock of 1.9's, 2.2's and 1.55's!!!"thumbsup"