Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Crawler Innovations

Notices

Thread: *_* C.I.'s Super Nova Closed Cell Competition Ready Dual Stage Foams *_*

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-27-2012, 07:54 PM   #1
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Default *_* C.I.'s Super Nova Closed Cell Competition Ready Dual Stage Foams *_*

Crawler Innovations was the first to develop a dual stage foam for the USRCCA Class 1 - Super Class competition rc rock crawlers. Now C.I. is doing it again by bringing you closed cell inner foams. Crawler Innovations is excited to bring a new material and design to the RC Rock Crawling, & Scale RC Crawling hobby / sport. This new design features a closed cell inner foam with a conventional outer. The closed cell inner foam is super dense, water proof, is not temperature sensitive and is extremely durable. The conventional outer foam is not temperature sensitive, but it is not water proof.

All Super Nova Outer foams are now die cut. No more glue joints! C.I. now offers three outer choices in either Soft, Medium or Firm.

These foams were designed for use in custom "cut n shut" tires.

The inner foam will only fit 115mm HPI Blast & XTM Thorn wheels.

7.25" Super Nova:

7.75" Super Nova:

7.25" Super Nova inside a 7.75"Tall C.I. Rover on a 1.50"width Blast Wheel:

7.25" Super Nova:

7.25" Closed Cell Inner:

7.75" Closed Cell Inner:

7.25" - 8.00" Die Cut Outer with Tuning Rings (No More Glue Joints!) :

Nova's Ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-27-2012, 09:22 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: *_* C.I.'s Super Nova Closed Cell Competition Ready Dual Stage Foams *_*

Oh my!
4xFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 09:51 PM   #3
RCC Addict

Default Re: *_* C.I.'s Super Nova Closed Cell Competition Ready Dual Stage Foams *_*

Ah yes, very nice. What is the main benefit of the closed cell foam over the standard inners?
Illeagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 01:40 PM   #4
RCC Addict

oh boy just ordered up some new foams for my new super. got the med outter for back and soft outter for front. i cant wait to get it. thanks for the awesome product and cant wait to run it
Kratos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 04:41 PM   #5
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4xFord View Post
Oh my!
Thank you sir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Illeagle View Post
Ah yes, very nice. What is the main benefit of the closed cell foam over the standard inners?
Firmer, better handling, not effected by weather or water, a huge improvement over the original design.

Not related to the inner, but it is new to Crawler Innovations, the outers are no longer CNC cut & glued together. They are die cut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
oh boy just ordered up some new foams for my new super. got the med outter for back and soft outter for front. i cant wait to get it. thanks for the awesome product and cant wait to run it
I shipped your order today. I am excited to get your thoughts on these new foams. Thank you for your continued business
Old 02-29-2012, 04:53 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova's Ark View Post

I shipped your order today. I am excited to get your thoughts on these new foams. Thank you for your continued business
thats awesome and thank you for making the products you do to support all of the tires we run. will let ya know asap on my thoughts on the foams. will let some locals run em too to get their thoughts on em
Old 02-29-2012, 07:17 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

These foams are the bomb, I have been testing these with Lmooskey and they are awesome.
boob dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:21 PM   #8
Ty
Quarry Creeper

Looks great Eddie! So for 8 inch blocks I need the 7.75 inner and the 7.25 to 8.0 medium outer correct? Thanks Ty
Can't wait to get these ordered!
Ty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 07:26 AM   #9
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by boob dude View Post
These foams are the bomb, I have been testing these with Lmooskey and they are awesome.
Luiz has been testing now for months and finishing very well in comps. He told me that he loaned a set of wheels, tires and proto type foams to a fellow club member for a comp. The guy ended up winning that day and had no idea what was in the tires. He just knew they worked. Thank you for the great feedback on the product

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty View Post
Looks great Eddie! So for 8 inch blocks I need the 7.75 inner and the 7.25 to 8.0 medium outer correct? Thanks Ty
Can't wait to get these ordered!
That would be my suggestion Ty. An 8 inch overall tire height should be about 7.50 inside the tire. So 7.75" inner will fill it properly. You could run a 7.25" inner if the truck was light weight. Another beautiful feature that the closed cell foams offer, is the strength to shape the foams. You can sand or cut into the face of the closed cell foams to allow for more forward bite if you need it. The foam is so dense, that it still offers superior side hill support. This foam design is much better than the original design for Supers.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:44 PM   #10
RCC Addict

ive probably put 10 packs through my super with the new foams and they are stellar. my initial thought was that the front was too firm but now that the tires and foams are breaking in it is getting much better. im loving them. Thanks Eddie. cant wait to rock these at Indy
Old 03-30-2012, 08:05 AM   #11
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kratos View Post
ive probably put 10 packs through my super with the new foams and they are stellar. my initial thought was that the front was too firm but now that the tires and foams are breaking in it is getting much better. im loving them. Thanks Eddie. cant wait to rock these at Indy

Thank you for the nice email you sent me and the great feedback Chris. Congratulations on your 1st place win in Supers at Indy. I find it even more amazing that you loaned your Super to someone else who had never driven it and they got fourth place with it in Supers at a National Comp. That says a lot for the quality of your build as well. Thank you for using Crawler Innovations products
Old 04-18-2012, 04:55 AM   #12
Rock Crawler

Great to see the new Foams.

Wich foam combo would be best for Rovers and BCs at a 7.5-7.75" tire??
Rim wide is 1.2" and weight fully loaded is at 8.5LB
racer_zh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 10:50 AM   #13
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_zh View Post
Great to see the new Foams.

Wich foam combo would be best for Rovers and BCs at a 7.5-7.75" tire??
Rim wide is 1.2" and weight fully loaded is at 8.5LB
7.5" Tall Rovers:
7.25 Inner - Soft Outer - Front
7.25 Inner - Medium Outer - Rear

7.5" Tall BC:
7.25 Inner - Medium Outer - Front
7.25 Inner - Medium Outer - Rear

That is my best guess for you. The foam system is new and I do not have enough feedback from customers on varying terrains and crawler set ups. The closed cell is so much firmer and dense, that you do not need to over stuff the tires with foam.
Old 04-23-2012, 01:29 PM   #14
RCC Addict

Thank you Eddie, I ordered a set of these foams Friday night, and they just showed up at my door. I can't wait to try these out at ECC
Almighty Malach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2014, 06:13 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

Wrong thread.
nwnewbie is offline   Reply With Quote

*_* C.I.'s Super Nova Closed Cell Competition Ready Dual Stage Foams *_* - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crawler Innovations Proto type 4.75 Dual Stage Lil' Nova Foams for Scale Crawlers Nova's Ark Tires and Wheels 103 02-24-2020 01:01 PM
*_* C.I.'s Double Deuce Closed Cell Competition Ready Dual Stage Foams *_* Nova's Ark Crawler Innovations 295 10-26-2018 10:55 AM
New 3.2 dual stage Super Foams from Crawler Innovations / Nova's Ark Nova's Ark Tires and Wheels 7 08-17-2010 04:25 PM
Super class Dual Stage foams (non-memory) Nova's Ark Tires and Wheels 7 10-03-2009 10:17 PM