Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Crawler Innovations

Notices

Thread: 6-Bolt Performance Wheels - 2.2"; 1" Width; Glue - on; Axial & VP SLW Hub Compatible

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2014, 10:12 AM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: 6-Bolt Performance Wheels - 2.2"; 1" Width; Glue - on; Axial & VP SLW Hub Compati

I am not sure what the stock width is but in my post above, I linked back to my thread.

Szczerba's 2014 2.2 #744 Wraith

Front Width with 225 hubs pictured below.
Attached Images

Szczerba is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-25-2014, 12:25 PM   #22
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: 6-Bolt Performance Wheels - 2.2"; 1" Width; Glue - on; Axial & VP SLW Hub Compati

Ordered a set last week for my comp crawler and loved them so much I just ordered another set for my wraith. Great wheel
haynesn12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2014, 03:37 PM   #23
I wanna be Dave

Got my set today. I really dig them. Now to decide on what tires to go with.

fr8cture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 06:59 AM   #24
Pebble Pounder

I have a few sets of these wheels and luv em!
I recently put a set on my Yeti,
And the Yeti ATE em!
The screw holes to mount to the SLW hubs r gone and the wheels flew off the Yeti!
I must have over tightened them or....?
Is there any way to fix this or am I out the rims, tires, and foams now?
JOETRUCKER80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2015, 01:57 PM   #25
Quarry Creeper

I got the 1.5", along with the Voodoo U4/Deuce's Wild Combo.

Fronts have 475 SLW hubs, and the rears have 850 SLW hubs. The 225, and 350 hubs do not clear my VP knuckle up front.

With that said, it was worth the extra work, as I love the stance and support the 1.5" wheels give.

Last edited by hobbez84; 03-19-2015 at 02:00 PM.
hobbez84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 08:38 AM   #26
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richterat83 View Post
Which size SLW hub fits these to keep the stock width or just slightly wider?

Ready to order these, some hubs, Deuces Wild tall foams, and some Pitbull Rockbeast II's or BFG's
Make the right choice first and go with some voodoos, I used to use pit bulls until I tried voodoos, now I'm never looking back at anything else... Voodoos all the way..
Also for the hub size which rig you putting them on?
Rastaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2015, 09:06 AM   #27
Rock Stacker

I am interested in these wheels due to the weight and cost. What scares me is that the stock wheels that came on my axial yeti could not hold a bead. Then I found a cheap you set up axial bead locks with a metal bead lock ring which seem to hold quite well but I did hollow out one of the integrated hubs making the wheel useless.

Now I am running three as batteries and a Holmes hobby motor translating into a lot of power to the wheels and I'm afraid that going a wheel may not hold.

Can someone post a video or basic steps how to properly glue a tire onto this wheel?
What are your recommendations for the width of the squeal when installed on the axial yeti?

Thanks in advance for any information posted on my questions.

Peter
PeterH828 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 10:56 AM   #28
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOETRUCKER80 View Post
I have a few sets of these wheels and luv em!
I recently put a set on my Yeti,
And the Yeti ATE em!
The screw holes to mount to the SLW hubs r gone and the wheels flew off the Yeti!
I must have over tightened them or....?
Is there any way to fix this or am I out the rims, tires, and foams now?
You are the first person to notify me of this happening to them. Did you use the supplied hardware?

There were a few vendors here on RCC that made SLW spacer rings. You could try one of those to clamp the wheel back to the hub.

C.I. sells a Un-Cure which is made by Bob Smith Industries and it will remove the CA glue so you can save the tires and foams.
Nova's Ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 04:56 PM   #29
Pebble Pounder

Great info, thanx. I just overtightened them and pulled thru. The un-cure might just ne the ticket! Thanx!
JOETRUCKER80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 03:03 PM   #30
I wanna be Dave

Any update on the 1.9's?
Highmark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 01:00 PM   #31
Pebble Pounder

just received my set and love them! spot glued my voooDOOS AND THEYVE HELD UP GREAT!!
firstpasstommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 08:17 PM   #32
Rock Stacker

These are great looking wheels. The design is very clean and distinctive. They especially look nice when mounted with a VP SLW hub.

I wish they also available in aluminum beadlock. I think this is the best looking wheel design available.
Lavigna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 06:23 AM   #33
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lavigna View Post
I wish they also available in aluminum beadlock. I think this is the best looking wheel design available.
Check out the TSS Robby Gordons

http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/vendo...wer-price.html
svt923 is offline   Reply With Quote

6-Bolt Performance Wheels - 2.2"; 1" Width; Glue - on; Axial & VP SLW Hub Compatible - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/gYr-dbPEOnE" frameborde boolean21 Scale Videos! 0 10-01-2013 09:39 AM
SLW hex hub compatible beadlock wheels now available! Locked Up Locked Up RC 18 11-12-2012 08:35 PM
SLW hex hub compatible beadlock wheels now available! Locked Up Tires and Wheels 12 10-23-2012 05:45 AM