Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Crawler Innovations

Notices

Thread: Activated Outlaw Comp Crawlers - Crawler Innovations Rule Set & Classes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-28-2018, 04:52 PM   #1
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Default Activated Outlaw Comp Crawlers - Crawler Innovations Rule Set & Classes

The Activated Outlaw Rule Set is a venture Crawler Innovations is starting. For those that do not know, I (Eddie Ayala) am a former member of the USRCCA Rules Committee (United States Radio Controlled Crawling Association). I represented the state of Texas and the four clubs in operation during those years. Those four clubs would send the top five finishers of their point series in each class, to Texas state finals, where they would compete to determine the top 4 drivers in Texas to send to the U.S. National Championship. I have participated and judged many years of competition rc crawling. I am a founding member of ETXRCC (East Texas Radio Controlled Crawlers). I have been an event marshal at several national events. I have personally hosted many events for both competition and scale rc crawlers with some of those events having cash payouts. I created Crawler Innovations and have operated it nine years and counting. As a company, Crawler Innovations sponsors many competitions all over the world. A lot of thought, time, and consideration was put into creating this simple rule set. The competition classes are for comp crawlers. The activated classes are for scale crawlers. All classes use the same format.

Competition rc crawling has been struggling in the U.S. since 2013 and it is almost flat line now. Scale vehicles have taken priority through there ease of mass marketing and so have rules for them. Often times, by people with little to no experience with a sanctioning body, or rules based on one persons preference of look. The over regulation by local clubs or national sanctioning bodies, hurts cohesion in the hobby. Aggressive rules can limit creativity and create drama where there needs none. I'm not insinuating that the Activated Outlaw Rule Set is the total fix, but I know it is a step in the right direction towards fun and drawing in others. That is why these rules were created and posted. Hopefully they are simple, fair, and repeatable. If you or your club, or your hobby store would like to experiment and try them, even better. I have received mostly positive feedback from the many people that I sent these rules to for comment. I am open to constructive criticism of this rule set.

Thank you for your time and consideration.
Eddie Ayala
Crawler Innovations

Last edited by Nova's Ark; 04-30-2018 at 05:19 PM. Reason: Updating / spell check
Nova's Ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-08-2018, 08:27 AM   #2
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Default Re: Activated Outlaw Comp Crawlers - Crawler Innovations Rule Set & Classes

The pocket size Activated Outlaw Rule Set is now available. These rule set cards will be included with every order from Crawler Innovations. They will also be circulating world wide in retail packaged pairs of Crawler Innovations foams. #activatedoutlaw #crawlerinnovations #doubledeucefoams #lilnovafoams #deuceswildfoams

Old 10-08-2018, 10:35 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Activated Outlaw Comp Crawlers - Crawler Innovations Rule Set & Classes

Glad to see you trying to keep comp crawling alive.

Original usrcca rules and scoring aren't hard to understand why change them?

IMO you really haven't simplified the rules just modified reading them above. Why 44 penalties for point out?
If these rules work for your area good luck.
With just reading rules off of the card above how would a newbie understand what a cleared gate is? Without defining the meaning of cleared gate?

Nothing worst then going to an event when event organizers don't know what a true cleared gate is. Happened to me last month @ a scale comp.

We need to keep standardized rules across the board usrcca rules have been around a long time we all should stick to them. Spreading above rules cards is a disservice Just my 2 cents.

Last edited by tapped-out; 10-08-2018 at 12:44 PM.
tapped-out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2018, 10:39 AM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Eddie I Just noticed date of original post. How has this worked out for you?
Old 11-06-2018, 12:53 PM   #5
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by tapped-out View Post
Glad to see you trying to keep comp crawling alive.

Original usrcca rules and scoring aren't hard to understand why change them?

IMO you really haven't simplified the rules just modified reading them above. Why 44 penalties for point out?
If these rules work for your area good luck.
With just reading rules off of the card above how would a newbie understand what a cleared gate is? Without defining the meaning of cleared gate?

Nothing worst then going to an event when event organizers don't know what a true cleared gate is. Happened to me last month @ a scale comp.

We need to keep standardized rules across the board usrcca rules have been around a long time we all should stick to them. Spreading above rules cards is a disservice Just my 2 cents.

The largest disservice to rc rock crawling was Holmes Hobbies buying the USRCCA and dismantling it. He abolished the 30+ member Rules Committee that had spent countless hours over the years volunteering their time to the hobby. Holmes then creates a new organization. How did that progress the hobby? I don't see you calling him out.

Major companies looked to the USRCCA Sanctioning Body and RESPECTED it; Read the second line. That is Axial, not Red Cat, G Made or some inferior brand creating products for competition.

Quote:
Eddie I Just noticed date of original post. How has this worked out for you?

Good enough to get you to respond months later. The birth of anything worthy starts small, and when the foundation is correct, it grows into something spectacular. You can either criticize, or join the coming movement and work towards an idea bigger than one person.
Old 11-06-2018, 01:34 PM   #6
I wanna be Dave

[QUOTE=Nova's

Good enough to get you to respond months later. The birth of anything worthy starts small, and when the foundation is correct, it grows into something spectacular. You can either criticize, or join the coming movement and work towards an idea bigger than one person.[/QUOTE]

Good luck Eddie.
Is there any other club adopting this set of rules as of now?

Last edited by tapped-out; 11-06-2018 at 01:50 PM.
Old 11-13-2018, 06:52 AM   #7
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Quote:
Good luck Eddie.
Is there any other club adopting this set of rules as of now?

No.

Activated Outlaw is a new creation. I have not planned the competition series. The first part of the plan is to send the rules out world wide and allow people to get familiar with the rules and begin to build rc's for the classes. I designed the rules so that any local group could get together and use them. Once Activated Outlaw catches on at the grass root level, then it can be promoted as National Level Competitions with cash pay outs. If you have any suggestions, or more questions, please let me know. Thank you.
Old 11-14-2018, 06:59 AM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Eddie, I have much respect for you and what you have done here with adding another option for the masses as far as rules go. As you are already aware, be prepared for a lot of hate coming in your direction. Don't ask me how I know...lol!!!
biggin69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 11:10 AM   #9
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggin69 View Post
Eddie, I have much respect for you and what you have done here with adding another option for the masses as far as rules go. As you are already aware, be prepared for a lot of hate coming in your direction. Don't ask me how I know...lol!!!

I'm not throwing hate at Eddie. I just don't understand
Why create a new set of rules and point system instead if promoting what's already inplace.

But for EA their own.
Old 11-14-2018, 01:49 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

im setting up a comp for next year to run these rules. but I will be not using the 5.25 class. instead it will be a 4.75 class. and the 4.5 class will become a 4.2 class. the 4.2 class will allow for the class 0 and 1 rigs to be run without and harsh competition. the 4.75 class is aimed for anybody with a rtr scaler with some modifications, like dig or rear steer. I like than now, if someone wants rear steer on their class 1 tire vehicle, they can run it.

I also like how now, hardcore performance builders can run whatever custom tires they so choose to use, but I wont let "comp" tires to be run in the activated classes.

hopefully the 5 minute non interrupted clock doesn't push people away from this comp. I like that rule the most. "shoulda built it right the first time" kinda attitude right there.

now its time for me to go order some more foams Eddie. good ruleset you got there.
CM9000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 06:52 AM   #11
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Old 01-31-2019, 09:21 AM   #12
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Activated Outlaw Score Sheets;

Old 01-31-2019, 09:42 AM   #13
I wanna be Dave

Shweeet. Any way you can add this on your website for us to print off?

Sent from my LGMP260 using Tapatalk
Old 01-31-2019, 09:51 AM   #14
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by CM9000 View Post
Shweeet. Any way you can add this on your website for us to print off?

Thank you sir

I will discuss it with my graphic designer and figure out a way to share the files to make that happen. It will probably be sometime next week. We created these Score Sheets yesterday and printed 100 for this Saturday's Get Together. These were printed onto a single piece of paper in duplex and rotated, so that the score boxes are on opposite ends of the paper, in order to prevent scoring lines transferring through the paper creating any confusion.
Old 01-31-2019, 10:13 AM   #15
I wanna be Dave

Sweet man. Good luck at the gtg. I will be printing some of these off for a comp im going to run this year.

Old 07-08-2020, 06:02 PM   #16
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Exclamation Re: Activated Outlaw Comp Crawlers - Crawler Innovations Rule Set & Classes

I am pleased to announce the creation of the new Activated Outlaw Competition Crawlers website, linked here;

Activated Outlaw

The Activated Outlaw Competition Crawlers website has a FREE download and printable scoresheet. The scoresheet has a list of the Competition and Activated (scale) classes, as well as the rules for the competition.

The Activated Outlaw Competition Crawlers website has a photo gallery and video section of our events.

We have much more planned for the website and Activated Outlaw Competition Crawlers. Thank you to all the attendants that have been coming out since February 2019 on the first Saturday of the month. Activated Outlaw Competition Crawlers has been made possible through your participation and feedback. Without y'all, this organization would not be what it already is. I greatly appreciate you all as we work towards growing a Fair, Fun, and Repeatable sanctioning body.
Old 07-18-2020, 11:55 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

SIK_BOY is offline   Reply With Quote

Activated Outlaw Comp Crawlers - Crawler Innovations Rule Set & Classes - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crawler Innovations 1.9 IROK scale comp tire & Lil' Nova Foams Nova's Ark Tires and Wheels 6 03-01-2012 02:15 PM
-- 4.0" Tall, Short Course PL Bow Ties for 1.9 Comp Crawlers by Crawler Innovations-- Nova's Ark Tires and Wheels 7 08-31-2011 12:15 PM