Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Crawler Innovations

Notices

Thread: *_* C.I.'s Lil' Nova Closed Cell Competition Ready 1.9 Dual Stage Foams *_*

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2012, 01:07 PM   #1
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Default *_* C.I.'s Lil' Nova Closed Cell Competition Ready 1.9 Dual Stage Foams *_*

Crawler Innovations is excited to bring a new material and design to the RC Rock Crawling, & Scale RC Crawling hobby / sport. This new design features a closed cell inner foam with a conventional outer. The closed cell inner foam is super dense, water proof, is not temperature sensitive and is extremely durable. The conventional outer foam is not temperature sensitive, but it is not water proof.

The closed cell inner foams are designed for 1" wide 1.9 bead locks.

The outer foam is Over- Sized on purpose to encase the closed cell inner, and to provide for weight support.

1.9 Lil' Nova Outer Foam Choices:
Soft
Medium
Firm

They are sold in a pair for $10.95

This is the shortest of the 1.9 closed cell inners and is designed for scalers weighing 5 - 6 pounds using tires 4.25" to 4.50" Tall.

This is the middle height of the 1.9 closed cell inners & is designed for scalers weighing 6 - 8 pounds using tires 4.375" to 4.625"Tall.

This is the tallest height of the 1.9 closed cell inners & is designed for scalers weighing 9 - 12 pounds using tires 4.750" to 5.0" Tall.

The 1.9 closed cell inners & the 1.9 die cut outers are available separately:

Comparison Pictures:

Nova's Ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-2012, 01:07 PM   #2
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Default Re: *_* C.I.'s Lil' Nova Closed Cell Competition Ready 1.9 Dual Stage Foams *_*

Please use this format when asking for which foams to buy:

Truck Weight RTR?
Truck usage (bashing (fast) or rock crawling (slow)?
What brand manufacture tire, compound, any tire mods?
How wide are the bead locks?

Last edited by Nova's Ark; 07-18-2012 at 09:30 PM. Reason: added information
Old 03-21-2012, 06:44 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: *_* C.I.'s Lil' Nova Closed Cell Competition Ready 1.9 Dual Stage Foams *_*

Ordered mine...cant wait to get them and try them out...if there anything like my last set ill be happy
chopan84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 08:59 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Wow these are nice. I think they would be a nice addition to my mini crawler
Hittman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 10:46 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Just ordered the 4.25 with soft outers for my next set of TSL's, better start wearing out my current set.
Cheatin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 07:38 PM   #6
E.Y. Designs

I'm going to have to get some of these soon
EverettY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 10:10 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Got em' today man, that was quick once again! They look like they'll be killer but might be a while till I actually use them.
Old 03-29-2012, 06:47 PM   #8
Rock Crawler

Can these be ordered a 1/4" wider then standard? Price?
808DA6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 08:02 AM   #9
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by atown27 View Post
Ordered mine...cant wait to get them and try them out...if there anything like my last set ill be happy
Thank you for your continued business

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hittman View Post
Wow these are nice. I think they would be a nice addition to my mini crawler
I don't make dual stage foams for Losi Mini or micro Crawlers. They average 3 pounds and less. With something so light weight and small, it's difficult to make a dual stage foam that small and it usually proves unnecessary. A single stage with tuning discs works much better and is much cheaper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheatin View Post
Just ordered the 4.25 with soft outers for my next set of TSL's, better start wearing out my current set.
Thank you for your order

Quote:
Originally Posted by EverettY View Post
I'm going to have to get some of these soon
In stock an shipping now

Quote:
Got em' today man, that was quick once again! They look like they'll be killer but might be a while till I actually use them.
Use them, use them now please. I'm very eager to get your response to learn how they perform for you or what suggestions you might have.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808DA6 View Post
Can these be ordered a 1/4" wider then standard? Price?
Yes.
No price increase.
When you place your order through the web store, in the customer notes, please tell me you have wider 1.9" wheels, how wide they are (1.25" in your case), and I will send you a wider inner foam instead.
Please understand, the tire will not mount if the closed cell inner is to wide.
Old 03-30-2012, 01:42 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova's Ark View Post
I don't make dual stage foams for Losi Mini or micro Crawlers. They average 3 pounds and less. With something so light weight and small, it's difficult to make a dual stage foam that small and it usually proves unnecessary. A single stage with tuning discs works much better and is much cheaper.

I am running 4.25" rovers. I need the taller foams. I dont think that the dual stage will negatively effect it. But if there is another option, I am open to suggestions.
Hittman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 05:11 PM   #11
Rock Crawler

Got my set today, I got the medium height with medium outer. This is my first time to use any foam besides the stocks. I almost gave up trying to put these in...lol
Makes my pitbulls taller and firm compare to the stocks that were very soft.
How firm or soft shoud tires be? I use these on a scaler.
Erbing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 04:00 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova's Ark View Post
Use them, use them now please. I'm very eager to get your response to learn how they perform for you or what suggestions you might have.
Ok, had the time to at least get one mounted on the front driver side. Pic of old dual stage next to new dual stage. The bench poser pics even show the huge difference in sidewall support from your old foams. I'll update as soon as I get them all mounted and tested on some rock. Hopefully by next weekend...
Attached Images

Old 03-31-2012, 04:17 PM   #13
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Quote:
Ok, had the time to at least get one mounted on the front driver side. Pic of old dual stage next to new dual stage. The bench poser pics even show the huge difference in sidewall support from your old foams. I'll update as soon as I get them all mounted and tested on some rock. Hopefully by next weekend...

Awesome! Great pictures. You are going to notice a huge difference in how it drives and how they hold up to water and mud compared to the original design. Thank you for posting up about them. Please keep us informed in how they perform for you.
Old 03-31-2012, 11:00 PM   #14
Rock Crawler

I have been testing these foams for a while now. Crawler Innovations has nailed it with these closed cell foams.

At most comps I attend the biggest issues people have is their foams, they roll way to much and their rigs don't track very well or they have too stiff of foams and they can't get the bounce out of their rigs.

The CI foams track very well and don't have the bounce, hands down the best foam at there!

I just attended Utah State championship I finished with a 2nd place overall and my foams put me over the top. I crawled lines nobody else could. Now I just need to figure out my electrical issues.
Moosekey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 05:37 AM   #15
I wanna be Dave

what will be my best bet with my 10/11 lb truck with 4.65" IROK's, i want to have a aired down look but with support....will the middle height at the 4.65" tall limit be good for the weight of my truck with the center rib taken out of my IROK's already mounted on RC4WD pro-10 steelies.......bob

bob1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 08:27 AM   #16
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob1961 View Post
what will be my best bet with my 10/11 lb truck with 4.65" IROK's, i want to have a aired down look but with support....will the middle height at the 4.65" tall limit be good for the weight of my truck with the center rib taken out of my IROK's already mounted on RC4WD pro-10 steelies.......bob

I personally have not set up irok's yet but if it was me I would use the tall Inners and with a 10 - 11 pound rig I like med outers on the fronts and rears you might need firms.
I believe the rc4wd are a .80 inch wheel so you might need to trim your outers a bit which all I use is a serrated knife.
Moosekey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 03:17 PM   #17
Quarry Creeper

Yeah man, these new closed cell are all the difference in tire performance from what I can tell with just two hours on them. Tire now works like it should, lugs don't fold over or push the contact patch in like before, and the forward bite is much better. Holds the line where you want to put your wheels and don't bounce off or slip like before. My rig may be 6-7lbs. no weights on wheels.

So far, pretty impressed. I must say at first I thought they were going to be too firm like a tire with too much air, but now its just we're used to foams with no support.
Old 04-25-2012, 06:40 PM   #18
Quarry Creeper

I'm looking to buy 2 sets of these foams. I have 2 SCXs, running IROKs (4.65" tire, truck ~8lbs) and the other running TTC Baja Claws (4.75" tire, truck ~7 lbs). I am looking for some advice as to what to buy. I was thinking the 4.5 nova foams for the IROKs in soft front and rear and 4.75 for the TTC Baja Claws in soft front and rear also. Any input on what firmness or size for the foams to buy would be greatly appreciated.

Both sets of tires are on RC4WD wheels (Pro10s/Claws; OEMs/IROKs)

Last edited by hibbs; 04-25-2012 at 07:43 PM.
hibbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 09:02 PM   #19
I wanna be Dave

Hi Eddy,It's John, we meet at ECC. I had no idea you had the same foams for the 1.9 MRC crawler. please PM me the total cost of a set of foams and i will PP the $$ to you. Thank for making a great product. Thanks..
stelerzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2012, 11:16 AM   #20
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Quote:
Yeah man, these new closed cell are all the difference in tire performance from what I can tell with just two hours on them. Tire now works like it should, lugs don't fold over or push the contact patch in like before, and the forward bite is much better. Holds the line where you want to put your wheels and don't bounce off or slip like before. My rig may be 6-7lbs. no weights on wheels.

So far, pretty impressed. I must say at first I thought they were going to be too firm like a tire with too much air, but now its just we're used to foams with no support.
I am glad you are liking the new foams

Quote:
Originally Posted by hibbs View Post
I'm looking to buy 2 sets of these foams. I have 2 SCXs, running IROKs (4.65" tire, truck ~8lbs) and the other running TTC Baja Claws (4.75" tire, truck ~7 lbs). I am looking for some advice as to what to buy. I was thinking the 4.5 nova foams for the IROKs in soft front and rear and 4.75 for the TTC Baja Claws in soft front and rear also. Any input on what firmness or size for the foams to buy would be greatly appreciated.

Both sets of tires are on RC4WD wheels (Pro10s/Claws; OEMs/IROKs)

4.65" IROK 8 Pound Truck
4.50" Soft Outer Front
4.50" Medium Outer Rear (might have to narrow the rear outer foam to 1.5" width if it feels too stiff.)

4.75" BAJA Claw 7 Pound Truck
4.50" Soft Outer Front
4.50" Medium Outer Rear

The 4.75" is pretty big & stiff. It's best for heavy trucks and big tires.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stelerzman View Post
Hi Eddy,It's John, we meet at ECC. I had no idea you had the same foams for the 1.9 MRC crawler. please PM me the total cost of a set of foams and i will PP the $$ to you. Thank for making a great product. Thanks..
Hi John, please check out this thread for more information about Mini Rock Crawler foams:
- 1.9 Lil' Nova Foam Product Line -
I do not make a dual stage foam for the MRC. The average MRC is 3 pounds and the weight does not justify a dual stage foam. Plus the average MRC tire is 3.75" tall.

*_* C.I.'s Lil' Nova Closed Cell Competition Ready 1.9 Dual Stage Foams *_* - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crawler Innovations Proto type 4.75 Dual Stage Lil' Nova Foams for Scale Crawlers Nova's Ark Tires and Wheels 103 02-24-2020 01:01 PM
*_* C.I.'s Double Deuce Closed Cell Competition Ready Dual Stage Foams *_* Nova's Ark Crawler Innovations 295 10-26-2018 10:55 AM
*_* C.I.'s Super Nova Closed Cell Competition Ready Dual Stage Foams *_* Nova's Ark Crawler Innovations 14 05-22-2014 06:13 PM
Deuce Nova's and Lil Nova's Dual stage foams! bigflex Tires and Wheels 6 10-06-2009 10:50 PM