Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Crawler Innovations

Notices

Thread: 20" BMX bike tire foam insert available

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2024, 09:43 AM   #1
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Lightbulb 20" BMX bike tire foam insert available

Crawler Innovations was the first to combine closed cell and open cell foam into one package with our Double Deuce and Lil’ Nova product lines. After we'd perfected those systems, we turned our attention towards the faster paced rock racer, heavy scalers, and basher genres. The Deuce's Wild Foam line was created. Using only the firm inner material, while focusing on the machined size and shape of the foam.

CWR-3033 is designed for use in 20" BMX bicycle tires. Specifically for 20x2.35" Tires with Tubeless Rims. The purpose of this foam is to prevent sidewall pinch flats, tire burping, cushion hard impacts, and allow the tire to be ridden without air pressure. One foam weighs 4 ounces or 113 grams. This foam requires a tubeless air system. In theory, the rider should be able to run high or low air pressure in the tire and never have to worry about a tire burp or pinch flat. The only way the tire should lose air is by a hole or gash, and even then it should maintain the ability to be ridden. The foam will not allow the tire tread to touch the rim ever.

With this foam, it is possible to use a softer compound tire because the Deuces Wild Foam will add the structure needed for the tire to hold its shape.

These foams will fit many other brands of tires and rims, as long as they are similar in height and width.

These foams require a tubeless air system.

These foams rely on a small air gap between the foam and tire. This loose area allows for the tire to obtain traction, while the foam supports the tire.

Approximate size: 19.50" Height x 1.750" Width (Remember that foam goes inside the tire and one must subtract lug and carcass thickness, plus any reinforcing from the overall tire height.)

This video discusses the 20" BMX Tire Foam Insert that was developed by Crawler Innovations in 2018 after watching the summer X Games and seeing so many park riders fail to complete full runs due to flat tires. This tire foam insert was developed so that BMX riders would have the ability to always finish a run with a run flat technology, but more importantly, they can tune the tire pressure to their liking, instead of being forced to run extremely high tire pressures to combat flats. The only issue is that there is not a tubeless rim and tire available to our knowledge. If you can help with this, please comment, email, or contact Crawler Innovations.
Tire and foam tech by Crawler Innovations.
CWR-3033
https://www.crawlerinnovations.com/de...

https://www.crawlerinnovations.com
https://www.activatedoutlaw.org

#crawlerinnovations #activatedoutlaw #ayalametalworks #doubledeucefoams #deuceswildfoams #lilnovafoams #rccrawler #6boltwheels #cicellblock

Nova's Ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2024, 10:16 AM   #2

Default Re: 20" BMX bike tire foam insert available

As an old man, I have zero interest in BMX these days, but it is very cool to see RC tech translate to BMX.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2024, 05:27 AM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: 20" BMX bike tire foam insert available

As an old man that recently resurrected his 30yo XSPro, I find this very interesting. Too bad I respoked my Schwinn hubs onto some cheap Stranger XL wide barrels.
Brake Weight is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
activated outlaw, ayala metal works, bmx, crawler innovations, deuces wild foams

20" BMX bike tire foam insert available - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
stock tire and foam insert question andymac0035 Max Speed Technology CMX 2 05-24-2020 07:10 PM
Deuce's Wild XL Foam Pair; 3.8" ID; Yeti XL Foam / BFG Krawler Tire Nova's Ark Crawler Innovations 12 08-31-2015 08:20 AM
"Vintage" BMX bike d00ds.... toyofast Chit Chat 28 07-06-2010 12:07 AM