Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Competitions and Events > WRCCA Championship Series > DLUX presents the Red Rock Rumble

Notices

Thread: The Best of the West: Oct. 27-28th - Wendover, NV

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2012, 10:08 AM   #381
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: The Best of the West: Oct. 27-28th - Wendover, NV

Had a great time with my team . I would like to say thanks to all the guys that mad the trip out had fun meeting all the guys and seeing all the good driving going on out there . Good job to the BYBs a few of use did it in BYB style in the lights good job to all ! Thanks to dlux and all who helped !
UMPI is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-29-2012, 01:11 PM   #382
2013 2.2P Nat. Champion

Thanks Erik and all of the judges, marshalls, sponsors and drivers for an awesome weekend. Many that was a blast. Great call Erik on that tax free mexican joint. That's the most food for $6 I've ever had...and it was good. The courses were awesome. Excellent range of difficulties with nice flow. Excellent comp site selection and I really liked the fact that the comp spot was not pre-run by anyone before the comp. Thanks for the hoodie John. Some pics of the stunning surroundings. That's Wendover looking toward Salt Lake.

J
Attached Images

SkaldidDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:32 PM   #383
MFDesigns

wow what an event. thanks to erik and the sponsors and those who judged ecspecially the BYB for judging all week end even though 99% of them only ran on saterday. my driving sucked all weekend but i had a great time. see you all at the next one.
mfawv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 03:21 PM   #384
Gold Star Baby!

Here is a big thanks to Erik for putting this all together and for all the great people, vendors, BYB for helping out an all who made this thing happen...... This was by far the funnest comps I've done.

Meeting everyone and putting a face to all the screen names. Here's too an Awesome group of people and a bitchin time.

Congrats to the top 3.... you guys earned it. It was not easy to say the least
redrokin00XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:33 PM   #385
Rock Crawler

Thanks Erik,the sponsors,the judges and marshalls, as well as all the drivers for weekend full of live action!! yeee yeeee yeeee!!!!
CrAwLeR13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 09:48 PM   #386
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Oh boy..... what a week....

I just got home today after slowly following my broken down Suburban (fun times ahead!), got through a billion emails/PM's and finally getting back to the uncomfortable busy that I am used to.

I had an excellent time! Who needs drugs when you can get a natural high like this weekend gives me? I would like to thank each and every person that made it out to this comp. YOU all made this happen.

I have some special thanks that I would like to give. I was going to dish out a generic thanks since you cant miss anybody that way and you don’t look like a huge jackass but, I think too many people deserve a personalized thank you since they went so far out of their way.

Judges:
BYBRCC, Chaotic, JJ, Stubs, SDS, Rcbros, Catfish
How could I come up with a crazy idea like 7 courses without having a serious bunch of bad asses to cover it? Seriously, these guys all did us a big favor. Its not easy standing around all day judging. HUGE thanks guys.

Chaotic Crawlers:
Seriously huge thanks to Boost and Mac10. I didn’t even have to say anything and these two were there to help me along the way. With their experience in holding big comps I could have not done it without them.

801- Tmoney:
Donating all the comp supplies and helping make sure they were in order and ready to go. I cant thank T$ enough for the grueling job of inputting the scores. A total of 730 scores had to be put in not to mention lots of detective work. You da man T$.

Lil Digger:
This guy needs to check in to his hotel at 6pm or risks not having a room. So what does he do? He stays, risking not having a room just so people can use his lantern to run! Not to mention he was begging to help in anyway and supplied boundaries. Thanks Digger!

Dani-Nicodrive:
Thanks so much for preserving our memories with the pictures and video. Always great conversations with you.

JeremyH:
Taking the marshal job so serious and doing it so well… on his vacation.

Joel:
Setting up a sick course and going completely out of his way to help clean up and just a general awesome guy.

JJ:
Helping clean up, spending the whole day judging. Thanks for stepping up!

JesseH/everyone:
I have a renewed hope in humanity after seeing that our comp sites were left MUCH better than when we arrived. Everybody saw that there was a decent amount of garbage when we got there, it was looking pretty good when we left. This is AWESOME! Pretty sure it was JesseH that was picking up a HUGE garbage bag and filling it not only with our garbage but generally cleaning the area.

PNW crew for the jump start, setting up courses.

The Crawl space for not only providing great prizes but setting up a course.

Chris the battery man:
Not only for sponsoring the event but for giving free solder jobs. I know I appreciated mine!

Diddys, RedrockinXJ001, Tuner, Hardknocks:
Thanks for stepping up when not even asked to help. I appreciate having good people around.

And last but not least, thank you to the great sponsors for the support, free lunch and drinks on both days and the prizes:
RC Country
The Crawl Space
Cow RC
CreeperBob
Team Debead
Krawler Konceptz
AX10TN
Brood

If I missed anybody, I greatly apologize. Thanks again to everybody for a really great time!
Erik D_lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:51 PM   #387
Rock Crawler

Thumbs up Re: The Best of the West: Oct. 27-28th - Wendover, NV

Thank you all for your time in making this event happen, I know it is a lot of work to put these kind of events together!
I did try and thank every person that judged for me, but wanted to extend my thanks to all the judges/marshalls/scorekeeper/vendors & anyone else who stepped up to help make this a very smooth running event.

I personally had a great time...
Making new friends, getting to drive some really great courses, all while watching a lot of talented drivers do their thing!

I look forward to hanging out with you all again in the near future!
BigBlackCummins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 07:21 PM   #388

Just wanted to give my THANKS again to ALL that helped out with this comp in any way And Thanks to Erik and any and all that helped fix my super, i rarely get to drive it and had a blast driving at such a big comp.With that many people and seven courses i kinda thought the lantern would be needed, so I'm glad I could help with those that needed it. Congrats to ALL the top drivers you earned it. I know I still took top five in having a freakin blast, what a fun weekend it was and already can't wait for the 2013 BOTW. I thought the courses were way awesome and very challenging to drive. Thanks again to ALL for such a good weekend
Lil Digger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 07:31 PM   #389
5th D Owner/Driver

Huge thanks to everyone that made this event possible and helped it run smoothly. I had a great time and it was good to finally put faces to names, I cant wait till the next one!
cboggs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2012, 09:20 PM   #390
Quarry Creeper

Thanks to everyone............i had a blast to much good stuff to write with a phone.soo thanks agin
Lincoln is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 07:49 PM   #391
Quarry Creeper

I had a BLAST! Courses were spot on and vary hard. Big thanks to Dlux for all his work in getting this comp together, Thanks to all that spent their day on the rocks Judging.
Congrats to the winners. A thanks to Danny and friend for coming from the furthest away from us, to support and run with us. And a thanks to all that came from out of state.
Wendover is such a great place to crawl.
RockSurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2012, 08:10 PM   #392
Quarry Creeper

great comp, amazing drivers.

The trophies are some of the coolest i have seen. Nice work BYB. I was told that they were hand made with an angle grinder to shape them. Awesome a handjob is sometimes much better than a machine doing the work, you get someones blood, sweat and tears into that work.

Last edited by durrty; 11-01-2012 at 08:12 PM.
durrty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:12 AM   #393
Pebble Pounder

Thanks to Erik and all judges, sponsors and to all the riders for the great weekend.

The competition area is just amazing and the courses were very challenging.

Unfortunately, on Friday my 2.2s has not kept long and already on the second course quit his job, one front CVD has a broken shaft.
But I have seen that my 2.2s working so far great.
But because I had enough time to take some pictures and more videos.

Have all your photos and video to pass on to Dani, he is sure about what nice post.

If at all possible, I'll be there again next year.
farmertom72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:58 AM   #394
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by durrty View Post
Awesome a handjob is sometimes much better than a machine doing the work,
You said it
boosted4lyf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:43 AM   #395
j22
Rock Stacker

Thanks to Erik for putting on a awesome comp an to the BYB & RCC guys for judging all day . This was my first big out of state comp had a good time hope to see every one next year or at nats.....
j22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 06:50 PM   #396
RcBros Hobbies

Wow its been awhile since I pulled a 40+ non sleep session. I'm sure I was in zombie mode most of Friday! I will say however it was worth it. The drive wasn't as bad as I thought and the rock and location was perfect. I've never experienced rock as hungry as the rock there in Wendover. You also can't beat the food prices

Just wanted to say thanks to Erik for organizing this event! I've been to multiple large events and have not had the opportunity to talk and meet as many people as I did at this competition. The moral was all positive amongst everyone and no one was afraid to talk to anyone. That's what I like to see and makes me remember why I left the onroad and offroad racing scenes

The coolers full of beverages at each course was top notch. Sometimes its the little things people remember the most, and IMO this was by far the coolest thing and set the comp apart for me. Sometimes having to run back to your rig for refreshments seems like a real pain and I often say screw it and keep driving. This usually results in feeling sick towards the end of the day. Being able to grab a water or a cold MT. Dew for my caffeine fix was awesome.

It was great meeting everyone and I look forward to seeing you all again at another comp coming soon.

Last edited by RcBro; 11-03-2012 at 10:48 AM.
RcBro is offline   Reply With Quote

The Best of the West: Oct. 27-28th - Wendover, NV - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
West valley Smurf Arizona 6 01-31-2012 07:42 PM
Anyone in West TX? realmoto Texas 0 12-12-2011 10:46 AM
South West ? Strafe New Jersey 28 05-09-2011 02:40 PM
West Kila JEracing Montana 7 05-25-2008 10:59 AM
Key West Col_Sanders Florida 2 05-05-2008 02:08 PM