Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Duratrax Cliff Climber

Notices

Thread: DuraTrax Cliff Climber

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2008, 10:57 PM   #21
Pebble Pounder

duratrax the one that gives a 1 year on plastic parts ?
saul is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-11-2008, 01:22 AM   #22

Rambuller....
I was impliying rigs. Not tires. Not speed controllers. Axial is not that major of a company. Last 1/8 scale race buggy they released? Monster truck? truggy? 1/10 stadium truck? I own an AX10 and within the first 5 minutes of running it I realized what a massive design flaw the battery location is. R and R at some place like Losi or Associated wouldnt have resulted in such a piss poor design flaw in such a capable machine.
Axial is a small company in the RC world right now. I doubt it will stay that way. Unless crawling ends up becoming a "fad". Which unfortunatly happens alot in other industrys. Dumbass was a little harsh...but whatever. So calm down.
And I have not been like some noob and posting questions for veterans to answer. I know enough to look around.
Not trying to start anything but that dumbass comment pissed me off. I have been racing buggys for some time so I have been around. I also have had interest in RC for almost 20 years. Unless there is money to be made a company won't invest alot of money into it. Hence why Losi and other similar companies did not come out with a rig a while ago. It costs bigger companies more money to get something started. Axial went after a niche that noone up until now has. If bigger companies start to see money being poured into it then they will jump on the bandwagon. Tamiya obviously saw what their RC trucks were being used for sometimes. Hpi realized they could convert an existing vehicle to make it a crawler. And Axial knew they would have the sole product for a period of time. Duratrax is not being the fool in all of this.
drftfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 01:32 AM   #23
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by drftfan View Post
Rambuller....
I was impliying rigs. Not tires. Not speed controllers. Axial is not that major of a company. Last 1/8 scale race buggy they released? Monster truck? truggy? 1/10 stadium truck? I own an AX10 and within the first 5 minutes of running it I realized what a massive design flaw the battery location is. R and R at some place like Losi or Associated wouldnt have resulted in such a piss poor design flaw in such a capable machine.
Axial is a small company in the RC world right now. I doubt it will stay that way. Unless crawling ends up becoming a "fad". Which unfortunatly happens alot in other industrys. Dumbass was a little harsh...but whatever. So calm down.
And I have not been like some noob and posting questions for veterans to answer. I know enough to look around.
Not trying to start anything but that dumbass comment pissed me off. I have been racing buggys for some time so I have been around. I also have had interest in RC for almost 20 years. Unless there is money to be made a company won't invest alot of money into it. Hence why Losi and other similar companies did not come out with a rig a while ago. It costs bigger companies more money to get something started. Axial went after a niche that noone up until now has. If bigger companies start to see money being poured into it then they will jump on the bandwagon. Tamiya obviously saw what their RC trucks were being used for sometimes. Hpi realized they could convert an existing vehicle to make it a crawler. And Axial knew they would have the sole product for a period of time. Duratrax is not being the fool in all of this.

Thats why companies like axial have released kits like this, not so they can be 100% rock worthy out of the box, it takes alot of knowledge to build a worthy rig and why should they release a rig that will be 100% rock ready, a little knowledge goes a long way, im glad to see a rig released that need a little work to be worthy

Last edited by 5150 Krawlers; 04-11-2008 at 02:04 AM. Reason: A little harsh
5150 Krawlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 01:48 AM   #24
Rock Crawler

...Wow
Well lets see, there is a new duratrax crawler coming out Newbs are getting pounded, people fighting using their big Internet voices. BRB going to get my popcorn

All in all every rig, and I mean every rig gets tweaked or modded in some way shape or form, as quoted on here in a signature, give 20 people the same parts and get 20 different crawlers. The axial may not be as comp ready as a rig built by Bender but his did not come out of a box with instructions. The axial kit is a great kit and I welcome the fact that other companies are noticing the increase of RC Crawlers. I own a Bender SW2 It is a great comp rig and I own a Axial Scorpion modded to my needs and it is one tough contender as well.

BTW all RC Cars break if you drive them right

Last edited by JBHardwear; 04-11-2008 at 01:50 AM.
JBHardwear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 02:00 AM   #25
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbhardwear View Post
...Wow
Well lets see, there is a new duratrax crawler coming out Newbs are getting pounded, people fighting using their big Internet voices. BRB going to get my popcorn

All in all every rig, and I mean every rig gets tweaked or modded in some way shape or form, as quoted on here in a signature, give 20 people the same parts and get 20 different crawlers. The axial may not be as comp ready as a rig built by Bender but his did not come out of a box with instructions. The axial kit is a great kit and I welcome the fact that other companies are noticing the increase of RC Crawlers. I own a Bender SW2 It is a great comp rig and I own a Axial Scorpion modded to my needs and it is one tough contender as well.

Couldnt be said better
5150 Krawlers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 11:45 AM   #26

I agree also. Regardless what any magazine says I don't think the AX10 is comp ready. I am actually going to buy a second one strictly for climbing and convert my current one to my scale truck. I don't have much interest in the Duratrax truck. Not because I dislike them in anyway, just I have one AX10, my mugen buggy and soon to be a second Ax10. Why get just another vehicle.
I will say this. I have heard multiple times that Duratrax uses older designs. The Raze buggy, the evader etc. At least this time maybe they will have something on their own. Or it will be a repackaged Axial. Which wouldnt surprise me.
drftfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 01:12 PM   #27
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbhardwear View Post
...Wow

AMEN!

Now lets try to stay on topic.
spot me 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 07:17 PM   #28
I wanna be Dave

One of my co-workers got a chance to drive a prototype yesterday from what I understand (wasn't at that store yesterday:-(), sounds like it's set up like a mini "Clod" and works well too!
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 07:53 PM   #29
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by saul View Post
duratrax the one that gives a 1 year on plastic parts ?
yup, they might go broke from us crawlers!
mysharona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 08:35 PM   #30
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by BJoe View Post
One of my co-workers got a chance to drive a prototype yesterday from what I understand (wasn't at that store yesterday:-(), sounds like it's set up like a mini "Clod" and works well too!
Do you know what size it is or what size motors it uses?
HndsWthtShdws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2008, 08:42 PM   #31
Quarry Creeper

Anyone got any pictures of it?
LST022752 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 05:22 AM   #32
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by HndsWthtShdws View Post
Does anyone have any info on this? According to Tower it should be available in 2 months but I havn't heard anything about it, and apparantly google hasnt either.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXURC2&P=0

Well know it shows an invalid Stock Number...And You can't even search tower for Cliff Climber. My guess is Tower Jumped and posted it before Duratrax wanted them to. Thats just my guess.
run2jeepn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 10:30 AM   #33
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by HndsWthtShdws View Post
Do you know what size it is or what size motors it uses?
Sounds like it's running 370 or 380 motors

Quote:
Originally Posted by LST022752 View Post
Anyone got any pictures of it?
My co-worker wanted to take a pic, but was told no:-(
BJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 10:42 AM   #34
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by run2jeepn View Post
Well know it shows an invalid Stock Number...And You can't even search tower for Cliff Climber. My guess is Tower Jumped and posted it before Duratrax wanted them to. Thats just my guess.
X2, there was info on there and now it shows nothing
JBHardwear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 11:24 AM   #35
Rock Crawler

It uses (2) 380 size motors.
BJoe I had a good time on the course and hanging out talking to Jay. Sorry you missed it
Sorry I couldnt let him take pics. I should be able to post more info very soon.
J
jdawg53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 12:44 PM   #36
Nor-CalRCRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by drftfan View Post
Rambuller....
I own an AX10 and within the first 5 minutes of running it I realized what a massive design flaw the battery location is. R and R at some place like Losi or Associated wouldnt have resulted in such a piss poor design flaw in such a capable machine.
I am not totally sure what Axial's reason was for the battery mount location but being the first production cralwer they were taking a risk and I am sure they wanted it to be marketable to as many people as possible. I would assume that the battery mount was done so people who already owned or had easy access to sub-c stick packs would have a simple place to mount them. Easy for a first time builder. I built my first RC over 25 years ago when I was 12 with no adult assistance. If they want to be able to market it to first timers with no experience I think it's a simple way to make the most widely availabe battery work.

I am glad to see more companies buiding crawlers and am truly interested to see what Duratrax comes up with.
montereycrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 11:22 PM   #37
Rock Crawler

Hey I've watched and read this board for years, I first joined last year. I use the search button on a regular basis. The only reason my post count isnt higher is I just figured out how to post. Now I can hit all the old skoolers with some sweet questions, like where can I get RCP maxsteerknuckles, who sells the TCS X-trail chassis, arent cantilever suspensions way better, and lastly who's this Bender guy? Oh yeah, Ill probably buy this Duratrax thing, I mean the nylints sucked too but hey it made me wow at my clods and tlts that much more. Ha, I said TLT they dont even make those anymore.... does that make me oldskool if I have 2 and 1 unopened in the box?
rocresq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 02:48 PM   #38
Nope..

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdawg53 View Post
It uses (2) 380 size motors.
BJoe I had a good time on the course and hanging out talking to Jay. Sorry you missed it
Sorry I couldnt let him take pics. I should be able to post more info very soon.
J
Interesting. Not using 540's because there is one for each axle maybe? An odd way to look at it, but whatever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezfan View Post
I have to earn credits by helping nOObs, that way when I flame one I can cash in my credits to keep from getting infractions!
LOL. That's funny right there.
Brainstain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 05:03 PM   #39
RCC Addict

maybe a solid axle version of the mini quake is my guess. i mean maybe it isn't even solid axle. who knows
RCMFMaxxMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 07:45 PM   #40
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RCMFMaxxMan View Post
maybe a solid axle version of the mini quake is my guess. i mean maybe it isn't even solid axle. who knows
It is a completely new chassis, a purpose built crawler. Not a monster truck labeled as a crawler.
jdawg53 is offline   Reply With Quote