RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Duratrax Cliff Climber (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/duratrax-cliff-climber/)
-   -   Dez's CC Zero (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/duratrax-cliff-climber/132455-dezs-cc-zero.html)

dezfan 09-09-2008 12:47 PM

And then the wife comes home and put me to work.:-(

Just waiting on a few parts and it should be good to go. Hope to have pics of the CCZ on the rocks real soon!"thumbsup"

cartronicshn 09-09-2008 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dezfan (Post 1336909)
And then the wife comes home and put me to work.:-(

Just waiting on a few parts and it should be good to go. Hope to have pics of the CCZ on the rocks real soon!"thumbsup"

:lol: I hear ya on the wife part, are you getting new motors? i tried the 454's from JRH and for the few seconds the cc actually ran, i was:shock: really impressed on the low end balls this thing have, and the wheelspeed was awesome, all of this on nimh 6 cell:shock:

dezfan 09-09-2008 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cartronicshn (Post 1336928)
:lol: I hear ya on the wife part, are you getting new motors? i tried the 454's from JRH and for the few seconds the cc actually ran, i was:shock: really impressed on the low end balls this thing have, and the wheelspeed was awesome, all of this on nimh 6 cell:shock:

I'll install a set of the Mini Pullers, but first I want to upgrade all of the gears and the out-drives to the metal components. After the metal parts are installed and the Pullers are in, I might even try the CC axles out w/ a set of 2.2s?:twisted:

cartronicshn 09-09-2008 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dezfan (Post 1336933)
I'll install a set of the Mini Pullers, but first I want to upgrade all of the gears and the out-drives to the metal components. After the metal parts are installed and the Pullers are in, I might even try the CC axles out w/ a set of 2.2s?:twisted:

I think with the aluminum gears it w2ill take the abuse of the mini pullers, not so sure on the 2.2's , sounds like there might be carnage, get pics:lol::twisted:

jdawg53 09-12-2008 02:09 PM

I've been running the HH puller motors for a while now and ran it quite a bit out in Moab at the Nationals to pass the time. I ran a 5 cell battery located over the front servo with a Novak Rooster Crawler and the performance was VERY good. I will definately be taking the Rooster out in the future and swapping for a FXR. I am using FXR-Pro's in my Berg and I prefer the FXR's over the Rooster. Just my opinoin.
I also tried an 8 cell battery with the puller motors and it was well.....rediculous to put it mildly:lol: Too punchy and way more wheel speed than you need for crawling. I think 5 cells works very well, but will be trying 6 cells once all my stuff gets back from Moab just to see how it performs.
I highly recommend the Holmes Hobbies puller motors.

dezfan 09-12-2008 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdawg53 (Post 1341237)
I've been running the HH puller motors for a while now and ran it quite a bit out in Moab at the Nationals to pass the time. I ran a 5 cell battery located over the front servo with a Novak Rooster Crawler and the performance was VERY good. I will definately be taking the Rooster out in the future and swapping for a FXR. I am using FXR-Pro's in my Berg and I prefer the FXR's over the Rooster. Just my opinoin.
I also tried an 8 cell battery with the puller motors and it was well.....rediculous to put it mildly:lol: Too punchy and way more wheel speed than you need for crawling. I think 5 cells works very well, but will be trying 6 cells once all my stuff gets back from Moab just to see how it performs.
I highly recommend the Holmes Hobbies puller motors.

Yeah, Johnrob and I did some crawling right before Nat's and the Mini Pullers are just as amazing as their bigger brothers.

Like I said, at some point I intend to really put the hurt on these axles and test them w/ the Pullers and running full size 2.2s!

jdawg53 09-12-2008 02:14 PM

I ran Losi Claws and Proline Hammers with no problems.

dezfan 09-12-2008 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jdawg53 (Post 1341250)
I ran Losi Claws and Proline Hammers with no problems.

That's good to hear!"thumbsup"

brushlessnut 09-12-2008 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dezfan (Post 1331274)
Thanks guys, like I stated, we're (CMRCRC) going to run a 10.5 class w/ 1.9s and this is my "secret" weapon!:ror:

o really so can i make a nother set of driveshaft and links for my sw3 and put some 1.9's on it after I run it in the 2.2 class :lol:

twisted 09-12-2008 11:08 PM

anyone got any footage of the mini pullers in the cc ?

dezfan 09-13-2008 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by brushlessnut (Post 1342067)
o really so can i make a nother set of driveshaft and links for my sw3 and put some 1.9's on it after I run it in the 2.2 class :lol:

Pffft, it's still a shafty.:roll:

;-):-P:ror:

brushlessnut 09-15-2008 11:04 AM

:shock: have you even beat me at a comp yet or rikki??? :lol:jk yea i plan on putting my shaft away soon ;-) frist we'll see how the next comp i can make gose

dezfan 09-15-2008 12:05 PM

Cocky little shit huh. :ror:

Anyone can be lucky twice!:-P

Hope to see you guys again soon, you going to Crawlapalooza?

brushlessnut 09-16-2008 08:38 AM

naww to long of a drive inless we can drive there and ride down with you guys :lol: lucky shit when im around your rig dont even wanna work ;-)