Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Duratrax Cliff Climber

Notices

Thread: Class

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2009, 01:10 PM   #41
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason View Post
Lemme know when they drop and I'll send BD right over.
BWAHAHAH! Holy Crap that was funny!

Quote:
Originally Posted by randy1 View Post
yup your rite i doubt i will eather for this is my first year at it. but im sure u did . did you get the title your first year ? i have raced at the nats in 1/18 scale only took me 2 years to get there. im sure if thats what i wanted to do i can get there .
Look dude, 1st off "rite" isn't a word. Its Right. Use propor grammer please. It's a simple request to post online. At the top right of the post box there is a little ABC box with a Check next to it. Click that and It will correct all your spelling errors for you. I used to post all the time and used "U" instead of "you" and "k" instead of "okay". It's freaking Phone Texting that's screwing peoples grammer skills apart. I honestly did not care how my spelling was untill I hung around forums a lot and noticed it's so annoying that people can not spell correctly, or take the time to spell correctly. All we ask is for you to please use correct spelling and punctuation. It does not take that long, and it makes your post more professional and people will take the time to be seriouse about your post. ;)
eron is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-25-2009, 02:46 PM   #42
WOOPOOW!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason View Post
Lemme know when they drop and I'll send BD right over.
Dude I just spit sweet tea all over the computer screen! Thanks for the laugh, I needed that today.

As for randy1, just try the hints everyone has been giving you, and see if they change there attitude.
Colby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 11:05 AM   #43

I don't actually see a down side to the CC. you can run it in 2 classes if you want. Stretch the CC to 12.5, lock out the rear steering and have some nice 2.2's on it and your in a 2.2 class. put the rear steer on and larger tires and rims and your now in a super class. yes you will be beat bad in the super class but it can be done.
Lestats Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 01:03 PM   #44
Pebble Pounder

Haha. You are all fighting over a Duratrax Cliff Climber. I find it all sad, no matter who is right or wrong. Why is it such a big deal? It would take just as much modification on a CC to make it 1.9 viable as it would to make it somewhat decent in the 2.2 class. Its Duratrax's fault for not making a car that suits a good market. Its a good starting rig, and is designed to have fun with. Your all pathetic for bitching and arguing about it. Its so cheap, why not take an hour and play with it. Put a gear reduction on it. Move the top links so it fits. Put some smaller 2.2 comp wheels on it. Some of the clod stall is solved with gear reduction units, the rest can be solved with a smaller pinion in back. Do everyone a favor and beat your wives instead of argue on a forum. Its sad. Its sad that I even read some of it. Peace :-P
tom tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 05:46 PM   #45
Quarry Creeper

What is sad is that it bothers you enough for you to feel you needed to write a story on it. I think it will make a fine 2.2 crawler, Duratrax just needs to step up with some aftermarket support for motors.
doubletrouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 02:05 PM   #46
Rock Crawler

Just to put my 2 cents in, the arguing is nuts, if you feel the need to argue use the PM's, as far as proper grammer goes............use it! It is hard to read posts that need to be decoded to understand what the member is trying to say, if you are from another country.........you have an excuse..........if you make a mistake or two so what (we all make mistakes)...........if your post is full of mistakes to the point that it is hard to read doen't post it till they are fixed.

As far as class goes, duratrax was the first one out (after the Axial), I believe they were trying to get a jump on the market to make a buck, they did not do there homework before they released there product. I am not saying that it is not a nice truck (I just ordered one), but they are the only ones to blame for it being an off scale. The "governing bodies" did not have it in for duratrax, they just created rules that would allow an even comp field without making it to complicated. If you look at all the regs you can clearly see that each class gets more restrictive as you go done in size. It makes perfect sense to me and yes, I wish I could comp my soon to arrive cliff climber in the 1.9 class but that is not the case so I will comp it in the 2.2 or just use it for fun depending on how the testing goes against my AX-10 comp rig.
fixed13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 10:56 PM   #47
RCC Addict

What is the width of the CC axles compared to an Axial? You guys actually have me thinking of taking a stab at a 2.2 CC comp rig. Wouldn't it be fun to see a CC smoking some Axials?
701 Technique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 11:47 PM   #48
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by 701 Technique View Post
What is the width of the CC axles compared to an Axial? You guys actually have me thinking of taking a stab at a 2.2 CC comp rig. Wouldn't it be fun to see a CC smoking some Axials?

I don't have any numbers but they look fairly close, I think it would take alot of cash to make a CC beat an axial. Would be fun to see though.
fixed13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 06:40 PM   #49
Quarry Creeper

My CC with axial wheels is right at 10 inches wide outside to outside. I climb with two of my buddies that both have axials, I can do a pretty good job at keeping up with them. I stretched the frame and can now do some rocks that they have trouble with.
doubletrouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2009, 11:52 PM   #50
Rock Stacker

This is a Losi dominated community here. If Duratrax had the juice like Losi it would definitely be allowed to compete. Think about it, what if CC was a Losi or Axial product? Do you think the rccrawler community would turn it down?

Case closed.
Fobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 06:49 AM   #51
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fobby View Post
This is a Losi dominated community here. If Duratrax had the juice like Losi it would definitely be allowed to compete. Think about it, what if CC was a Losi or Axial product? Do you think the rccrawler community would turn it down?

Case closed.
The brand had nothing to do with the CC getting turned down in the rules committee. The committee voted for a shafty only 1.9 class, overwhelmingly. I wanted MOA rigs too, which would have allowed the CC axles.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 07:53 PM   #52
RCC Addict

What is the reason behind people not wanting dig for the 1.9 class?
701 Technique is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 08:16 PM   #53
owner, Holmes Hobbies LLC

That was tied together with the shafty deal. No MOA since they can have a natural dig. I think many of the current competitors wanted a class with just throttle and steering, kinda like a stock class. Keeps it simple, and keeps the class very specific and competitive.
JohnRobHolmes is offline   Reply With Quote