Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Duratrax Cliff Climber

Notices

Thread: Just bought my CC.....

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2008, 04:49 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default Just bought my CC.....

I just purchased my CC from Tower Hobbies. They have them for 149.99 right now for the RTR. Couldn't pass it up. I have read all the threads on upgrading this thing, but I ask everyone....what is the first and most important things to upgrade. I figure full bearings, and metal gears? Any other input would be great. I have an Axial and a WK that I converted, so I am not a complete newb. Let me know what you think!
pmikeyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-30-2008, 04:54 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

nice, they are lots of fun, hope your rig goes well
cliffclimba:) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 04:58 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

Just purchased one last night as well. Figured couldn't beat Towers price...oh and easy pay...at Christmas time always helps lol. Done lots of reading here the last couple days on it. Sounds like a cool little rig. I would really like to see what different chassis
' are available that would work tho. I wanna lower that pig some Too damn cold out now to run the baja, this will gimme something to do inside to piss off the wife.

Last edited by thunderwagn; 11-30-2008 at 05:11 PM.
thunderwagn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 05:02 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

My thoughts exactly! I have read where people are doing chasis swaps, but I think I am gonna bullet proof mine first. I think metal gears and bearings, then we will stretch it. My buddy has the Losi Mini Crawler. I almost bought one, then I saw this deal at Tower and the rest is history.
Old 11-30-2008, 05:41 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

I ordered one from Stormer Hobbies for my son for Christmas, the brown one was the one he picked out. Was $152.94 shipped. The next day Tower lowered theirs to $139 and I had a $20 off coupon, so my wife said to order one for myself as a present from her, God I love that woman. I got me the orange version and this one was $138.54 shipped. I will be doing the free upgrades first then slowly building them up a little at a time. I wanted the LMC for Christmas for myself, but for $100 cheaper, we couldn't resist.

The closest place that holds comps is 2 hours away, so these will be just for our personal fun. We are gonna go for a semi-scaler look and mainly use them for another addition to the growing trail truck collection.
blackfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 06:28 PM   #6

I picked a CC up last night as well. Have a friend with one, and at this price I figured I ought to grab one too, even if it's just to climb small rocks and sofa cushions. This certainly looks like the cheapest way to see if I'll get hooked on crawling.
soyverde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 07:07 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

i got one(artr) when they first came out I had a tower coupon and I paid $110w free shipping.... I put a Mamba 25 w a 3 cell lipo and I just stretched it to make it 2.2 legal....
Attached Images

Bermbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 07:48 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

Thats probably what mine will look like after i get it. There is nowhere near me that does comps, but I cant leave anything stock! I have an Axial I just got running again, and I already have a grocery list of stuff for it too. This is way too addicting! If anyone out there have a need for a Savage, Slider, Brushless 18R, Losi XXX-S, Plane stuff and etc. let me know....I may sell/trade them to fund my addiction! LOL
Old 12-01-2008, 07:25 PM   #9
Rock Stacker

Hey Berm....what shocks did you go with when you stretched it? I have a set of Maxx shocks-think they will work?
Old 12-02-2008, 06:24 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmikeyg View Post
Hey Berm....what shocks did you go with when you stretched it? I have a set of Maxx shocks-think they will work?
I used Tamiya TLT shocks. You need a narrow shock body to work w
the stock upper shock mounts.
Bermbuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2008, 10:21 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

looks like you need to shorten those upper links in the front. tilt that axel back some you will get a little more gc as well as better steering. get those steering links parallel with the ground
gigercreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 06:04 AM   #12
Rock Stacker

Looks like we got a great deal from Tower guys. Their $ is back up to normal Mine will be here tomorrow, but strict orders from the warden. No opening till xmas
Old 12-03-2008, 06:29 AM   #13
Rock Stacker

Ha....I can open mine now, but no upgrades til Santa brings them!
Old 12-03-2008, 05:12 PM   #14

Doggonit, I paid $149 at tower, but am a member so, I got the CC, two of the new 1600mah batteries and two packs of AA batts. for $176.00 w/shipping because of free ship and $25.00 off $199.00
bud212002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 10:46 PM   #15
Rock Stacker

That is a good deal. I am gonna run it off one battery, I just need to figure out the best way to short/jump the second leads to do it.
Old 12-05-2008, 12:36 PM   #16
Rock Stacker

Just got my CC out of the box, and I already know that I am gonna invest a fortune in this thing. First thing is locking out the rear servo, and upgrading the front.....then I am gonna put it on my 3PK radio. Tires will be next, then the aluminum upgrades.
Old 12-11-2008, 08:57 PM   #17
Rock Stacker

Ok everyone. I am running off one pack and the front motor does not want to run all the time. I used a jumper to short the b1+ and b1- wires. Do I need to hard wire them together? Help
Old 12-12-2008, 06:00 AM   #18
Rock Stacker

Hmm, I would also like to run one batt. also. I have seen several threads on here about it, I would like to know more tho. What is everyone running for batteries? Stock? I really am only wanting to run 1 pack and mount it over the front axle. I don't want issues tho either by only running 1.
Old 12-12-2008, 08:40 AM   #19
Rock Stacker

I have read that people are getting an hour of run time off one battery. I am using a 1400 NiMH pack. I talked to someone yesterday, and he told me to check the solder points on my esc and battery! I put Dean's connectors on both....maybe I had a bad soldering day!
Old 12-12-2008, 08:27 PM   #20
Rock Stacker

Ok, I fixed the battery problem...bad solder job on my part! I also foung out that Traxxas 5538 links are a direct fit for the upper and lower links. I had a few sets lying around so I put them in.