Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Duratrax Cliff Climber

Notices

Thread: To Bend or not to Bend

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2009, 08:53 PM   #1

Default To Bend or not to Bend

I installed traxxas tmaxx 3.3 rear links for my lower links on my CC (only on the rear so far). The angle of them isn't good with traxxas long shocks and it gets hung up on a 8" step. if i put in the xxl shocks it pushes the belly of the CC to about 5" however a 8" step is like it is not even there. I am thinking of putting this setup on the front of my CC which will put the wb at almost exactly 12.5, I am at 10.5 currently. now do i bend the lowers to keep the center of gravity down, though i haven't had any issues with that, or keep them straight?
Lestats Ghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-04-2009, 10:21 PM   #2
I wanna be Dave

i have a custom made chassis for my cc using traxxas revo turnbuckels F &R. i have 3.5 in. ground clearance on the belly. most of the time it clears most obsticuls, very rearly do i get hung up real bad.
stelerzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 12:57 PM   #3

From what I understand about bending the lower links is that it gives you more clearance, but not sure how it would affect the center of gravity. If the bent links are the same direct length from point a to point b as the straight ones, everything would sit the same, you're just making more room underneath to climb over stuff. I kept mine straight and haven't had any regrets.

A good way to actually lower the center of gravity without sacrificing shock length is running really soft outer springs, or small ones inside the shock body. (search droop and sprung set ups I don't explain that one very well).

(man this was posted a while back! hope I'm not too late!)
PoorBoyCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote