Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Duratrax Cliff Climber

Notices

Thread: ~TSS~ Cliff Climber Comp Rig

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2009, 04:24 PM   #21

Got any vids of this beast in action?
rev1764 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-2009, 05:29 PM   #22
~THE SCALE SHOP~

na never did. ive actually got a whole new chassis in the works. already got all the parts machined for quiet some time now. just havent had time to put it together. will solve ANY motor to link clearance issues....
STANG KILLA SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 07:44 PM   #23
Quarry Creeper

Gone any further with this project?
doubletrouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 10:47 AM   #24
~THE SCALE SHOP~

well ive finally finished this thing! man its amazing especially compared to what it started from!

TSS CCX V2 chassis
steel links
Tower Pro MG946R servo
Rooster Crawler esc
7 cell 4/5A 2000mah pack
goldmine electronics motors
full metal gears
metal output cups
Mayhem max offset "7"s
Hammer tires
shaved cases

the new chassis is a one off, with an angled skid. i wanted the skid and front links to be parrallel at rest. of course the extra rear clearance is great for ledges. with the 1/2" of slope in the skid im currently running 2.5" front and 3" rear clearance. the roosters precise control and drag brake is so much better than that stock esc.
motors have tons of torque and enough wheels speed for crawling. currently running the stock 11T pinions, but might put in the 9T in the rear or both. probly switch to mayhem lightweight comp wheels and rovers at the same time. this thing has come a long way and seems to be really holding its own

Old 01-23-2010, 11:54 AM   #25
I wanna be Dave

Where did you find 9 tooth pinions at?
4xFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 12:49 PM   #26
~THE SCALE SHOP~

BP hobbies.
Old 01-23-2010, 12:51 PM   #27
Quarry Creeper

Nice job, I was starting to think you had forgotten about the CC. Looks like a great set up. So you think the rooster esc and the motors are the right set up? Looks like you are able to run upper and lower links on the inside still? Planning on making and selling some chassis? One last question would you mind sharing which motors they are? SORRY for all the questions. Thanks

Last edited by doubletrouble; 01-23-2010 at 01:00 PM.
Old 01-23-2010, 02:13 PM   #28
~THE SCALE SHOP~

thanks. naa i was just short on time. the rooster is the ticket for sure. i would like to experiement with other motors too to find the perfect set.
yeah links are still mounted inside on the axles.
the motors are one of the first ones sweli suggested in the motor thread, there is several links to it in there. the link to electronic goldmine.com or something like that. i think they will still probly need the 9T pinions for more low gearing. im getting a bit of glitching, not sure if thats the metal gears or the stock AM junk radio. probly a combination of the two.
Old 01-23-2010, 05:52 PM   #29
Rock Crawler

Nice!
I just finished some work on mine as well. I agree the Rooster Crawler makes a real difference with this beasty. I have noticed some stall at low throttle though (although I'm running smaller guage wires/connectors and a mech dig switch in the rear circuit). I do have the modded 9T's and it helps a bit (I may throw the 11T back in up front). I've got some Banebots coming so I'll give those a try as well. But I'm currently running a 6 cell sub C pack (four over front servo, two on front of chassis - may move those to the rear axle like I have on my Creeper though) ... the extra 1.2V may make a difference with stalling at low throttle

Have you noticed any problematic stall still? I've found what stall i do have give a bit of a dig effect on inclines.

I changed to Venom lower links in the rear, with traxxas 106mm uppers all traxxas ends, and modded stock lowers and traxxas 106mm uppers again. The only probelm I'va had with the Sup so far is some shock roll due to a slightly less than desirable shock angle (but I may change that, either a slight rework to the stock chassis or link mounts or going with a slightly longer shock).

I've also got hammers (on narrowed stock rims), have you weighted them yet? I'm just wondering if the metal gears have held up to wieghted rims.
Rockfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 07:58 PM   #30
~THE SCALE SHOP~

yeah im running massive wire to help elimate stall, but i noticed when coming to a wall, the front cant lift the tires off the ground. front stalls. id like to go to lighter rims and the 9T pinions to see if that helps.
id be curious to try banebots compared to these.

lol no need to weight these rims. they are INSANELY heavy. like double the whole rigs weight. too heavy to be honest. especially for this little rig.
Old 01-23-2010, 09:10 PM   #31
Quarry Creeper

The banebots definitely have some power. I put them in mine they seem really jumpy, hard to throttle smoothly. Might need to adjust my controller.
Old 01-23-2010, 09:35 PM   #32
Rock Crawler

my Tamiya RS380's were really jumpy when I was using the MLST2 ESC, now with the rooster they are nice an smooth. But they are a low wind motor I've found, so poor drag brake as a result.
Rockfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 09:12 AM   #33
Quarry Creeper

I'm running a mamba max, going to buy a rooster crawler to try out.
Old 01-24-2010, 11:20 AM   #34
Quarry Creeper

with the bb 395's and a fxr. the drag brake is awesome. i still havent gotten my second esc yet. i want to say my rear motor is beat, but she'll still do it if i quickly blip the throttle.
73fordhighboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 04:07 AM   #35
dnf

Quote:
Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS View Post
yeah im running massive wire to help elimate stall, but i noticed when coming to a wall, the front cant lift the tires off the ground. front stalls. id like to go to lighter rims and the 9T pinions to see if that helps.
id be curious to try banebots compared to these.

lol no need to weight these rims. they are INSANELY heavy. like double the whole rigs weight. too heavy to be honest. especially for this little rig.

so how is this truck doing?
did ya get lighter wheels,better motors?
status report
rock hard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 02:17 PM   #36
~THE SCALE SHOP~

naa gave up on her. gonna yank all the electronics out and she'll just be a paper weight.
Old 07-31-2010, 04:56 PM   #37
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by STANG KILLA SS View Post
naa gave up on her. gonna yank all the electronics out and she'll just be a paper weight.
Or throw on a hardbody and make a scaler like the clod axled jeep you made
cartronicshn is offline   Reply With Quote