Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Duratrax Cliff Climber

Notices

Thread: What is BAD about the Cliff Climber?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2009, 08:11 PM   #21

i have 2 of them for my kids and thay love them. but it dus lack alot. and thay are all stock. for me i have a ax-10 wich is a nice set up and dus well as a stock truck. i would save and get a ax-10 you would be happyer
rladieu3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-04-2009, 07:48 PM   #22

mine has clod stall too, and today my daughter was playing with it and blew something in the front diff. haven't torn it apart yet, so i don't know what's broke. other than that, the knuckles are weak too. my rear knuckle where the steering arm connects started to flex so bad it'd either track wherever it wanted to, or the rears wouldn't turn when i told them to.
73stallion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 08:32 PM   #23

I picked mine up about a month ago and have been through several different designs so far. From comp to scale to semi original. So far semi original is the only one that works. Basically I used the stock CC with lengthened rear links and rear shocks for kind of a droop rear suspension and actually it works pretty good. Still need to work on the clod stall but I'm gaining on it.
fisherkip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 08:47 PM   #24

is it true that the CC comes with Bushings instead of bearings
moto-mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2009, 09:07 PM   #25
I wanna be Dave

Yes, bushings are part of the reason for the low cost. They can always be added later.
papabash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2009, 08:40 AM   #26
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDBigBubba
If you are looking for a very comp worthy car don't get the CC, get an axial or berg or somethin' else.

this is mainly the reason i went with the cc i like being the underdog that bites everybody in the behind when they least expect it, the bergs and axial are nice but those people will tell you the same if you want it to be nice you are going to have to fab your own stuff to make it better, i have had mine for about 2 weeks now and couldnt be happier. race what you brought thats what i have always heard, stop worry about what others think and build what you like... cc owner and proud of it....
dragit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 04:03 PM   #27
Quarry Creeper

man i think one of these would be fun, but with all the problems listed im eary.. i dont know.. servos suck, no pinions,clod stall,
traxxas4fun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 05:06 PM   #28
I wanna be Dave

clod stall! no diff clearance! wayy too short wheel base, crappy elecs, no where near enough flex that i use, and a body that akways seamed to catch me on the roof
2500hdon37s is offline   Reply With Quote