Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Duratrax Cliff Climber

Notices

Thread: cliff climber gear pitch

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2009, 11:56 PM   #21
Quarry Creeper

Sorry I'm feeling needy... like I need more body off shots. It looks like you have some good stuff going on under there.
brokenb4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-05-2009, 11:56 AM   #22

Default body off pics

ok here is some body off shots that brokenb4 was asking for and im sure others want to see as well.

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/h...1/P1000649.jpg
http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/h...1/P1000653.jpg
http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/h...1/P1000656.jpg
http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/h...1/P1000654.jpg
maxxman_121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 06:34 PM   #23
Quarry Creeper

Thanks for the pics.
brokenb4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 04:29 PM   #24

Default metal gear oops

so i havent really done much with the cc for a while but i got it back out today and ran for a lil while outside around the house and then i stripped one the gears in the front axle and being i have all the metal gears except for one the diff gear i figured on that being the one but i was wrong i actually stripped the metal idler gear i took 8 of the 12 teeth of the smaller side of the gear. Heres a pic.

http://i259.photobucket.com/albums/h...1/P1000837.jpg
Old 08-28-2009, 12:59 PM   #25
Quarry Creeper

maxxman - id love to see your rigs sometime. I am in Post Falls and always looking for people to go run with . whats the status on your idler gear?
username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2009, 08:33 PM   #26

yeah that would be great its always good to meet more new ppl to go out and run with, as far as the idler goes dtx is supposed to be sending me a replacment out but i have not recieved it yet but hopefully soon.
Old 09-24-2009, 07:51 PM   #27

Default idler gear

so after a lil over a month of waiting on duratrax and them sending the gear to the wrong place the first time i finally got my replacement gear yesterday and got it all put back together last night, so now im back up and ready to roll again.
Old 09-27-2009, 08:15 AM   #28
I joined the Band!

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxxman_121 View Post
so after a lil over a month of waiting on duratrax and them sending the gear to the wrong place the first time i finally got my replacement gear yesterday and got it all put back together last night, so now im back up and ready to roll again.
well lets see a video of this beast
TNCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 09:56 PM   #29
RCC Addict

seconded
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNCrawler View Post
well lets see a video of this beast
kurtus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 03:00 AM   #30
Quarry Creeper

Why are you running dual ESC's? I am running a Castle Mamba Micro Pro with both stock motors in parallel using 3s Lipo, wheel speed is a fast walk, control on the low end is fantastic... after running on the rocks for over an hour, the motors and ESC are only about 10 degrees above ambiant temp. The only stall that I appear to be getting looks to be normal stall that my friend gets with his AX-10, when you get wedged in a crevace or under a ledge.
The only real issue I am having now is I need more weight in the front end for traction, and taller tires for better ground clearance, also it sits too high, and thus is a bit prone to tipping.
My CC is performing so well with this stock drivetrain, that I am ordering the steel gear set w/ 11t pinions, and larger tires with weights so I have better ground clearance, and I will start working now on trying to get a little bit of droop intoduced for lower CG, and better overall crawling ability.
artsifrtsi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2009, 04:22 PM   #31

im running dual esc's because i have the truck setup on a twin stick thats the way i wanted to set it up so i did i could run one but that wouldnt be as much fun for me. i dont intend to make this into a comp crawler thats what my tuber ax would be for. i could have stuck with the stock motors but i wanted to do something that nobody else has done and with puting te 540s in that was a big thing that would stand out about this truck over anybody elses. with these motors i have great low end torque and wheel speed is a slow jog so i have the best of both worlds with torque and a lot of speed