Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Duratrax Cliff Climber

Notices

Thread: InFlames' cliff climber comp build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2009, 07:38 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default InFlames' cliff climber comp build

Well my turn for a build. It started out stock like any other...

Still working on the chassis part right now... Dont really have a plan for electronics yet, still waiting for sweli and spartacus_nuc to see what they can come up with motor wise... Here is a picture of the jig i made for the WB i want, looking for 11.5 with stock links and later ill make custom links to achieve a 12.5 WB.

You can look in the right side of the picture for a peek at what i have planned for the chassis.
InFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-2009, 08:09 PM   #2
Rock Crawler

A tuber cc. Sweetness man!
addictedtonitro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 08:17 PM   #3
Quarry Creeper

I'll be keeping an eye on this. A tuber would be cool.
brokenb4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 12:20 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Hmm...

I will be working on some link and shock mounts later. For the shocks i want something around 3 1/2 inches (1/2 inch longer than stock), probably just try and find something cheap on here. I want everyone to know this thing may never see a comp, but in the case i want too, i want this to be ready for it. If anyone is interested in a tuber for their CC, let me know, i might be building a few. ;)

Last edited by InFlames; 04-02-2009 at 12:27 PM. Reason: typo
Old 04-02-2009, 01:59 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Woah, now I'm jealous.... that is SWEEEEEET!!!!!!
Well done; anxious to see it completed.
papabash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 02:58 PM   #6
Rock Crawler

Looks great so far! I'd like to have a tuber on my CC once I get one.
amorton94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 04:41 PM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Nice tuber maaan! Keep it going ;) So .. what are those secret motors? :P
ccbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 04:57 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Thanks for the compliments everyone!!! I will try and get it mounted this weekend and possibly make the longer links...

Quote:
Originally Posted by amorton94 View Post
Looks great so far! I'd like to have a tuber on my CC once I get one.
Im sure we can work something out. Nows the time to buy, $59.99 for the artr on tower hobbies.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXURC2&P=ML

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccbg View Post
Nice tuber maaan! Keep it going ;) So .. what are those secret motors? :P
Thanks, as far as i know they are still working on finding a flawless set up. I will post up what electronics i will be using once i figure it out.
Old 04-02-2009, 05:00 PM   #9

That is an AWESOME tube chassis - one of the nicest I've seen!

They're practically giving away the ARTRs now - $60?! Didn't they start out at around $140?
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 05:02 PM   #10
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
That is an AWESOME tube chassis - one of the nicest I've seen!

They're practically giving away the ARTRs now - $60?! Didn't they start out at around $140?
Thanks. Yeah they started somewhere around there, i got my rtr for $120 and i even regret it, its not worth paying the extra money for these cheap electronics, artr would be the way to go.
Old 04-02-2009, 05:51 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

Thumbs up

GOOD WORK MAN! looks sweet! keep us posted with updates would like to see how it all comes together
medina619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 06:39 PM   #12
Quarry Creeper

NICE JOB You built that from scratch? I might be interested in a tuber. How much you thinkin?
doubletrouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 07:06 PM   #13
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by medina619 View Post
GOOD WORK MAN! looks sweet! keep us posted with updates would like to see how it all comes together
Thanks! Ill definitely keep it updated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubletrouble View Post
NICE JOB You built that from scratch? I might be interested in a tuber. How much you thinkin?

Thanks! Yes the tuber was built from scratch. It is modeled after another tuber i have, this one is just a tad smaller. As for pricing im not to sure yet, depends on how many people want one. Im thinking about starting them at $65. I also dont know if i will keep this design, or make different ones. If anyone is seriously interested in a tuber, let me know and we'll work something out.

Last edited by InFlames; 04-02-2009 at 07:06 PM. Reason: typooo
Old 04-02-2009, 07:50 PM   #14
Quarry Creeper

Man can't get over how sweet that looks. With that tuber and the right motors it would make a good comp rig. I think I might be interested in a tuber set up.
doubletrouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2009, 08:04 PM   #15
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubletrouble View Post
Man can't get over how sweet that looks. With that tuber and the right motors it would make a good comp rig. I think I might be interested in a tuber set up.
Definitely, i cant wait to wrap it all up either, might be a couple weeks though because i am also working on my 1:1 mud truck and that comes first. I PM'ed you about the tuber.
Old 04-02-2009, 09:08 PM   #16
Rock Crawler

ummm, you might want to chill on the selling of the chassis without purchasing a blue star. The mod-gods will be displeased....

Cool chassis, though, and posting pics of a finished unit 24hrs. after showing pics of a drawing and some tube? You're either real, REAL fast of you already had that chassis mostly finished...

From the "rules of RcCrawler page"

Vendors:

In order to sell your goods on this site you must become a supporting vendor.
RCC will not allow anyone without a vendor star to create "feeler" threads to gauge interest on the product you are thinking about selling.
Feeler threads will be deleted without notice. If you continue to create them you will be warned or given an infraction, then banned, not necessarily in that order.
Please try to support the RCC vendors whenever you can as they are doing the hobby a great service to bring you the best crawler specific parts available.
There are lots of vendors in the Vendors Market section, search around in there.

Last edited by JavelinSST390; 04-02-2009 at 09:15 PM.
JavelinSST390 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 07:19 AM   #17
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JavelinSST390 View Post
ummm, you might want to chill on the selling of the chassis without purchasing a blue star. The mod-gods will be displeased....

Cool chassis, though, and posting pics of a finished unit 24hrs. after showing pics of a drawing and some tube? You're either real, REAL fast of you already had that chassis mostly finished...

From the "rules of RcCrawler page"

Vendors:

In order to sell your goods on this site you must become a supporting vendor.
RCC will not allow anyone without a vendor star to create "feeler" threads to gauge interest on the product you are thinking about selling.
Feeler threads will be deleted without notice. If you continue to create them you will be warned or given an infraction, then banned, not necessarily in that order.
Please try to support the RCC vendors whenever you can as they are doing the hobby a great service to bring you the best crawler specific parts available.
There are lots of vendors in the Vendors Market section, search around in there.
Okay i WILL NOT be taking orders. I dont want to go against the rules of this site. I will be making more to test different designs however, so the other ones i will just sell in the for sale section as used. As for the tube work, it only took about 6 hours on and off working on it to get to where you call it "finished", plus it was based off another tuber i have as mentioned above, this one is just a little smaller. However it is NOT finished, it still needs a skid plate, shock and link mounts, body panels and some powder coat..

Last edited by InFlames; 04-03-2009 at 07:25 AM.
Old 04-03-2009, 02:25 PM   #18
RCC Addict

Just got done making some of the body panels, i know i used a lot of zip ties.

I will probably go start working on shock mounts now...
Old 04-03-2009, 04:23 PM   #19
Pebble Pounder

Not bad, just use black zippies ;) No need for zips for the MIDDLE of the side panel? it would be good if both side panels + bottom panel are a one bent piece + no zip ties on the bottom ;) (you can get stuck on them)
ccbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2009, 04:37 PM   #20

hey shoot me a price on one of these. id like one where i could use stock links and shocks and be able to have a 1/10th scale wheel base (12 to 12.5 inches) rather than the stock 1/14th scale 9.5 in wheel base
flexj is offline   Reply With Quote