Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Duratrax Cliff Climber

Notices

Thread: TCS Crawler Proto Tester Frame

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2009, 05:21 PM   #21
Quarry Creeper

Here you go....I can get some detailed pictures if you need just let me know what you want to see.
Attached Images

Jeephead is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-07-2009, 05:54 PM   #22

i have been interested in maybe starting a scaler. I think that this frame is a good excuse to but a artr cliff climber.
furiousgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 07:29 PM   #23
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by starvenamrvin View Post
Acording to amoron or my apologizes amorton you cant have a scale moa rig even if your not going to compete with the rig or put it in the scale section. Some people just like the look or performance of them, sure its not one hundred percent scale, who cares.
Who the hell are you to make fun of someone's name?! Just asking a F'in question! MOA can't be scaler because do you see any trucks driving around with dual engines, each running it's own axle? No, you don't. Yes, there is some problems with the current definition of scale, but until some smartass like you makes a working 1/10 scale engine, and ultimately just shrinks a 1/1 vehicle, no one can be happy huh? Yes, you can make a MOA LOOK scale, but ultimately it isn't scale. Sorry everyone can't be satisfied
amorton94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 09:19 PM   #24
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by amorton94 View Post
Who the hell are you to make fun of someone's name?! Just asking a F'in question! MOA can't be scaler because do you see any trucks driving around with dual engines, each running it's own axle? No, you don't. Yes, there is some problems with the current definition of scale, but until some smartass like you makes a working 1/10 scale engine, and ultimately just shrinks a 1/1 vehicle, no one can be happy huh? Yes, you can make a MOA LOOK scale, but ultimately it isn't scale. Sorry everyone can't be satisfied
Quote:
Originally Posted by your mom
Go to you're room...
Quote:
Originally Posted by you
why?
Quote:
Originally Posted by your mom
Because I said so...

That's the only reason anyone can say that MOA rigs aren't scale, because they said so. Guess what, an AX10 transmission mounted in the center of the skid plate is just as "not scale" as a MOA rig. I've yet to see a truck with the engine in the dead center of the vehicle and two equal length shafts driving the axles. So what is the REAL reason every "scaler" hates MOAs? Because they're spending tons of money on SCX10s and the CC guys are out maybe $200 for the same (or better) performing truck, and from about 10 feet they look the same (until you flip them over.)

So, if I took "clampy" or any of the scale builds, and put the same body on CC axles, it instantly becomes "not scale" and all the hard work put into the build is useless?

I still have yet to see a good argument as to why AX10 trannys are acceptable when MOAs aren't. No more of the "Because do you see a 1:1 like that" BS, because no, I don't see 1:1's with AX10 style or placed engines.

Thank You.
monkeyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 10:05 PM   #25
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfoot View Post
Therer is nothing wrong with MOA as a scaler. Its a bunch of BS that self elected officials decided to not allow MOAs in comps. Their reason, its not scale, neither are 1.9 or 2.2 wheels and tires on a 1/12 or 1/10 truck. My MOA Cliff Climber Scaler will walk all over my other 4 shafts scalers and its a bonestock setup on a stock Clod chassis. Open mouths and closed minds really can ruin the fun of a hobby!
there is a lot of that here suddenly, this should be called school by them einsteins.
JOOTZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 10:12 PM   #26
Quarry Creeper

They are ONLY not scale because 4-10 guys who were appointed by the favoritism of their peers decided that MOAs cannot be used in scale comps. Same as the reasoning behind no MOA 1.9 Crawlers in comps. There isnt 1 god damn thing 100% scale about any RC. I will put this truck up against any shafty scale truck built with stock susp, drivetrain and electronics. This hobby is just that A HOBBY, and Ill be damned if anyone will tell me what I can or cant do with my hobby of the money I spend on it. Its idiots that say I CAN'T do something that will push me to do it even harder. My signature says it all.

Last edited by blackfoot; 05-07-2009 at 10:14 PM.
blackfoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 10:27 PM   #27

NICES ride!!!!! I am more of a Chevy guy myself but building a 8x8x8.

As for the Scale Factor, it is the matter of ones own opinion. I want my RIG to be Realistic and Powerful. But that is just me. There are many RC'ers out there that lean toward Scale and what ever they can get that is made by manufacturers.

Personally I prefer total Custom. The only Chinese parts that will be on my RIG will be the cheap electronics, and tires.
tobyaxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 10:42 PM   #28
Quarry Creeper

OK...everyone take a deep breath.....In....Out....
Let us get back to the forum. I do not care if my Cliff Climber can enter a competition or not. As stated before, who gives a flying crap where my damn engines are? The truck looks cool and I am having fun with it. It looks scale in a way but that is my opinion. If I was serious about Competition crawling then I will get another rig and set it up as such.
Remember guys, this is supposed to be a fun "Hobby" You have fun building,fabricating,designing and breaking your trucks. If you want to add a plastic medicine bottle to the back of your pick-up and call it a 5 gallon pail cause it is white or you painted it white, who am I to say "Hey that is not SCALE, a real 5 gallon pail would be shorter...blah,blah,blah"
You make it look or resemble something real and you are happy. So let it be. Lets not get our nuts in a knot over such petty issues. We should go out and build our $120 rigs to our liking and have fun doing it. Believe me I would love to get a rig like the Tamiya Hilux High-lift, that looks very scale, but right now I am having a ton of fun with my CC & my CR-01.
NO MORE BASHING EACH OTHER.....save it for our trucks, HA!
Old 05-07-2009, 11:01 PM   #29
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobyaxis View Post
NICES ride!!!!! I am more of a Chevy guy myself but building a 8x8x8.

As for the Scale Factor, it is the matter of ones own opinion. I want my RIG to be Realistic and Powerful. But that is just me. There are many RC'ers out there that lean toward Scale and what ever they can get that is made by manufacturers.

Personally I prefer total Custom. The only Chinese parts that will be on my RIG will be the cheap electronics, and tires.
I totally agree. I would much rather find something that looks like something else or fabricate something.
It is very rewarding to have said "I built that" instead of "I bought that"
I would like to make more of my own parts but time and tools prevent my creativity from evolving,HA!
Old 05-07-2009, 11:04 PM   #30
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfoot View Post
They are ONLY not scale because 4-10 guys who were appointed by the favoritism of their peers decided that MOAs cannot be used in scale comps. Same as the reasoning behind no MOA 1.9 Crawlers in comps. There isnt 1 god damn thing 100% scale about any RC. I will put this truck up against any shafty scale truck built with stock susp, drivetrain and electronics. This hobby is just that A HOBBY, and Ill be damned if anyone will tell me what I can or cant do with my hobby of the money I spend on it. Its idiots that say I CAN'T do something that will push me to do it even harder. My signature says it all.

Old 05-07-2009, 11:51 PM   #31
Pebble Pounder

Looken good bro, cant wait for the other pics. yeah i watched your vid a few weeks ago and was like cliff climber+scale chassis=sick. So im thinken of doin it to mine.
starvenamrvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 12:09 AM   #32
Quarry Creeper

Thanks, I really like the way it handles with this frame. I can still climb rocks and do some trail rides as well.
Old 05-08-2009, 12:59 AM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeephead View Post
OK...everyone take a deep breath.....In....Out....
Let us get back to the forum. I do not care if my Cliff Climber can enter a competition or not. As stated before, who gives a flying crap where my damn engines are? The truck looks cool and I am having fun with it. It looks scale in a way but that is my opinion. If I was serious about Competition crawling then I will get another rig and set it up as such.
Remember guys, this is supposed to be a fun "Hobby" You have fun building,fabricating,designing and breaking your trucks. If you want to add a plastic medicine bottle to the back of your pick-up and call it a 5 gallon pail cause it is white or you painted it white, who am I to say "Hey that is not SCALE, a real 5 gallon pail would be shorter...blah,blah,blah"
You make it look or resemble something real and you are happy. So let it be. Lets not get our nuts in a knot over such petty issues. We should go out and build our $120 rigs to our liking and have fun doing it. Believe me I would love to get a rig like the Tamiya Hilux High-lift, that looks very scale, but right now I am having a ton of fun with my CC & my CR-01.
NO MORE BASHING EACH OTHER.....save it for our trucks, HA!
I will enjoy running plastic trucks over, LOL. Seriously one mans creation is just that "His Own Creation". To poke and prod at someone for any reason isn't very savvy to say the least.

I can actually design anything then go out into my garage and make just about anything with the Lathe or Mill, but that does not give me or anyone else the right to BASH someones hard work.

You guys do a ton of improvising that shows talent in it's self. You should be proud of what you can make and show support to others doing the same thing.

Create it and it is yours!!
tobyaxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 01:50 AM   #34
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeephead View Post
Here you go....I can get some detailed pictures if you need just let me know what you want to see.
Nice defender!!!! :O Love how it looks. What are the tires and rims? And where did you get the defender body?
ccbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 02:29 AM   #35
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccbg View Post
Nice defender!!!! :O Love how it looks. What are the tires and rims? And where did you get the defender body?
Thanks. Rims are by HPI, tires are Pro-line Dirt Hawgs 1070. Body is also HPI, got it used and already painted from The Crawler Store (Thanks guys)
The body fits the frame perfectly.
Old 05-08-2009, 02:33 AM   #36
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by tobyaxis View Post
I will enjoy running plastic trucks over, LOL. Seriously one mans creation is just that "His Own Creation". To poke and prod at someone for any reason isn't very savvy to say the least.

I can actually design anything then go out into my garage and make just about anything with the Lathe or Mill, but that does not give me or anyone else the right to BASH someones hard work.

You guys do a ton of improvising that shows talent in it's self. You should be proud of what you can make and show support to others doing the same thing.

Create it and it is yours!!
Well put. HA! Yeah metal rocks. I love the heft. Got a link to what you are running, I would like to see what you got.
Old 05-08-2009, 06:15 AM   #37
Rock Crawler

Here is a link to mine......still not finished:-(
jdawg's TCS C-Trail (in progress)
J
jdawg53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 06:33 AM   #38
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdawg53 View Post
Here is a link to mine......still not finished:-(
jdawg's TCS C-Trail (in progress)
J
They are never quite finished, HA! Hey that looks good with the leaf springs. How is the flex? I am hoping that TCS makes this frame in metal, although unless I actually break the plastic one I am not going to worry about it. :-P
Old 05-08-2009, 11:39 AM   #39
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by amorton94 View Post
First i apologize for making fun of your name. i missed typed it and then decided to stick with it cause you were bashing moa scalers bad decision on my part. :-(

Second Jdawg, i like the build, i dont know how i missed that one. Keep it goin man cant wait to see the finished product.

And third, some people don't have the money to go out and buy two $120 t rex sixty axles and pay 240 bucks on AXLES ALONE. maybe some of us arent ready or arent able to pay that much. the moa cc is excellent for anyone its cheap, pretty reliable and who cares if you make it into a scaler. Just bacause you beleive something doesnt mean everyone else has to beleive that to.
starvenamrvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 11:51 AM   #40
Quarry Creeper

Thats right, if everyone believed in one thing and no differences, we wuld all be stuck driving a nasty ass FORD. Louis Chevrolet wouldnt have taken the idea, went one step further and went a different direction.
blackfoot is offline   Reply With Quote