Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Duratrax Cliff Climber

Notices

Thread: TCS Crawler Proto Tester Frame

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-08-2009, 11:56 AM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeephead View Post
Well put. HA! Yeah metal rocks. I love the heft. Got a link to what you are running, I would like to see what you got.
That is a little difficult considering that it's in the Design Stages, LOL.

I have it posted here

The Suspension needs designing along with the Axle Rear Ring and Pinions, Transmission, Drive Shafts, Rims, and a lot more.

When the design is finished it I have to machine everything. This is going to take some time unfortunately:-(.

I need powerful cans and an ESC for Dual Motors. Any suggestions? I have been out of RC for about 15 years and a lot has changed.
tobyaxis is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-08-2009, 05:24 PM   #42
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by starvenamrvin View Post
First i apologize for making fun of your name. i missed typed it and then decided to stick with it cause you were bashing moa scalers bad decision on my part. :-(

Second Jdawg, i like the build, i dont know how i missed that one. Keep it goin man cant wait to see the finished product.

And third, some people don't have the money to go out and buy two $120 t rex sixty axles and pay 240 bucks on AXLES ALONE. maybe some of us arent ready or arent able to pay that much. the moa cc is excellent for anyone its cheap, pretty reliable and who cares if you make it into a scaler. Just bacause you beleive something doesnt mean everyone else has to beleive that to.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackfoot View Post
Thats right, if everyone believed in one thing and no differences, we wuld all be stuck driving a nasty ass FORD. Louis Chevrolet wouldnt have taken the idea, went one step further and went a different direction.
THANKS GUYS! I am very happy that we are back on track! You are all welcome to my house for Thanksgiving! HA!

That is what I like about the Cliff CLimber, out of the box it is a lot of fun and quite capable for $120 or so. The only thing Duratrax needs to get on the ball with is getting us better Pinion Gears! and upgraded motors and better shocks that don't run you $70+ (Big Bore). But I can live with the stock setup since I am only having fun with it.
-Z
Jeephead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 08:39 PM   #43
Pebble Pounder

Sweet man, there better be good food! haha. Yeah i also enjoy how theres no need to deal with the freaken drive shafts, annoying as hell when custom building something. Oh and jeephead i was wondering if you could post some more pics of its max articulation. Thanks

Jake
starvenamrvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 06:17 AM   #44
Quarry Creeper

I know I have another one with the body on but here you go:
Attached Images

Old 05-11-2009, 04:56 PM   #45
Pebble Pounder

Thanks man, thats just what i was looken for.
starvenamrvin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 05:19 PM   #46
Quarry Creeper

Try these shots.
Attached Images

Old 05-15-2009, 08:41 AM   #47
Pebble Pounder

Can anyone with this chassis tell me what the wheelbase is, and what dimensions on the body would be suitable?

I would really like to do a scale looking rig.. or scale-ish.. was originally thinking the Proline Hummer H1 for stampede.. but not sure if it's too small (narrow)..
kevin107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 09:29 AM   #48
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevin107 View Post
Can anyone with this chassis tell me what the wheelbase is, and what dimensions on the body would be suitable?

I would really like to do a scale looking rig.. or scale-ish.. was originally thinking the Proline Hummer H1 for stampede.. but not sure if it's too small (narrow)..
Ha! I just measured the truck last night to see if it would fit in a Rubbermaid box but I did not get the wheelbase. I will do that later today. If I remember correctly the wheelbase was around 11.5 inches hub to hub. over all length was like 16-17" long Front to Back on frame.

Went home at lunch-
Wheelbase is 10 7/8" nut to nut
Frame length is 15 3/4" end to end
I think the Hummer would look cool on this frame, not sure what the WB is on that puppy.
-Z

Last edited by Jeephead; 05-15-2009 at 12:57 PM.
Old 05-15-2009, 02:29 PM   #49
Rock Crawler

Wheelbase on the 'Pede Hummer body is 10". It could work as a crawler body but not real scale looking. The body is not as wide as the CC is the inside side wall of the tires line up with the fenders on the Hummer body. Hummer body width is 6".
fixed13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 02:48 PM   #50
Pebble Pounder

Wonder then if the maxxed sized NON-h2 body will work.. or maybe even the Bushwacker.. would probably try to see if I can run some sort of 1.9's
kevin107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2009, 04:04 PM   #51
Rock Crawler

Sorry, can't help there, all my max bodies have been long gone. If I remeber right the width would be about right but the length may be to long.
fixed13 is offline   Reply With Quote