Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Duratrax Cliff Climber

Notices

Thread: Drag brake

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-07-2009, 11:39 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default Drag brake

I installed a FX R on my sons CC and the drag brake doesn't work. Is that because of the duel motors? Hes running a 3 cell lipo and banebot motors. We keep braking the metal gears.
SDheavymetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-2009, 12:20 AM   #2
Rock Stacker

Are the metal gears junk? I have not heard to many people stripping the plastic gears even with the banebots motors.
badtoy1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 05:50 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

The plastic gears are junk for me. Still deciding weather or not to shelf my ride or spend $80 for metal gears to be able to just run it and I am using vendetta motors.
rag6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 08:29 AM   #4
Rock Stacker

With the Banebots motors, or faster motors try running a single pack or 2s lipo and the plastic gears will hold up just fine. It won't be nearly as fast as dual packs or 3s lipo, but at least it will stay running
RCer4Life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 09:26 PM   #5
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDheavymetal View Post
I installed a FX R on my sons CC and the drag brake doesn't work. Is that because of the duel motors? Hes running a 3 cell lipo and banebot motors. We keep braking the metal gears.
I don't see how dual motors would effect the drag break, does the FXR have different drive profiles? (Is the brake shut off, like on some other esc's)
fixed13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 09:39 PM   #6
RCC Addict

The Tekin has 11 steps/setting just for the drag brake. Not sure with the double motor stuff. Its set to 11 the hightest. On my Axial if I let off the throttle fast it will endo because th brake is so strong. My son seems to brake a lot of stuff. He is 14 years old and bashes all his R/C stuff.
SDheavymetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2009, 06:49 AM   #7
Rock Crawler

I am running a single gp3300 pack with a sidewinder esc and if I pull full throttle, it will pull the front wheels about and inch and the rear counter gear breaks. It happened twice. Then just crawling over a pillow at half throttle, broke another one. I am afraid to run it again. But downhill, the 40% drag on the sidewinder has held at almost 45* on a piece of plywood. This is an awesome controller for crawling.

Last edited by rag6; 06-09-2009 at 06:52 AM.
rag6 is offline   Reply With Quote