Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Duratrax Cliff Climber

Notices

Thread: Thinking on getting a Cliff? nows the time!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2009, 05:15 AM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default Thinking on getting a Cliff? nows the time!

check this out, http://www.towerhobbies.com/products...ax/dtxd18.html

if you were thinking on getting one but not sure on the price, now it would be worth trying out, i saw this and figured id let ppl know

cheers!
airranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2009, 04:31 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Location: Marion, iowa where no fun happens,ok, maybe once in a long while!!

im going to get one now
T600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 04:43 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

a friend of mine has one my nearly stock axial would crawl circles around it! i wouldnt buy one
2500hdon37s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 06:27 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

ik there cheap and i would make a scaler
Old 06-18-2009, 07:39 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

I have had mine since Christmas and haven't even taken it out of the box yet. Someday I plan to do a scale version.
RockEd out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 08:28 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2500hdon37s View Post
a friend of mine has one my nearly stock axial would crawl circles around it! i wouldnt buy one
LOL i dont want one and would never buy one but letting ppl know who might and maby for somone who wants to get into rock crawling at a cheap price.........
airranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 08:35 PM   #7
Rock Crawler

Don't knock a cliff climber till you have one, they are fun to play around with and with a few mods they are not to bad given the price you can get one for. Wouldn't give up my AX but this is what my CC looks like, and it can hold its own out bashing, and the kids love it.
Attached Images

Last edited by fixed13; 06-18-2009 at 08:37 PM.
fixed13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 09:17 PM   #8
RCC Addict

Yeah, apples to oranges comparing to an ax10. They aren't in the same realm, but the CC does surprisingly well for being the underdog, "glorfied nylint".
Jamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 06:48 AM   #9
Rock Crawler

fixed
looks good
jdawg53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 07:53 AM   #10
Rock Crawler

With a little work, they can make a pretty nice scaler, even if it is a moa:
rag6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 09:12 PM   #11

FYI that at omnimodels.com, the price is the same, but you get free shipping. there is also a $10 off $100 cupon on front page. add some stick-on lead weights to your order, which you'll want, or that hitec 645 servo, and you'll be able to take advantage of both discounts.

I got mine a month ago. I'm glad I did. I'm constantly amazed at the stuff it can do...

I'm sure axial can crawl right over it (i know, i just did yesterday with my new RTC), but guess what, axial cost me more then twice the price of CC. So who cares?

off to cut some tubing to make new longer links for my CC.

long term goal: stick radio runnig 4 channels (2 ECS's and 2 steering servos). yeah, i know. i could spend 10 times the cash and do the same with a better truck...

i think this smallish guy has the best fun to buck ratio out there at this price point, and great for anyone not sure if crawling is for them, since the investment is so small.

at it's original 200something price, i would agree that MRC or Axial would be better options, but for $110 shipped, it's like arguing that bmw is a better car then a hunday.
dowtort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 08:06 PM   #12
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdawg53 View Post
fixed
looks good
Thanks, was a fun build, chassis and links are all home made. The only things I had to buy are the BaneBots motors and the shocks.
Old 06-20-2009, 09:31 PM   #13
Rock Stacker

for $110 who its a very good price for a bash truck and what i mean by bash truck i mean beat the livin hell out of it but you would probaly have to replace alot of parts
Old 06-28-2009, 05:03 AM   #14

I've been thinking about getting into crawling with this vehicle, since here in the city I can't find anywhere to run my other vehicles. On my college campus there is a creek with so many places with rocks and stuff that are just begging to be crawled over.

Would it be too much of a struggle or should I go for it? Crawling over wet rocks, that is. Would I need a tire upgrade? I mean for $50 (prebuilt) it's really really tempting, I'll probably just use 1/10 electronics since I have some.
kanamin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 01:47 PM   #15
Pebble Pounder

im thinking about getting another CC.

cool chassis how is it wourking for you
medina619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 05:41 PM   #16

I got my new RTR CC last friday. I did some crawling in the back yard and for about 2hrs later the right rear tire wont turn, all i had turning was the two front tires and one left rear tire. It made some grinding sound The CC works pretty good if you bump on the trigger, if you just easup the front axle will pull and the rear just stays there, so I learned that bumping the trigger will make the rear run with the front axle. Overall its a good crawler for the money.
E4x4Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 06:38 PM   #17
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by E4x4Eric View Post
I got my new RTR CC last friday. I did some crawling in the back yard and for about 2hrs later the right rear tire wont turn, all i had turning was the two front tires and one left rear tire. It made some grinding sound The CC works pretty good if you bump on the trigger, if you just easup the front axle will pull and the rear just stays there, so I learned that bumping the trigger will make the rear run with the front axle. Overall its a good crawler for the money.

Sounds like you broke something to me.
FlexdXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2009, 08:06 PM   #18
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by E4x4Eric View Post
I have not had this problem with mine but others on here have. Search around a little and you will most likely find the answer.
Old 06-29-2009, 08:54 PM   #19
Rock Crawler

Me, personally, have higher expectations for crawlers. But, I plan on getting one for my GF.
eron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2009, 10:48 AM   #20
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by eron View Post
Me, personally, have higher expectations for crawlers. But, I plan on getting one for my GF.
I think that's the problem I keep running into. If I'd never owned another crawler before, the CC would seem a lot better to me.
Jamus is offline   Reply With Quote