Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Duratrax Cliff Climber

Notices

Thread: My CC

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2009, 09:14 AM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default My CC

*****UPDATE AT THE BOTTOM WITH NEW WHEELS AND TIRES!!!*****

I know we have a photo thread but thought I would get more feedback in here on my CC. Its fun and its my first crawler. I just repainted the body last night with Tamiya paints. Rear steer lock. I extended the links also with thread rod and sleaved the lower links with SS piping. A little beafy but very strong. It has an 11" wb and it crawls great. Im waiting on some aluminum 3/16 piping to come in to sleave the top links. After that maybe new taller tires...doing research now on which ones will do good for fun crawling. Thanks to those of you who replied to my posts and messages that gave me some help. Enjoy, the pics are a little dark but ill get new ones soon!

Last edited by 09xD; 06-18-2009 at 07:33 AM.
09xD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-12-2009, 04:43 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Daaamn, real nice paint job! (btw check mine out;)) Almost looks like u didnt drive it much Tires look like new Are these posers? :P What is the darker color? And nice job on the chop of the body
ccbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 05:56 PM   #3
Rock Crawler

Paint looks great! Those colors look awesome together. The body chop is so clean I didn't even notice it until I saw it mentioned in the other post.
nascarkeith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 06:29 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

Haha thanks dudes! Yeah I drive it, just havent gotten it anywhere dirty or fun yet. The paints I used were Tamiyas and they were Metallic Red and Gunmetal. I just stripped the body of any stickers, taped the windows, and used a Scotch brite pad to scuff up the body...then painted away. I had to chop it quite a bit for the tires not to rub when its flexed all the way. Glad everyone likes the new paint!
Old 06-12-2009, 06:31 PM   #5
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccbg View Post
Daaamn, real nice paint job! (btw check mine out;)) Almost looks like u didnt drive it much Tires look like new Are these posers? :P What is the darker color? And nice job on the chop of the body
Oh, and yes these were posers for the pics. Im definitly going to get some real deal action shots soon.
Old 06-17-2009, 03:51 PM   #6
RCC Addict

Default Nice

Looks cool! Great paint job my friend.
fernando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 05:05 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Do you have a pic with the body off? I d like to see the link set up since you lengthend it .
dirttrackdemon93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 11:15 PM   #8
Rock Stacker

I do not yet but ill get you some in the morning for sure...i also have new wheels and tires on it now...RPM Revolvers narrow and Losi Rock Clawz. I will post in a few hours with some new photos!
Old 06-18-2009, 07:30 AM   #9
Rock Stacker

This is the only pic I found right now that shows the links. The top links are not sleaved right now with the aluminum tubing but will be soon, they still work fine. Lowers are sleaved with stainless steel piping.

And just for show offs!

Please do not joke to hard on my tyco batteries haha, they are the only ones I had at the time that work, but they work pretty good for it and last forever!

Last edited by 09xD; 06-18-2009 at 07:32 AM.
Old 06-18-2009, 07:53 AM   #10
Quarry Creeper

I like it i considerd getting a cc but the guy ripped me off
geekfreek95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 07:55 AM   #11
Rock Stacker

Thanks, I cant really rate it compared to other crawlers since this is my first and only crawler. But from a new crawler view...it does pretty well and I enjoy it. You can check ebay, I came across my RTR kit for $100 shipped!
Old 06-18-2009, 01:01 PM   #12
RCC Addict

I can't knock the tyco battery, found one in my junk box just yesterday. Mine came with a desert truck on clearance for $20 at walmart.
Jamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 01:48 PM   #13
Pebble Pounder

09xD, how do you like the 2.2 losi claws (am i right on tires?)?
ccbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 08:06 PM   #14
Rock Stacker

Jamus : Yes, I cant knock on Tyco either...it works and does well haha!

ccbg : I love the losi claws. They are decent on softness but they are sticky. The tread pattern works good for comp style or scale style. They are right at 5" tall which gives the cc a little more tire for tougher terrain. All in all I am glad I got them and HobbyTown USA in Richmond, VA where they have a very cool crawler guru that led me right to them. Worth it for sure!

Here is a little sneak peak at what ive been working on today....its an old Parma f350 body that I had on my T Maxx...its very beat up but makes it look like it has some nice scars. On my way to the hardware store I some military style humvees in this color. This is what I have for now but have a little more work. Im not going crazy scale with it but just a cool body to use on my CC from time to time. Its painted with a flat sandy color, the grill has an add on from a hummer body that was broken and I painted it black.....the RPM Revolver wheels definitly fit it well. Enjoy!
Old 06-18-2009, 08:06 PM   #15
Rock Stacker

The pic is a little blurry...ill have some outdoor ones tomorrow when I finish it up.
Old 06-20-2009, 10:27 AM   #16
Rock Stacker

Dude Nice!!! Thought you were going to put some symbols and stuff on it?
Jay34ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 02:36 PM   #17
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay34ever View Post
Dude Nice!!! Thought you were going to put some symbols and stuff on it?
Its done now...my other thread on here that says something with cc action has the final pics when I was driving it....or you can see it when you get home from Ohio!