Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Duratrax Cliff Climber

Notices

Thread: ESC problems?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2009, 02:49 PM   #1
Rock Stacker

Default ESC problems?

I was driving my cc and it stopped working. All the lights were on and looked to be fine but when I gave it some throttle, nothing happened. I thought it may have been my batteries so I charged them up and the problem is still happening. When I give it throttle I have no foward but reverse works fine until a little tension then it stops working. If I switch the motor plugs from front to back I get foward motion but no reverse....any help?? Thanks in advance!
09xD is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-23-2009, 07:08 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

I was having some problems sort of like what you are explainig when i first got mine but found if i turn on my radio before plugging in the batterys it will work fine. If all elts fails and you have another radio you should try it, i have here of these type of problems being fixed with a new radio. Hope this is the same case with you, we can't lose any duratrax owners no one outside of the cliff climber section can see the fun in these cheap rtrs.
nuke24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 07:15 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Sorry i forgot to add, you should also try unplugging and replugging in your batterys while your radio is on if it.
Old 07-23-2009, 07:21 PM   #4
Rock Stacker

I will try that....I called the warranty number and they said some transistor in the esc or something like that is bad. They can replace it for free but only if bought through a hobby store that is a great planes dealer...and I got mine on ebay by a private seller. I guess this means maybe time to upgrade? haha
09xD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 12:45 PM   #5
Pebble Pounder

Yeah i know how that feels, to bad they can't replace it for you. Yeah if i was you i would think about upgrading esc's, the stock one is around $75 i think and there are much better esc's out there for less. If you search around on the form you can see the esc's that work for other people.
nuke24
Old 07-24-2009, 08:06 PM   #6
Quarry Creeper

cant see a reason not to upgrade now considering its busted
dblrnut is offline   Reply With Quote