Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Duratrax Cliff Climber

Notices

Thread: plug and play battery

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-15-2009, 05:45 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default plug and play battery

I am looking for the least expensive option for plug and play batteries for the Cliff Climber RTR. I bought one for my 4 year old to beat on and I don't want to spend more money for batts than I did on the truck. Any ideas?

I was wondering if these will work http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXTYW5&P=0
the plugs are micro but the plug on the truck in mini? will i need to add new connectors or can a get a cheap set of adapters?
TRA3905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-2009, 06:21 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Looks like those will work .. the Duratrax batteries for cc are 1600mah and a few bucks cheaper .
djr01974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 02:25 PM   #3

Default EP1500 rc car batterys

I bought thoose from BeatuRacing.com/Diyminituner.com, got 2 packs for $24,95 and no need for adapters, came with stock plug for the cliff climber.

http://www.diyminituner.com/servlet/...battery/Detail
us_scandinavian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 12:45 PM   #4

Default Great advice.

It's a great advice, because each pack in other stores is between $20 or $25 dlls each.
In this site they cost $25 for a pair of batteries.
salgon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 06:57 PM   #5

i just bought my cc and was wondering how these battery's were and how was the service from
http://www.diyminituner.com/servlet/...battery/Detail
redyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 01:48 AM   #6

Default Batterys from Diyminituner.com

Just good, have nothing to complain about, got them shipped to Europe, and it took less than a week, they works just fine and I got a pair of batteries for the price of one.
Started with a pair of standard 6 cells 7,2v but they was too heavy for the CC, had to bought Duratrax green firmer springs just to get up a bit from bottom position on the dampers, theese packs are much lighter and I will try the yellow stock springs again.
Run time is more than enough, has never run them out so far, so I don't know how long they last, but more than 1/2 hour.
I mounted them outside the frame plates under the Body Mount Pins with straps, one on each side, for some lower COG.
us_scandinavian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 11:54 AM   #7

i just got my battery yesterday and he sent me a card that said not to charge them over 1.5v but i have a older piranha brand peak charger with a switch for 6 or 7 cell and it says its fast charge is 4.5v will this hurt my 2/3a battery's?
Old 09-06-2009, 12:10 PM   #8
I joined the Band!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redyota View Post
i just got my battery yesterday and he sent me a card that said not to charge them over 1.5v but i have a older piranha brand peak charger with a switch for 6 or 7 cell and it says its fast charge is 4.5v will this hurt my 2/3a battery's?
i guess it really depends on the brand of battery. i have the dtx 1600mah ones on fast charge them all the time and they are fine! i get about an hour of run time! i would think they would be fine but dont hold me to it!
TNCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 12:23 PM   #9

i just guess ill try the charger i got and if i fry them ill just buy new ones and then ill order a new charger too.
Old 09-06-2009, 01:06 PM   #10
I joined the Band!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redyota View Post
i just guess ill try the charger i got and if i fry them ill just buy new ones and then ill order a new charger too.
well just keep an eye on them and if they start getting overly hot unplug them! that way you dont fry them!
TNCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote